Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

46 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

Tune in to CNBC Closing Bell if you have cable tv, they've been talking about this story for an hour now.

What they're saying is that Disney/Fox deal is "not dead" just inactive but will likely be revisited again and that both companies have mutual benefits to gain from it. They also said that the reason for the Disney/Fox talks is to counter the ever growing streaming services like Netflix.

I wonder if the hold is because of the Legal issue involved, It would have to be done in a way that would not trigger the Anti Trust Laws.

David Faber (CNBC Reporter who broke the news) on CNBC Fast Money:

"We'll see where this goes from here, but once either side looks at the positive stock market reaction, they certainly may be emboldened to re-engage they're talks again soon".

2 hours ago, Deja23 said:

I don’t think Deadpool should be in the MCU. I loved Deadpool and X-men was my intro to superhero movies, but I’m totally fine with these franchises staying separate. I guess except for the one currently without a movie franchise at the moment (F4), which I don’t have any attachment to so not bothered if people think it’s best being incorporated into the MCU. 

I'd just like Hugh Jackman to show up in the MCU. That's all I want.

And maybe X-23.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I wonder if the hold is because of the Legal issue involved, It would have to be done in a way that would not trigger the Anti Trust Laws.

If a deal happens (and I am very skeptical), the Murdochs aren't selling Disney all of 21st Century Fox. The Murdochs would keep Fox network, Fox Sports and Fox News. Disney would only be buying Fox's movie studio, a few cable channels (FX and National Geographic), and TV production. The reporter who wrote the article believes that would get passed any anti-trust issues. 

I have a decent understanding of anti-trust laws, despite not handling any cases for clients involving anti-trust laws. My feeling is that it would pass any anti-Trust scrutiny.  There are other major studios, so Disney would not have a monopoly. Disney would not be buying Fox's TV network or owned and operated stations, which has held up mergers in the past. I don't see any legal obstacles in the reported deal. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

If a deal happens (and I am very skeptical), the Murdochs aren't selling Disney all of 21st Century Fox. The Murdochs would keep Fox network, Fox Sports and Fox News. Disney would only be buying Fox's movie studio, a few cable channels (FX and National Geographic), and TV production. The reporter who wrote the article believes that would get passed any anti-trust issues. 

I have a decent understanding of anti-trust laws, despite not handling any cases for clients involving anti-trust laws. My feeling is that it would pass any anti-Trust scrutiny.  There are other major studios, so Disney would not have a monopoly. Disney would not be buying Fox's TV network or owned and operated stations, which has held up mergers in the past. I don't see any legal obstacles in the reported deal. 

I suspected that Fox News would be excluded.

23 minutes ago, Jordanstine said:

David Faber (CNBC Reporter who broke the news) on CNBC Fast Money:

"We'll see where this goes from here, but once either side looks at the positive stock market reaction, they certainly may be emboldened to re-engage they're talks again soon".

That's really the only reason I could see a deal happening. The stock market reaction is so positive that the Murdochs could sell at a high, if they truly desire to sell.  I am very skeptical that this deal will actually occur. 

Got threadbanned from JL thread so I’ll just dump this here

Aficionados likely will be able to pick out the clever, dialogue-heavy scenes shot by Mr. Whedon and the more stylish action scenes shot by Mr. Snyder, but the creative team has endeavored to meld the two. “A lot of the work was integrating the two tones and making it feel like one movie,” said a person close to the post-production process.

Early cuts didn’t achieve that goal, but a test screening of the final version recently earned audience scores close to those of “Wonder Woman,” said people who have seen the data. Pre-release surveys indicate it should open to more than $100 million.

1 hour ago, ZattMurdock said:

Disney needs it, Fox can maximize its profits with Disney.

What does that mean, Fox sell assets to disney, it make money on the time of the sales, but the revenues/profit will go down big times after that no ?

It is not an alliance/merger, it is Disney buying section of Century Fox.

2 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

There's only one reason I would like this to happen, and that reason is a feared but misunderstood purple giant named Galactus.

The x-men wouldn't work well with the rest of marvel.

No they wouldn't, its a completly different universe.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

The only superhero movie I'm excited for is Gambit.

Black Panther is the one I’m most excited 

Edited by YourMother

1 hour ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

If Disney were to buy Blue Sky Studios, would a live action remake of the first Ice Age film be possible? That would be quite nostalgic, and better than a sixth animated film, to raise interest back in the series.

I have a bone to pick with those films. I was a kid when the first Ice Age happened. That franchise pretty much killed any nostalgia factor it had with each new sequel. It was like a new Ice Age movie running alongside my life into adulthood and the shit always looked horrible. They milked that cow dry.

It has a Power Rangers problem: you might get nostalgic for it, but the fact is that 90% of the time it was garbage, and you’ve probably seen enough footage of whatever instalment is being promoted as an adult to confirm to you it’s garbage.

22 hours ago, jf8350143 said:

So Fox wasted Deadpool? 10 years ago you mean? Crowd don't know shit about Silver Surfer,Kitty Pryde as well.

Let me clear it again, Fox didn't do all X-men characters justice, and MCU didn't do all of their character justice as well, I don't see how giving X-men back to Disney will improve any of that, especially consider half of the X-men characters are female. When it comes to female characters, MCU is the worst among the comic franchises.

Mandarian and Sif is just two examples, if you think they are all the characters MCU has wasted, then you are in a blind fanboy situtaion, not me.

Yes Fox wasted Deadpool.   One of the biggest epic fails in CBM history.   Us Supes fans complain about what WB did to Supes...but that's nothing compared to what Fox did to DP.

Poor RR had to fight Fox for years to get DP made properly.  They finally threw a small budget at them and let them do what they wanted after the test footage was released and the public reaction slapped Fox in the head with a dose of reality.   DP was good because Fox didn't care.   The worst thing that could happen to DP was being a huge hit and getting Fox interested.   Giving them "credit" for DP is an insult to Ryan Reynolds.   The Fox version of Deadpool turned out like this:

6fe8990f032b3f5eab2d82aa7e16936b7d02d90b

That's how bad they screwed him up.   Marvel "screwing up" a character is minor compared to that abomination.   There is a reason why you had to reach for small time characters like Mandarin and Sif.   Marvel has a great track record bringing their characters to the screen.   ...Including characters that no one thought would work onscreen.  (lest we forget what people thought before Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Ant-Man, Dr Strange, and GotG were made) Fox does things like totally slaughtering characters in embarrassing fashion.    And not minor ones either....they actually screw up legendary characters like Dr Doom, Galactus, Phoenix, Silver Surfer, Apocalypse, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, and Deadpool.    It's truly been one of the biggest epic fails in CBM history.   No other studio can compare to the Fox ineptitude.   It's not close.   They've all had their down moments of course....Fox has created its own category of fail.

The Xmen are filled to the brim with great female characters too....all of which Fox has wasted.   Suggesting they are better at female characters has got to be fueled by fanboyism.

You don't see how it would improve if Marvel got the Xmen back...I don't see how it WOULDN'T.  A studio could drop the ball pretty hard and still improve on what Fox has done.   Marvel created those characters so the whole idea is silly to begin with.   There would be no "Wolverine and Friends" at Marvel.   Finally Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Collossus, Phoenix, and Kitty Pryde would be real characters instead of background noise for the Wolverine chronicles.      See Spider-Man Homecoming for an example of what happens when a Marvel character is created by a studio who understands the character....namely Marvel.

5 hours ago, Mulder said:

The MCU getting the F4 and X-Men is honestly only a fraction of what would happen. Another big deal would be Disney owning A New Hope and being able to release a new SW boxset.

Oh now that is huge.   Should be a headline.

2 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

And for those saying that Logan, Deadpool and rated R superhero films wouldn't happen... I bet that Marvel Studios would DOUBLE DOWN on them when it's required, namely Deadpool, X-Force and Wolverine films. Hell, Terminator films too. It's happening. And it's going to be epic. 

Agreed. This idea that Marvel...the company who created the characters...wouldn't know what to do with them is the most illogical claim possible.

Fox-MCU-+-Marvel-Studios-MCU.jpg

• Thanks 1