Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Like the "lack of goodwill" that would have destroyed Suicide Squad's opening/legs? ;) 

It did destroy its legs. It opened higher than Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool but won't out gross either domestically or worldwide. One can only imagine how much better it would have done if it was a half decent movie. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Haley Ross said:

It did destroy its legs. It opened higher than Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool but won't out gross either domestically or worldwide. One can only imagine how much better it would have done if it was a half decent movie. 

Careful, people are going to bring up the lack of China!

On 9/9/2016 at 4:44 AM, Talkie said:

Can he act? 

On 9/9/2016 at 5:50 AM, Haley Ross said:

Not really. 

somehow i think if MCU had cast him you 2 would say something completely different.

43 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

So did CW yet its multiple is WAY WORSE than Deadpool and GotG. Again you act like everyone has your hating opinion. Thats just pathetic using your opinion as everyone else when not everyone has your opioion Its Multiple is better than CW now. Guess CW was way more badly recieved since you say SS was

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

somehow i think if MCU had cast him you 2 would say something completely different.

So did CW yet its multiple is WAY WORSE than Deadpool and GotG. Again you act like everyone has your hating opinion. Thats just pathetic using your opinion as everyone else when not everyone has your opioion Its Multiple is better than CW now. Guess CW was way more badly recieved since you say SS was

chill out, don't get so involved over films where super beings save the world based on a comic book lmao

• Like 1

On 6/9/2016 at 7:57 AM, Harpospoke said:

On 8/9/2016 at 7:24 PM, Kalo said:

Yes Tolkien originally intended for it to be one long book, and they wanted him to split it into three, so he did. probably why it is so well connected.

That's a fair comparasion, Deadpool, the most succesful R movie of all time, did about 770 millons at the box office. 

SS, the most hated superhero film of the year, around 730. But in August

Edited by Gustavo

30 minutes ago, mredman said:

Scott Adkins is in Doctor Strange, I'm not suddenly calling him a great actor. In fact, my first and only thought about the matter is that the movie must have required someone with a background in fight choreography and not acting ability or talent.

Civil War still grossed more than Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy domestically, internationally and worldwide and was a well received movie. Suicide Squad won't do the same. The reason for that is because it was a terribly received movie. It obviously hasn't stopped the movie from making a lot of money, but that's all it has done. I don't care about gross when that is all it has going for it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Scott Adkins is in Doctor Strange, I'm not suddenly calling him a great actor. In fact, my first and only thought about the matter is that the movie must have required someone with a background in fight choreography and not acting ability or talent.

Civil War still grossed more than Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy domestically, internationally and worldwide and was a well received movie. Suicide Squad won't do the same. The reason for that is because it was a terribly received movie. It obviously hasn't stopped the movie from making a lot of money, but that's all it has done. I don't care about gross when that is all it has going for it.

We're on a box office website though. :thinking:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Message to my bros !

Show us your Spotify playlists, could be an inspiration for Visionnary director David Ayer.

His use of music in Suicide Squad was one of the most inspired, clever & subtle use of songs in a movie since Apocalypse Now.

It was as inspired as Civil War. Such an original plot.

2 hours ago, Haley Ross said:

Let me say it again. I don't care about gross when that is all it has going for it. Yes I understand we're on Box Office website, but I still have my standards.

:thinking: But you should be able to talk about grosses for movies that are badly reviewed as well. if that's the case I'd hate to see you around when a new transformers movie is released.

13 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

:thinking: But you should be able to talk about grosses for movies that are badly reviewed as well. if that's the case I'd hate to see you around when a new transformers movie is released.

I do talk about grosses for movies that are badly reviewed, just negatively.

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I'd love to read an explanation to why a movie "terribly received" continues to do well at the box office and defeat expectations with people paying to watch it again, and other people being convinced to check it out. Something doesn't make sense here.

A combo of 133M opening and close to 2.4 multiplier at end of run for a superhero flick is obviously a result of horrendous lack of goodwill and miserable WOM yo' 

• Like 2

Rogue One definitely wins this one.

Rogue One will reach $350 million at a minimum but I don't see it going higher than $500 million

Fantastic Beasts will reach $200 million at a minimum but I don't see it going higher than $300 million. 

On December 20, 2015 at 1:02 AM, lilmac said:

Looks like TFA is engendering good will among casual fans and audiences (like what was done with Jurassic World). 

Star Wars now equals mainstream quality entertainment. More and more people are bought into the world (I'm talking about folks outside of its huge fanbase).

Rogue One will feed off of TFA's success so I think $200m is the floor. Too early to say if $300m is a lock...it still has to be good in its own right for that to happen.

Rogue One - $290m dom

Fantastic Beasts - $260m dom

Ummm what?

• Like 3