Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

25 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

Shazam will make a profit but it won't be a runaway success and that fills my heart with joy. Haha! 

I hate Warner Bros and DC so I am glad Shazam is doing so poorly. I can admit it. I look forward to Endgame and Pikachu cutting its legs off. Lol to all the box office experts who say it's doing wonderfully. It failed in China. It came in second to a Hong Kong film. First superhero film to lose on its first weekend in China since Ghost Rider 2. Haha! It lost to Dumbo in Italy and Spain as per deadline. It came in second or worse in 19 out of 79 markets.  Also, it made around the same amount domestically as Ant-Man did four years ago and Green Lantern, which was EIGHT years ago! Get out of here! This is a disappointment. I hope we never see a sequel! Screw WB! 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/shazam-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203178303/

I can’t imagine anyone over the age of 14 making this post. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/5/2019 at 2:08 PM, poweranimals said:

But it already is a shared universe. It's a little late to pretend those other movies didn't happen. Unless they start over from scratch... which we know isn't happening. 

It was a shared universe. We've had multiple WB suits come and say they're not bothering with a connected universe anymore and going standalone. Obviously that's not gonna stop people from continuing to call these movies 'DCEU'. Force of habit I guess

16 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

It was a shared universe. We've had multiple WB suits come and say they're not bothering with a connected universe anymore and going standalone. Obviously that's not gonna stop people from continuing to call these movies 'DCEU'. Force of habit I guess

I'm not buying it. They can say what they want but actions speak louder than words. Aquaman referenced Stefanwolf. Even Shazam references both Superman and Batman.

Edited by poweranimals

51 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

Shazam will make a profit but it won't be a runaway success and that fills my heart with joy. Haha! 

I hate Warner Bros and DC so I am glad Shazam is doing so poorly. I can admit it. I look forward to Endgame and Pikachu cutting its legs off. Lol to all the box office experts who say it's doing wonderfully. It failed in China. It came in second to a Hong Kong film. First superhero film to lose on its first weekend in China since Ghost Rider 2. Haha! It lost to Dumbo in Italy and Spain as per deadline. It came in second or worse in 19 out of 79 markets.  Also, it made around the same amount domestically as Ant-Man did four years ago and Green Lantern, which was EIGHT years ago! Get out of here! This is a disappointment. I hope we never see a sequel! Screw WB! 

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/shazam-tops-studios-tv-ad-spending-1203178303/

I realize this is the Franchise Wars thread, but this is really the kind of stuff we don't need on this forum. Such garbage and not an ounce of intelligence. This is supposed to be a forum for intelligent discussion, not the kind of juvenile drivel you hear in high school.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2019 at 9:21 PM, poweranimals said:

I'm not buying it. They can say what they want but actions speak louder than words. Aquaman referenced Stefanwolf. Even Shazam references both Superman and Batman.

Edited by DlAMONDZ

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

And you believe the WB suits...😅.You know all the standalone talk is just for the press and so they can keep options open and be more flexible with the DCEU and not restricted and tied down like the MCU....Ever thought of that?

WB suits will probably claim the same tattooed up Harley that appears in BOP is different from the Suicide Squad 1 and 2 versions and people will believe.....:redcapes:

Yeah it's not that hard to understand IMO. They're all in the same universe but they aren't going to bother crossing the franchises over or make references to each other at least in the near future. I've always believed the DC Films currently succeed or fail purely on their own merits and has little to do with how the previous DC Film did unless it's a direct sequel. How Shazam is doing won't have much of an impact on how Birds of Prey does next year or how Birds of Prey will definitely not have a major impact on how WW84 does. Different from how the Avengers films tends to elevate most of the other MCU films 

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

I realize this is the Franchise Wars thread, but this is really the kind of stuff we don't need on this forum. Such garbage and not an ounce of intelligence. This is supposed to be a forum for intelligent discussion, not the kind of juvenile drivel you hear in high school.

The truth hurts. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Swelling said:

The truth hurts. 

No, not really. Both because it doesn't hurt and because it isn't the truth. It's just your opinion, which carries zero weight. See, we all have opinions here, of course (that's mainly what this thread and clubs are for), but we also learn and analyze. We do this stuff in a mostly intelligent matter. Posts like this just pollute the forum. They have no place here.

Get off on this while you can, because precedent says you'll be banned soon enough.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

http://collider.com/marvel-movies-after-avengers-endgame

Feige noted that confirming Marvel’s mere presence at San Diego Comic-Con, which runs from July 18-21, would count as an Endgame spoiler. “I don’t wanna be annoying, but I think it … In a certain way, that is also sort of a post-Endgame spoiler,” Feige said

Whether X-Men or Fantastic Four reboots will have to start from scratch?

“Probably. Probably, only because, as you’ve heard me say before, until it was all done, we literally couldn’t do anything. So essentially, it’s sort of Day One. But during that time, we have built and fleshed out our five-year plan of where we’re heading, the first few years of which we’ll be announcing, as I said, relatively soon, after these next two movies.”