Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

55 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

it's called a "joke"

relax buddy

I think people give way too much credit. Yes he had 2 highest grossing movies and many successful movies and people expected that of him and still do. But the MCU which started from scratch and getting the top crown doesn't get much attention? Cameron might have made a career of what maybe 5-6 actors? MCU has made more than 40+ and is still going strong. Also how many sequels are highest grossing movies? Lot of original movies had that title. So why is it so hard for sequels to get there coz when you get so deep like 22 movies it gets very very hard to retain that audience and also get casual who aren't fanboy to watch their product... This is the hard work earned by so any people at MCU. I believe they should get more respect and credit where it is due.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

20 minutes ago, Nero said:

I think people give way too much credit. Yes he had 2 highest grossing movies and many successful movies and people expected that of him and still do. But the MCU which started from scratch and getting the top crown doesn't get much attention? Cameron might have made a career of what maybe 5-6 actors? MCU has made more than 40+ and is still going strong. Also how many sequels are highest grossing movies? Lot of original movies had that title. So why is it so hard for sequels to get there coz when you get so deep like 22 movies it gets very very hard to retain that audience and also get casual who aren't fanboy to watch their product... This is the hard work earned by so any people at MCU. I believe they should get more respect and credit where it is due.

If director X comes out and releases an ambitious blockbuster with a large budget , with a original story (no source material) which he/she wrote, casting mostly none A-list actors, then takes the entire world by storm, advances film technology in multiple fronts, while revolutionize the theatrical experience, said film then becomes the highest grossing film of all time, grossing $4.2B worldwide (raising the current worldwide record by 50%+), and then proceed to get nominated for 9 Oscars (including best Picture and best director), and - more importantly, if I really like the film; I would become a die-hard fan for life, no questions asked, the director doesn't even have to repeat this success (like Jim did).

Edited by NCsoft
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Nero said:

CHRIST what the hell am I reading

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

How much money do you think it will hit? 

Percentages in Asia, especially China, are not that favourable for distributors, compared to 

If properly marketed and the re-release is large enough, I can see $100M to $150M in China and $200M+ in Asia, potentially even more.

Question is whether Disney thinks that it would be worth it.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

If director X comes out and releases an ambitious blockbuster with a large budget , with a original story (no source material) which he/she wrote, casting mostly none A-list actors, then takes the entire world by storm, advances film technology in multiple fronts, while revolutionize the theatrical experience, said film then becomes the highest grossing film of all time, grossing $4.2B worldwide (raising the current worldwide record by 50%+), and then proceed to get nominated for 9 Oscars (including best Picture and best director), and - more importantly, if I really like the film; I would become a die-hard fan for life, no questions asked, the director doesn't even have to repeat this success (like Jim did).

NC you're a realllllllly patient responding to that post so graciously

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

Lol you just gave justification as to what my point was. I was saying Cameron gets way too much credit even after EG passing Avatar every one including Russo brothers, Kevin feige and many more persons are still praising him. My point being MCU doesn't get that much credit. Everybody expects great things from Cameron no doubt but I think everybody who worked at Marvel should also get credit. 

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

CHRIST what the hell am I reading

He's also comparing the entirety of MCU, which started the creation of its source material since the 1950s; to Jim's work on Titanic and Avatar. If that doesn't convey Cameron's impressiveness, I don't know what does. If anything, he doesn't get enough credits.

• Like 2

He's also comparing the entirety of MCU, which started the creation of its source material since the 1950s; to Jim's work on Titanic and Avatar. If that doesn't convey Cameron's impressiveness, I don't know what does. If anything, he doesn't get enough credits.

Are you kidding me? Cameron doesn't get enough credit? What do you want Nobel Peace Prize? Jesus I just literally explained as to even after the EG has passed Avatar Cameron is getting credit. My only complaint is that MCU doen't that much credit

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Also you read it wrong I said everyone knows what Cameron is capable of everybody expects great things from him and nowhere did I compare his career to MCU

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Lol you just gave justification as to what my point was. I was saying Cameron gets way too much credit even after EG passing Avatar every one including Russo brothers, Kevin feige and many more persons are still praising him. My point being MCU doesn't get that much credit. Everybody expects great things from Cameron no doubt but I think everybody who worked at Marvel should also get credit. 

MCU gets lots of credit for the passion and  work of people behind the movies, I don't know what you are talking about.

Even I who is not a big fan of superhero films  and this "Shared universe" trend, has said that The Russo's had done impressive work in Civil War, Guardians are really enjoyable movies, and Taika was a good choice for Thor Ragnarok, that was a fun film.

The thing is, MCU is the culmination of tens of thousands of peoples' work, there's 10+ different directors, numerous actors, many writers, several producers, many Disney corporate people in charge and then there's Kevin Feige, who exactly do you credit?

James Cameron is a visionary director, and it's much easier for people to acknowledge his achievement, he is the absolute focal point of all his work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

MCU gets lots of credit for the passion and  work of people behind the movies, I don't know what you are talking about.

Even I who is not a big fan of superhero films  and this "Shared universe" trend, has said that The Russo's had done impressive work in Civil War, Guardians are really enjoyable movies, and Taika was a good choice for Thor Ragnarok, that was a fun film.

The thing is, MCU is the culmination of tens of thousands of peoples' work, there's 10+ different directors, numerous actors, many writers, several producers, many Disney corporate people in charge and then there's Kevin Feige, who exactly do you credit?

James Cameron is a visionary director, and it's much easier for people to acknowledge his achievement, he is the absolute focal point of all his work.

I have read lot of news not a single one of them mentions anything about how great has MCU done? I don't think even if you will find it.

Any movie is hard work. (exept Adam Sandler comedies ?)

The pressure the people of the MCU put on themselves is nothing short of gigantic.

It is a small structure that has to deliver 2/3 films a year.

Every year since 2013.

3 gigantic films with 3000+ people in the credits with very complex VFX & stunts work.

Failure is not an option when you make a 150m/350m movie.

Failure is not an option when billions are at stake in a giant interconnected stoty line/shared universe scatered among 20+ movies.

I would say that objectively, doing a movie like The Joker is the easiest road you can take.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

Are you kidding me? Cameron doesn't get enough credit? What do you want Nobel Peace Prize? Jesus I just literally explained as to even after the EG has passed Avatar Cameron is getting credit. My only complaint is that MCU doen't that much credit

James Cameron's box office prowess is still not thoroughly understood and appreciated, right in this forum, there were people suggesting the Russo's brothers have surpassed Jim in box office power... People for the most part still can't fully comprehend what 1.84B and 2.78B means in 1997 and 2009 respectively.

Also, because he doesn't abide all Hollywood rules, and isn't exactly politically correct, the artsy award circle usually hates him, I know that because I am a more avid award season follower than I am a box office follower. Some feminists also hate him for whatever reason (I don't get it, he's created iconic powerful female roles), and his constant effort in delivering the environmentalism message also doesn't get enough credit.

Jim Cameron belongs to the list of GOAT directors, though many hesitate to put him in that caliber, partly due to the populism in his films, as if the ability to attract global audiences is a fault in itself. Both Titanic and Avatar were affected by this narrative, the "cool kids" loved Aliens and T2 for example, wouldn't acknowledge his biggest two achievements. 

By Cameron not getting enough credit, I mean a great many things, these are just some random examples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

James Cameron's box office prowess is still not thoroughly understood and appreciated, right in this forum, there were people suggesting the Russo's brothers have surpassed Jim in box office power... People for the most part still can't fully comprehend what 1.84B and 2.78B means in 1997 and 2009 respectively.

Also, because he doesn't abide all Hollywood rules, and isn't exactly politically correct, the artsy award circle usually hates him, I know that because I am a more avid award season follower than I am a box office follower. Some feminists also hate him for whatever reason (I don't get it, he's created iconic powerful female roles), and his constant effort in delivering the environmentalism message also doesn't get enough credit.

Jim Cameron belongs to the list of GOAT directors, though many hesitate to put him in that caliber, partly due to the populism in his films, as if the ability to attract global audiences is a fault in itself. Both Titanic and Avatar were affected by this narrative, the "cool kids" loved Aliens and T2 for example, wouldn't acknowledge his biggest two achievements. 

By Cameron not getting enough credit, I mean a great many things, these are just some random examples.

There is no such list as GOAT director lmao. How do you expect people to rank him when it doesn't exist. Also how will you rank a director? Based on his last credentials or selecting a genre movie or based on BO number or using Oscars? It's hard and I don't think it will do justice to other directors as well

14 minutes ago, Nero said:

There is no such list as GOAT director lmao. How do you expect people to rank him when it doesn't exist. Also how will you rank a director? Based on his last credentials or selecting a genre movie or based on BO number or using Oscars? It's hard and I don't think it will do justice to other directors as well

Influence on film industry, technological and artistic innovations, box office history, film awards, followers, directors whom they inspired, quality of the films, fanfares and lasting impacts of films.. Not exactly rocket science.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

I like Cameron but GOAT????

Well, maybe if Hitchcock, David Lean, John Ford, Orson Welles, Sergai Eisentstein. Traffaut, Stanley Kubrick, Martin Scorsese, and Spielberg all vanished from memory.......

And surprise, Cameron is a lot more gracious about Avatar going down then his fanboys are.

Cameron knows that nobody like a sore loser..something his fanboys seem to forget.

And the term visionary director has become meaningless.

• Like 1