Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Because women have been objectified throughout all of history?
Why are you so fucking pissed a female critic is drooling over shirtless Thor?

I'd be happy if both could drool over each other without people complaining.

You have to choose, either its allowed for both or its not.

Anything else is hypocritical.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I'd be happy if both could drool over each other without people complaining.

You have to choose, either its allowed for both or its not.

Anything else is hypocritical.

People want equality but yet sometimes they only see the left side of the equation ....

We live in a society where sex is liberated and we should be open minded towards it.

Anyone complaining about stuff like shirtless Thor or model standards or people wearing shirts with anime girls is living in a bubble world.

I guess the user who posted the review was more aggravated towards the hypocrisy of the notion that "it's ok when we do it", which I kind of agree with, because whenever controversies around this arise, it's always people polarizing the situation instead of resolving it, media going on a frenzy for the clicks, and seriously fuck people who do this.

• Like 1

Maybe this isnt the thread to get into the V and such.  It's an interesting topic, but this thread was created for all of you to mudsling each other concerning Marvel/DC and so on.  Let's keep it at that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

Maybe this isnt the thread to get into the V and such.  It's an interesting topic, but this thread was created for all of you to mudsling each other concerning Marvel/DC and so on.  Let's keep it at that.

Yep we should not derail the thread created to diminish fan wars derails in other thread's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

We seem to have concluded that simply having a hot bod is unapologetically enough to rate a high review score, the Thor3 RT rating makes sense now.

Is that enough mudslinging?:sparta:

Edited by AndyK
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

So the Fox/Disney sales talk  is so Rupert can keep control of his company during a stockholder's rebellion? interesting.

One thing is sure: this story will not be covered on Fox News....

It's one aspect of why Fox might sell the production assets to Disney.  Fox could get more cash then the current book value although that would have tax implications they'd have to work through.  If I recall correctly these assets were purchased by the then News Corp in the mid 80's.  They could then do a cash buy back of their voting shares.  If the Murdoch's don't participate in the buyback then their percentage share would increase.  At the moment they control around 40% of the voting shares and around 15% overall.

Within Fox the production assets may have a lower return then their other assets.  However, they may be worth more to Disney as they would add bulk to Disney's upcoming streaming service and allow them to better compete with Netflix plus Netflix would lose all the Fox shows.  Fox shares went up because Disney's interest in the production assets revealed to the market that they had more value then realised.

I also apologise for making a serious and considered post in this thread.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AndyK said:

We seem to have concluded that simply having a hot bod is unapologetically enough to rate a high review score, the Thor3 RT rating makes sense now.

Is that enough mudslinging?:sparta:

Magic Mike and Magic Mike XXL should have been the best rated movies ever then. Is Channing Tatum's bod not as good as Hemsworths?

I genuinely think incorporating the X-Men into MCU is an awful idea. At that point there'd simply be far too many characters to juggle and way too much going on. Seems like it would just get too clusterfuck-ish. But seeing the Fantastic Four in MCU would be great. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

Film critics associations are starting to hit back at Disneys ban on LA times access to screenings and talent by banning Disney from being able to get awards.

http://www.metronews.ca/business/2017/11/07/film-critics-bar-disney-from-awards-over-l-a-times-dispute.html

What a bunch of Disney haters. Thor: Ragnarok will still be the king of November, no matter what kind of plans they are scheming.