Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

The funny thing about the situation is that the people trolling those forums were usually older women, although several were men who targeted us because most of the posters were female. They were soap opera forums, but soap fans are just as vicious flame-warriors as any other subset of fans. Maybe more so. There were death threats aimed at both fans and stars by unhinged people, over things as trivial as criticism of costumes or ships. One woman threatened an actress at a fan gathering for "stealing" the male half of her favorite couple. And that was par for the course.

It's surreal to know that some grandma posted that she was going to drive a thousand miles to shoot someone for calling Erica Kane a bitch on the Internet. One of my friends bought guns because the granny punishers posted his address and assured him that when he heard the shots it would be too late. Those women pioneered doxxing fifteen years ago. They had my address, too, from web hosting records, and some of them said they wanted me dead. That was some scary shit at times.

oh. Holy shit.

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

The funny thing about the situation is that the people trolling those forums were usually older women, although several were men who targeted us because most of the posters were female. They were soap opera forums, but soap fans are just as vicious flame-warriors as any other subset of fans. Maybe more so. There were death threats aimed at both fans and stars by unhinged people, over things as trivial as criticism of costumes or ships. One woman threatened an actress at a fan gathering for "stealing" the male half of her favorite couple. And that was par for the course.

It's surreal to know that some grandma posted that she was going to drive a thousand miles to shoot someone for calling Erica Kane a bitch on the Internet. One of my friends bought guns because the granny punishers posted his address and assured him that when he heard the shots it would be too late. Those women pioneered doxxing fifteen years ago. They had my address, too, from web hosting records, and some of them said they wanted me dead. That was some scary shit at times.

Yikes, that is scary. I'm shaking my head reading this.

I think it was @DAJK who mentioned that Cineplex employees across Canada were getting doxed due to the screenings of Unplanned. Some people are completely unhinged.

1 hour ago, Talkie said:

Maybe all of the Cameron 'stans were sock puppets of one person. Anyone thought of that?

Back when I ran my own forums, there were always a few protean posters who would switch between multiple identities to troll. A couple of them worked in large offices and would use their coworkers' computers to get around banning. One person worked for the Massachusetts state government and the other for a tech company in the Midwest. They were only persuaded to stop trolling when I tracked their IPs, posted logs of their troll posts and threatened to contact their employers' internet service providers/IT departments. The racism and constant explicit bestiality references called for drastic measures.

It's weird , supposedly grown up men act like douchebags, it's pathetic really.

7 minutes ago, JB33 said:

I think it was @DAJK who mentioned that Cineplex employees across Canada were getting doxed due to the screenings of Unplanned. Some people are completely unhinged.

Think it's bad here, go to a site where politics is a major area of discussion. It gets really scary.

And the worst thing is that it seems as though the left is now trying to pull the same authoritarian shit as the right. That is the bad things about extremes, they feed on each other. As far as I ma concerned, if no innocent bystanders were involved, Antifa and the Alt Right morons would do the world a favor by destroying each other.

And of course it always the OTHER side that is mean and stupid and dangerous. Everybody on my side is kind, smart and virtuous.

Seems to me that there is not much difference, really, between Hitler and Stalin, but that is becoming a minority opinion.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Think it's bad here, go to a site where politics is a major area of discussion. It gets really scary.

And the worst thing is that it seems as though the left is now trying to pull the same authoritarian shit as the right. That is the bad things about extremes, they feed on each other. As far as I ma concerned, if no innocent bystanders were involved, Antifa and the Alt Right morons would do the world a favor by destroying each other.

And of course it always the OTHER side that is mean and stupid and dangerous. Everybody on my side is kind, smart and virtuous.

Seems to me that there is not much difference, really, between Hitler and Stalin, but that is becoming a minority opinion.

Well said. I would agree that both sides are a trainwreck. 

The problem with politics is there are certain beliefs and ideals that are synonymous with each side and people feel like they have to choose a side and conform to all those. I'm definitely on the right as far as politics go, yet I steer clear from the white supremacy angle that seems to go hand in hand with it. I try to have my own personal opinion on every subject, sometimes those opinions will be more left leaning, sometimes more right leaning.

A lot of people don't get that. It brings me back to the trench warfare we're talking about here. People think they need to take one side or the other, like it's black and white and good and evil.

I will say that I find the left to be more egregious in that respect LATELY. You're automatically judged and labeled by them if you have a difference of opinion. It's what causes those on the other side to get defensive and they naturally take on more extreme views in retaliation.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

well i for one am sad that we no longer get to read JCS posts about how its immoral and child abuse to have kids today because James Cameron showed us the future... or something

I don't think any human being who ever lived was as perfect as JCS made James Cameron out to be.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Not Cineplex specifically. I think you mentioned Salmon Arm... that one was definitely an independent theatre. It's been bad everywhere though, people mad if you don't play it. People mad if you do play it. 

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Not Cineplex specifically. I think you mentioned Salmon Arm... that one was definitely an independent theatre. It's been bad everywhere though, people mad if you don't play it. People mad if you do play it. 

That's what you get when you have two bunches of militants who basically want to shut down any opposition to their views.

And it's even worse when you mix in religion with your politics. That is truly a match made in hell.

And in the mindless fanboys competition we have new contenders"The Disney fanboys.

I am not a Disney hater, and have criticized some of the dumbass conspiracy theories that have been pushed about The Mouse, but the mindless worship, the "whatever Disney does is good and if you don't love everything Dsiney brings out you are a no good lousy evil person" we have been getting in the TLK threads is taking it to the other extreme.

Dare suggest the TLK is in the end is mediocre remake of a classic film and the venom flung your way is incredible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ok guys I’m going to give you guys the serious side of IronJimbo today.

Due to the Avatar thread being for Avatar I've decided to post this here.

If I have to give you a word for how I’m feeling right now it is shocked. I feel betrayed by JCS would fool even his Cameron friends – not only that he has managed to discredit us by doing something so despicable as having an alt account. From this day onward I disavow JamesCameronScholar, although he was hilarious, knocked people down a few pegs and was the one of the smartest posters on this site – it’s apparent that intelligence came with some mental health issues. JCS if you’re reading this, as you would so aptly say, seek mental help and I mean that because you are my friend.

To make ammends for my mistakes I’ve decided it was my duty as a member of this community to do some investigative work myself. I’ve managed to categorise BOT accounts into likelihood of being a JCS Alt.

possible

top candidates

could be but irrelavent so not worth investigating

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d365afe7734684d6f

Damn it Jimbo, this post was so good it almost tempted me to cross you off my ignore list. Almost. 

But hey I gave u a like, so that should count for something huh!

I knew my name would be in there, but I did not know I was so loved amongst the Cameron stand that I deserved the top candidate spot. Thank you for that. 

But you are onto me, I admit I made the JCS sock puppet account. I couldn't ruin my squeaky clean reputation so I created the JCS account and made him into a pretentious narcissist so I could troll and put people down and come across as a grade A (fill in the rest with ur imagination, starts with a D). 

• Haha 5

Idk if this is the right thread for this but it really annoys me when people say Disney has a monopoly in the movie industry, If other studios were making movie people wanted to see it wouldn't be a problem. WB owns all of DC but is struggling to make a superhero movie hit a billion. Universal, Paramount, Sony. It's not Disney's fault they are struggling.... 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Ok guys I’m going to give you guys the serious side of IronJimbo today.

Due to the Avatar thread being for Avatar I've decided to post this here.

If I have to give you a word for how I’m feeling right now it is shocked. I feel betrayed by JCS would fool even his Cameron friends – not only that he has managed to discredit us by doing something so despicable as having an alt account. From this day onward I disavow JamesCameronScholar, although he was hilarious, knocked people down a few pegs and was the one of the smartest posters on this site – it’s apparent that intelligence came with some mental health issues. JCS if you’re reading this, as you would so aptly say, seek mental help and I mean that because you are my friend.

To make ammends for my mistakes I’ve decided it was my duty as a member of this community to do some investigative work myself. I’ve managed to categorise BOT accounts into likelihood of being a JCS Alt.

possible

top candidates

could be but irrelavent so not worth investigating

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d367d43354f523636

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ban1o said:

Idk if this is the right thread for this but it really annoys me when people say Disney has a monopoly in the movie industry, If other studios were making movie people wanted to see it wouldn't be a problem. WB owns all of DC but is struggling to make a superhero movie hit a billion. Universal, Paramount, Sony. It's not Disney's fault they are struggling.... 

It is if this shark swallows another shark therefore making the wiggle room in the tank tighter.

Heil Mickey.

• Disbelief 1

The thing with Disney fanboys is that I've never seen a studio cheered so much.  Marvel fans of course are intertwined with the Disney fanboys further increasing the nasty.

The most annoying thing about the  Disney fanboys is that they massively overrate  how big Disney really is.  I've heard Disney fanboys talking about how Disney should buy Microsoft and dominate that industry too.

Do these Disney fanboys even realize how big some of the other companies are? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

The thing with Disney fanboys is that I've never seen a studio cheered so much.  Marvel fans of course are intertwined with the Disney fanboys further increasing the nasty.

The most annoying thing about the  Disney fanboys is that they massively overrate  how big Disney really is.  I've heard Disney fanboys talking about how Disney should buy Microsoft and dominate that industry too.

Do these Disney fanboys even realize how big some of the other companies are? 

lol

I mean, they could probably buy Twitter though. That's around $30 billion.

Disney itself is worth around $250 billion, which is pretty fucking big.,

Edited by cannastop

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

lol

Jesus, didn't realize how many Trillion dollar companies there are now...

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

lol

Apple has 225b cash on hand, FWIW. (down from 245b cash on hand the prior quarter)

Just to put this into perspective.

(Apple buying Disney outright has long been a rumor in the fever swamps, but I doubt it'll happen any time soon)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1