Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Liberal "Progressives" now eating their own. 

I guess it's like not being black enough(which they mentioned in one episode of Black Lightning actually).

They're sure to go berserk when Idris Elba plays a white man, right guys!

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

They're sure to go berserk when Idris Elba plays a white man, right guys!

I think liberal progressive will be fine with Elba playing Bond if it happen.

Maybe not if the movie is set in the 50s, 60s, but if set in 2020 not sure what could be the issue. People went nuts when Craigs was cast because he was blond, but I think now people are less strict in their vision, Craig having breaking the mold.

39 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There are articles about it on the BBC, The Guardian, NYT, THR, Vanity Fair, Variety, etc etc.

In other words, loads of coverage. 

Holy shit. Has Twitter reached peak toxicity? Glad I never signed up. Any brilliant thinkpieces on how it's time for LGBT audiences to move on from Batwoman? That's more what I meant, not just the matter of fact coverage that couldn't be ignored (given she made a big tweet about it... unlike Kelly Tran who just ghosted).

Edited by Pure Spirit

11 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

I’m honestly fine with Idris Elba as James Bond but the hypocrisy is to be expected.

Same, the bond series makes no sense anyway. The hypocrisy is shameful though.

I am sorry to announce but after Wonder Woman I still don't know 

if Gal Gadot can act.

I loved her in the movie tho but the acting thing, not sure it is for her.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

I like Elba but seriously by the time he makes his first Bond film he'll be at least 50 years old.  He'd have to make a Bond film every 2 years to get 5 films in before he turns 60(which is not happening) unless they only plan on keeping him for a few films.  Craig started Bond when he was 38, he's 50 now and is looking a bit tired(I hope his final film is a smash hit).  Its weird to me how his age is almost never brought up in the media when it comes to him playing Bond.  

6 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Its weird to me how his age is almost never brought up in the media when it comes to him playing Bond.

I think part is because so many action stars are older than him (they almost all are) and many media specially not specialized in this does not necessarily have a 3/4 movie plan in mind.

Smith is 49, Statham is 52 and look like will be doing action franchise stuff for at least 10 year's, Dwayne Johnson is only 2 year's younger than Elba, Cruise is 56 and look like has easily an other 5 year's in him, Liam Neeson became an franchise movie action movie star at 57 with Taken and still going at 66, there is Denzel doing it at 63.

Without even going into the Expendable gang territory. Movie going audience is getting older and older, specially for a Bond franchise and male lead are getting older and older. Younger one if the character is supposed to have gravitas, leadership and authority tend to be rejected by the audience (see Solo , Valerian and I imagine a bath of others)

He would not be specially old for an lead male action movie even after 3 movie if he start at 50-51.

I think one big issue is that chance are good that he would be extremely similar to Craig for a Bond, could be better to go for someone that is different like Craig was so different of Brosnan.