Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, RealLyre said:

2xr1m1.jpg

SHazam looks like a great movie,but yeah, releasing it between Captain Marvel and Endgame was not a smart move.

People will think "We saw CM a couple of weeks ago, and we will be seeing Endgame in a couple of weeks;just not in the mood for a CBM this week".

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, dudalb said:

SHazam looks like a great movie,but yeah, releasing it between Captain Marvel and Endgame was not a smart move.

People will think "We saw CM a couple of weeks ago, and we will be seeing Endgame in a couple of weeks;just not in the mood for a CBM this week".

The movie was scheduled to be released on April 5 long before CM and Endgame were scheduled for their respective dates. 

• ...wtf 1

4 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I'm not sure Shazam would be a big breakout even with a better release strategy. Some movies just don't catch on with GA, regardless of how much praise they recieve from critics/fans. 

Agreed. from the reviews a lot of the humor is tongue n cheek, and tongue in cheek humor often just does no to over well.

And, frankly, a lot of CBM fans do not deal well with tongue in cheek humor also. Even nowdays the 1966 Batman TV show still is hated by some Batman fanboys.

But still, the unfortunate release date does not make things any easier.

Edited by dudalb

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The movie was scheduled to be released on April 5 long before CM and Endgame were scheduled for their respective dates. 

If true, Warners is off the hook for questionable release strategy, but that won't change that it's not a good release date.

Damage from just plain bad luck hurts as much as damage from a mistake.

7 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

That is nothing.  Movies move.  Batman v Superman and Civil War were slated for the same weekend, and WB knew enough to move.

tumblr_mhrv75vMXB1qcwrtdo3_500.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

Where exactly could they possibly have moved it to?

February 15, honestly.  It would've been better to get ahead of the CM/EG vortex.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

February 15, honestly.  It would've been better to get ahead of the CM/EG vortex.

I agree with this and I’d bet WB does as well now also. It might never of done better overseas with the current reception it’s getting but with these reviews it could of definitely done more on the domestic side and had more room to breathe. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Would the movie have even been done at that point? They did reshoots back in December. 

IDK.  But it probably would've been done had that prepared for the move like a year ago.  It wasn't like WB didn't know End Game was coming.

Just now, captainwondyful said:

IDK.  But it probably would've been done had that prepared for the move like a year ago.  It wasn't like WB didn't know End Game was coming.

I mean, Endgame wasn't scheduled to be released at the end of April until they released the teaser at the end of last year. It was originally going to be released at the beginning of May. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I mean, Endgame wasn't scheduled to be released at the end of April until they released the teaser at the end of last year. It was originally going to be released at the beginning of May. 

You're splitting hairs. 

This could have done great business regardless of Avengers. I really don't think people are unable to see two films in a month, especially since they're 3 weeks apart.