Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

How can DC fans be compared to Star Wars fans, when all of their misbehavior were in defense of the cast and crew of DC movies who were being bullied by the film bloggers on social media... you know, the exact same thing Star Wars fans are doing? How can these same film bloggers be acting like they are outraged by the behavior of SW fans? LOL! The hypocrisy of it all.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, manny1234 said:

I think Disney will win and comcast gets lost and you hate Marvel.

Disney want Sky TV, they don't give two hoots about X men.

I don't want Disney controlling my TV.

Edited by AndyK
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Wise souls of the internets would tell you fandoms & fanboys are the worst & cancer & yaddi yaddah while telling you 2 seconds later that 

Miles Teller has a punchable face

Oh, Irony I call your name to testify.

-_-

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

How can DC fans be compared to Star Wars fans, when all of their misbehavior were in defense of the cast and crew of DC movies who were being bullied by the film bloggers on social media... you know, the exact same thing Star Wars fans are doing?

They tend to be a bit more than that.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/17/critic-faces-death-threats-over-bad-dark-knight-rises-review/

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/18/nation/la-na-nn-rotten-tomatoes-shuts-down-batman-comments-after-death-threats-20120718

http://screencrush.com/dc-fans-petition-rotten-tomatoes/

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 9:12 AM, StevenG said:

To be fair, people have mocked BP plenty for its awful CGI too. I don't know WTF happened, but Wonder Woman, Black Panther, and Justice League have some of the worst CGI work I have ever seen on a major Hollywood blockbuster. Hopefully, the sequels to WW and BP will correct that.

With Justice League, it's clear what happened. They messed up the entire movie in reshoots. Even the original Snyder scenes that were kept had some new shots here and there to ruin it. People may not notice the differences, but they unconsciously know something's off. I still don't understand how anyone saw that final cut and thought it was a good idea to release it in theaters. Probably was too late to do anything else, I guess.

With over a 1 year gap between JL and the next DCEU movie, they should have moved JL to this year. But I suppose WB never thought the people who took the movie away from Zack Snyder would deliver something that disgustingly awful. When they realized was too late to announce a delay.

3 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

Don't listen to Collider. They are well known  Disney/Star Wars shills and are looking to deflect.  The Star Wars fanbase is without question the worst right now. 

Nah. Star Wars is mostly overgrown children throwing a tantrum. DC is a another breed of existence 

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

How can these same film bloggers be acting like they are outraged by the behavior of SW fans? LOL! The hypocrisy of it all. 

Also these nerd bloggers (and even some critics) like to judge toxic fandoms, as if they stood apart from this phenomenon and were not a large part of it. And no, (mainstream) bloggers and critics won't rant about women ruining movies or send death threats, but they are just as likely to follow the mob against movies or franchises they don't like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

How can DC fans be compared to Star Wars fans, when all of their misbehavior were in defense of the cast and crew of DC movies who were being bullied by the film bloggers on social media... you know, the exact same thing Star Wars fans are doing? How can these same film bloggers be acting like they are outraged by the behavior of SW fans? LOL! The hypocrisy of it all.

You must have missed all those hateful tweets towards Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon.

On July 3, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Pure Spirit said:

Is Rian Johnson the most embarrassing franchise tentpole director of all time? Snyder took a ton of heat for his movies, especially BvS, but he was never a passive-aggressive sniveling baby like Rian has become.

Film Crit Hulk

eZSBb3C.gif

The truth is, this is not an uncommon attitude to see from some fans. They approach stories in terms of what would be most “logical” for one character to do in a story, and sometimes it isn’t even about what that character would do. They’ll approach it as “what would I, as an individual in that specific situation, do differently?” Which not only misunderstands the whole need for characters with different points of view within storytelling, but that getting into these nonsense-logic debates belies the deeper intent and functionality of storytelling itself.

What happens to the Knights of Ren? I have no idea and I don’t care. There were just a few shots of them in The Force Awakens, and I’m pretty sure they were barely referenced in the actual text. I get being vaguely curious, but there is literally no presented dramatized reason to care beyond their mere extended universe existence within the lore. It is not a dramatic question. Besides, when the time came to tell the actual story between Luke and Kylo, The Last Jedi addressed it in spades. But what about Lord Snoke? Who is he? How did he rise to power? Well, does it matter? Don’t forget the original trilogy never really bothered answering those questions with the Emperor and it didn’t matter. (And didn’t the prequels tell us we didn’t really want that kind of answer, anyway?) Why didn’t Admiral Ackbar get a proper send off?Look, I like his character too, but he just had a couple good beats in Return of the Jedi and was more popular as a meme. To answer that is to largely give into a meta pressure (a la Barb) instead of story pressure. Because these are not pressing dramatic issues.

So why do we feel like we want answers to these kinds of “out of text” questions? Often, it has nothing to do with the point of the story being told, nor has anything to do with creating better drama, it’s just something they think might be cool. This, of course, gets into the larger idea of how we think about “fan fiction” along with how we project ourselves into the most juvenile elements of storytelling. It’s always about the motive under the fan fiction. And it’s all part of the problem of thinking along the “what I would have done!” mantra instead of actually engaging with the validity of what is being put in front of us. We have to accept the movie in front of us, and ask whether it is succeeding in its aims.

Edited by Goffe

It's a horrible apologist essay, not a good read. Face it, Rian failed in virtually every way a director of a franchise with a fanatic fanbase can fail. He not only refused fan service, he actively performed anti-fan service, for example riling up the fans with photos like this, then in the movie going "nobody! hahaha! gotcha suckas!" You don't get to have it both ways, a $2B/movie franchise due to fanatic and loyal fans, but also the luxury of pissing on their face.

johnson-snokejpeg.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A superhero films skeptic or closeted hater is very easy to recognize, he typically cannot stop yapping about how 

The Dark Knight ( & the other 2)

Logan

are  the Best "Superhero" movies EVAH and how these movies  are REAL films and maybe can be called ART.

They also use the words " transcend the genre" to explain to dummies & simpletons how good these movies are.

Don't thank me, now you know how to spot them in the crowd.

They cannot hide anymore.

Edited by The Futurist

20 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

A superhero films skeptic or closeted hater is very easy to recognize, he typically cannot stop yapping about how The Dark Knight ( & the other 2) Logan are the Best "Superhero" movies EVAH and how these movies  are REAL films and maybe can be called ART. They also use the words " transcend the genre" to explain to dummies & simpletons are good these movies are.

Don't thank me, now you know how to spot them in the crowd.

They cannot hide anymore.

Even easier to identify them if they carry these papers:

2014-oscar-ballot-printable.jpg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

You had FOX and the Murdochs controlling your TV and you're upset about Disney? :rofl:

I don't want Fox or Disney controlling my TV, at the moment they are a minority shareholder and wouldn't be allowed to take over, this deal will take it to 100%.

Does that make it clearer ?

Edited by AndyK

11 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

You must have missed all those hateful tweets towards Geoff Johns and Joss Whedon.

Who drove Whedon off social media after Age Of Ultron?. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2012/04/female-reviewer-gets-attacked-for-avengers-review-211475/

Lets not get hypocritical here. All of fandom have toxic individuals in there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hades said:

Who drove Whedon off social media after Age Of Ultron?. 

https://www.indiewire.com/2012/04/female-reviewer-gets-attacked-for-avengers-review-211475/

Lets not get hypocritical here. All of fandom have toxic individuals in there.

damn superhero movie and star wars fans are the worst!

• Haha 1