Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Tell that to Wonder Woman 2. Or Suicide Squad 2. Or Aquaman 2. Or... Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey.

Isn't Wonder Woman 2 clearly breaking her BvS setup a good sign that the shared universe angle of them is on the back seat ?

Same for all the "2" movies, I doubt Suicide Squad 2 and Aquaman 2 will feel much like a shared universe.

30 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Tell that to Wonder Woman 2. Or Suicide Squad 2. Or Aquaman 2. Or... Harley Quinn in Birds of Prey.

I am talking about the shared universe obviously, there will be DC movies in 5430 and after.

The hopes of cinephalia worldwide that could allow them to prononce the word ART about a funny book movie rest on

Todd FUCKING Phillips.

Todd

Fucking

Phillips

:rofl::rofl::hahaha:

How incredibly sad and pathetic.

How depressed, lost and desperate can you get about an art form really ?

Read books maybe ?

Edited by The Futurist

39 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Isn't Wonder Woman 2 clearly breaking her BvS setup a good sign that the shared universe angle of them is on the back seat ?

Same for all the "2" movies, I doubt Suicide Squad 2 and Aquaman 2 will feel much like a shared universe.

But it already is a shared universe. It's a little late to pretend those other movies didn't happen. Unless they start over from scratch... which we know isn't happening. 

Edited by poweranimals

27 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

But it already is a shared universe. It's a little late to pretend those other movies didn't happen. Unless they start over from scratch... which we know isn't happening. 

That pretty much what they are doing going from WW took a break from the war ending to the end of BvS to finally not so, the Joker set in a different world is right in that direction.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Matthew said:

People are crying like Shazam is a flop or disaster. 

Calm down, weekend ain't over yet. 

SHazam won't be a flop, but it is not going to do anything like Warners was probably expecting.

Can't see it doing above 50 Million OW, and it's legs are questionable at this point.

9 hours ago, LordNox said:

I think WB expected a bit more from Shazam. Right now it seems that the best Shazam can hope for is a very small profit. And the reaction from Asia means that it may not be worth it for WB to get a sequel because the fastest growing market is rejecting the movie.

I don't see any other option but for WB to have the rock as Black Adam directly for the possible sequel. His star power may be the only thing that can propel Shazam to greater hights. 

Problme with that is The Rock's star power is pretty unreliable. I think he needs the right film;put him in the wrong film and his star power is worthless.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Uh, that seems to be what they are doing....In "Aquaman" there was just one brief reference to "Justice League". They do seem to want to put as much distance between themselves and the Snyderverse as possible. IMHO, a wise move.

Why would Aquaman reference more from previous DCEU movies? lol

Some of you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses to not admit the complete failure of your 2016 prediction that this universe couldn't continue and that it would be rebooted.

• Thanks 1

Seems like a lot of overreactions in both sides for Shazam. Omg it's gonna do 44 million OW . Yeah it's not. OMG it's gonna do 60+ without screenings. It's probably not gonna do 60 with previous screenings.

It's gonna do 53-54 million probably range of 51-56, slightly above long term tracking. Pretty good opening, but not great.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Seems like a lot of overreactions in both sides for Shazam. Omg it's gonna do 44 million OW . Yeah it's not. OMG it's gonna do 60+ without screenings. It's probably not gonna do 60 with previous screenings.

It's gonna do 53-54 million probably range of 51-56, slightly above long term tracking. Pretty good opening, but not great.

And that's fine. I always expected it to open a little below or above Ant-Man. It's funny thinking back to those 80-100M predictions, even 1B ww. I have nothing against the movie but nothing about it ever suggested it was going to be a huge breakout. 

If it does 375+ WW with most of in DOM it's gonna be a decent success making a profit before video.

Compare to see Alita which costs way more and got almost nothing back from it's China haul and may not break even at 405 million.

Edited by cdsacken

5 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Shazam China total will be some 62% of CM OW.     

OS-C total maybe some 90% of CM OW.     

Can it get above 100% of CM’s OW DOM? We’ll see.

And people all over the Internet were crying Shazam is the real Captain Marvel. 

NA General Audience couldn't care less. 

Overseas GA didn't care at all. 😂😂😂😂

• ...wtf 2

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Why would Aquaman reference more from previous DCEU movies? lol

Some of you are scraping the bottom of the barrel for excuses to not admit the complete failure of your 2016 prediction that this universe couldn't continue and that it would be rebooted.

Because they contain world changing realities, if something big happen where and what Superman doing will be on people mind.

That one big issue with those shared universe you either have to find convoluted way and loose actual movie time explaining why others are not helping, or keep it small enough or have a % of your audience asking themselves why is this not big enough for the justice league to call each others.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Because they contain world changing realities, if something big happen where and what Superman doing will be on people mind.

That one big issue with those shared universe you either have to find convoluted way and loose actual movie time explaining why others are not helping, or keep it small enough or have a % of your audience asking themselves why is this not big enough for the justice league to call each others.

I just realized there's no Throne of Atlantis moment where the undersea people have taken over major metropolitan cities the way parademons, Chitauris, Decepticons invaded. 

35 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

I just realized there's no Throne of Atlantis moment where the undersea people have taken over major metropolitan cities the way parademons, Chitauris, Decepticons invaded. 

That exactly the keep it small enough strategy. Wasn't Aquaman full of previous movie reference, the population did seem to know who he was and everything,

Edited by Barnack

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

That exactly the keep it small enough strategy. Wasn't Aquaman full of previous movie reference, the population did seem to know who he was and everything,

Also forgot there's one asian guy in the movie who's trying to convince the media that Atlantis is real. 

So, they just know Aquaman and that's about it.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, Matthew said:

And people all over the Internet were crying Shazam is the real Captain Marvel. 

NA General Audience couldn't care less. 

Overseas GA didn't care at all. 😂😂😂😂

Shazam will make a profit but it won't be a runaway success and that fills my heart with joy. Haha! 

I hate Warner Bros and DC so I am glad Shazam is doing so poorly. I can admit it. I look forward to Endgame and Pikachu cutting its legs off. Lol to all the box office experts who say it's doing wonderfully. It failed in China. It came in second to a Hong Kong film. First superhero film to lose on its first weekend in China since Ghost Rider 2. Haha! It lost to Dumbo in Italy and Spain as per deadline. It came in second or worse in 19 out of 79 markets.  Also, it made around the same amount domestically as Ant-Man did four years ago and Green Lantern, which was EIGHT years ago! Get out of here! This is a disappointment. I hope we never see a sequel! Screw WB! 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/shazam-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203178303/

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1