Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I know one thing:" No way that Marvel Studios could screw up the Fantastic Four as badly as Fox did. Fox seems to be totally clueless when it the comes to the Fantastic Four.

But I disagree that Fox has totally screwed up the X Men. For the Main X Men it 4 good,two disspapointing. Agree they messed up the first tow Woverine solo films.

But Fox did waste my favorite female X Man with Kitty Pryde.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, AJG said:

I have a bone to pick with those films. I was a kid when the first Ice Age happened. That franchise pretty much killed any nostalgia factor it had with each new sequel. It was like a new Ice Age movie running alongside my life into adulthood and the shit always looked horrible. They milked that cow dry.

It has a Power Rangers problem: you might get nostalgic for it, but the fact is that 90% of the time it was garbage, and you’ve probably seen enough footage of whatever instalment is being promoted as an adult to confirm to you it’s garbage.

I could never get why the Ice Age films were so popular:The first one was entertaining,but not really memorable, but the sequels all pretty much sucked. Never get why they made so much money.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

I could never get why the Ice Age films were so popular:The first one was entertaining,but not really memorable, but the sequels all pretty much sucked. Never get why they made so much money.

Soemone told me it was because internationally they were very easy to translate and sell due to most of its humour being physical sight gags.

37 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I know one thing:" No way that Marvel Studios could screw up the Fantastic Four as badly as Fox did. Fox seems to be totally clueless when it the comes to the Fantastic Four.

But I disagree that Fox has totally screwed up the X Men. For the Main X Men it 4 good,two disspapointing. Agree they messed up the first tow Woverine solo films.

But Fox did waste my favorite female X Man with Kitty Pryde.

They've made a couple of decent movies.    ...Which never resonated with the public the same as the efforts of other studios.   Fox is the only one to fail to get a CBM over 250m domestic.   Not surprising to me that Deadpool...the one they didn't bother with as much...was the one exception.   

The list of characters they have mishandled and/or completely failed with is a mile long.   Just start counting them...you'll need to remove your shoes and get a friend with all their fingers and toes as well.   Add in that they also dropped the ball on two of the best Xmen stories....Dark Phoenix and Apocalypse.    They were handed some of the greatest characters and stories in CB history and completely blew it.   I can't think of a bigger waste of material.   

I mean....Sony had some serious issues with Spidey...yet they still did way better than Fox.

Alright fam, I'll just let this post here, bookmark it and come back to him eventually, here we go. 

People are so worried about Disney buying Fox and getting "the rights for Fantastic Four and X-Men" and honestly, I don't think people have wrapped their heads at what is actually going on. Do you guys remember the talks about how the X-Men and Fantastic Four deal to show up in comics gaming and merch was getting "solved" from last year from several places and even leaks on Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite threads and stuff like that? Do you people remember how Gunn created excuses for the Watcher showing up in Vol. 2 and we getting crazy confirmations about Skrulls in Captain Marvel?

This is a very minor part of Marvel/Fox deal, but it's clear that they have been working this for a good fucking while. I'm actually legit sure that whatever happens with this deal, Disney buying 21st Century Fox or not, Fantastic Four is already part of the MCU and bound to be announced until Phase Four. People are looking to the trees and missing the forest here. Disney isn't doing this for A New Hope blu-ray rights or the X-Men and Fantastic Four. These are small fishes to fry and easily attainable through deals.

What they want is get in equal foot with Netflix in the streaming game, and for that they need Fox catalogue of old titles that go far beyond superhero films, it goes from Simpsons to Titanic, Avatar, Terminator and everything in between. That's what the deal that was revealed today is about. What about the Fantastic Four and the X-Men then?

Well... F4 in the MCU is literally a badly kept secret at this point. Disney and Fox are working together, and they've been working together for a good while, and that probably was facilitated when Feige became independent of Perlmutter. Marvel and Fox are indeed working together, and what basically made the deal "fall through" at this point was a price since Disney wasn't going for the whole company. But make no mistake: Watchers, Marvel getting in bed with Fox for X-Men's tv shows, Marvel getting access easily to the Watchers, announcing the skrulls for Captain Marvel and even the Russo Brothers teasing big surprises for the next Avengers films... it's this. They are pulling the same Spider-Man stunt that they played us last time. 

I wouldn't even doubt that they have a programmed plan to bring the X-Men into the MCU too, eventually. The whole idea that Marvel and Fox are incapable of working together was smoke and mirrors. That cover up doesn't exist anymore. So people worried about Marvel Studios getting a hold of the Fantastic Four and even the X-Men eventually, this is Kevin Feige and Disney right now:  

Laugh it off, but we all will watch this unfold. People that are thinking "what about F4 and X-Men? I wouldn't like Marvel Studios to have control of them" are completely missing the point, they are already working together and that's proved by Marvel tv and how Gunn keeps making excuses for characters from Fox showing up in Marvel Studios films. They aren't announcing anything simply because now it's not the right time. Just watch. Gunn lied to us. Feige lied to us. And how could and why would they tell us the truth, anyway? The only one that told us the truth was the legend, Stan Lee:

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/13/stan-lee-marvel-getting-x-men-fantastic-four-back/

Screw Disney.

Also I was hoping the X-men film rights would never return back to Marvel. They are better without their heavy hitters. I doubt they would have pushed the Avengers characters and developed them so well if they access to Spider-man and Wolverine from the very start.

Wolverine would have been in every fucking MCU movie mugging the camera.

Edited by Mojoguy

I don’t care about X-Men film rights, if Disney bought Fox (thankfully it didn’t) it’d be a monopoly in the film industry. Not the monopoly that Disney has now in film with it’s brand but enough to control everything aka an actual monopoly and I’m against that.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

Key dates to watch out for:

11/08/2017 - FOX Q1 earnings report and webcast. Questions WILL be asked to Murdoch.
https://www.21cf.com/investor-relations

11/09/2017 - DIS Q4 and FY 2017 earnings report and webcast. Questions WILL be asked to Iger.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disneys-fiscal-full-year-q4-2017-earnings-results-webcast/

• Like 1

MCU will most likely ignore the discrimination and persecution part of the Xmen and turn them into a shallow Avengers mark 2 team. No thanks. I will take my chances with FOX. So glad talks are no longer ongoing. Talk about selling your soul to the devil :kitschjob:.  Now watch as Apple and FOX team up.:)

I..... really don't know how to feel about this (if it's true).

On one hand, the Fantastic Four finally coming to the MCU is a much needed change for that franchise. That property just clicks with the MCU's tone and lightheartedness, and Fox has no idea what to do with it. Also, it is very helpful that we are bringing in Doom, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Kang, etc.. Especially Galactus, cause after Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, how can the stakes get any higher? Well, unleash an unstoppable and colossal force of nature that literally feeds on planets to survive, that's how. And don't make it a stupid cloud, please.

On the other hand, Disney doesn't need the X-Men. They are out there trying risks and separating themselves from both Disney Marvel and DC (which are both getting in the huge cinematic blockbuster landscape, while X-Men are starting to fall back into the more calculated budget R-rated features range). And no chance in hell that Disney lets Deadpool as he is now loose. NO CHANCE. Unless Deadpool 2 makes a billion WW, and I don't see that happening (like, I really don't). Although I do think that a Deadpool movie where he makes fun of being PG/PG-13 because of Disney buying Fox does have potential, but how far can you stretch the joke out?

Also, are you just gonna recast the entirety of the X-Men, including Wolverine and Deadpool? Really? The only way I can honestly see an X-Men crossover pay-off, as of right now, is a future Secret Wars storyline. But at this moment, it feels unnecessary.

Again, people thinking this is about the F4 and X-Men are missing the forest for the trees. This is about big studios and content makers survival, just like WB is adapting. Both Studios are rightfully ahead of the curve with Universal. Things have changed and if they don't adapt, eventually either Netflix, Apple or Amazon will buy them out, and I'd rather see Disney, Fox and WB stepping up than simply getting assimilated by Apple/Netflix/Amazon.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

Key dates to watch out for:

11/08/2017 - FOX Q1 earnings report and webcast. Questions WILL be asked to Murdoch.
https://www.21cf.com/investor-relations

11/09/2017 - DIS Q4 and FY 2017 earnings report and webcast. Questions WILL be asked to Iger.
https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disneys-fiscal-full-year-q4-2017-earnings-results-webcast/

What about Saudi Arabia?

• Haha 1