Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 3/4/2019 at 8:35 AM, Wonder89 said:

Doom Patrol is very great

Yea. Titans is probably the worst out of the 3 but still pretty good

They're proof WB's incompetence is holding DC back on the film front

Edited by DlAMONDZ

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

DC just had a billion dollar hit. Also people already know that Marvel is more popular on the big screen. Captain Marvel's opening will prove nothing new. Some of you are just bizarrely butt hurt that Captain Marvel's reviews are good but not great. As if that makes the reviews bad or something. Your expectations were just over the top. Like I said hardcore MCU fanbots are just as obnoxious as hardcore DCU fanbots.

Anyway, Batman v Superman would have opened with 190mil at least if WB hadn't hired a frat boy who read one philosophy book to helm it. 

Most studios would be perfectly happy with the critical reception that Captain Marvel is getting. MCU fanboys are greedy.

The reviews are good enough to guarantee that Captain Marvel will be  huge hit.

I 100% agree that giving the DCU over to Zack Snyder was the basic mistake from which most of the problems the DCU has have come from.

I think they brought him on board in reaction to disaster that was "Green Lantern", but it was the wrong choice and did even more damage to the DCU.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why would anyone need an excuse to bash disney/marvel?

Hehe well, i guess i should have been a bit more specific by narrowing this down to CM/Larson. Using something along the line of "see, i like Alita so i cannot be sexist" as an excuse is not great. Since the whole discussion is so extremely charged it is really difficult to get anything constructive out of it.

Bashing Disney/Marvel as a big bad Corporation is ok though :)

Edited by chuck0

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

And now the Captain Marvel thread is closed again because bothsides turned that thread into a franchise war thread. Embarrassing.

The mods should have just moved the offending posts to this thread, which was  supposed to be a sort of toxic waste dump for fanboy feud nonsense.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chuck0 said:

Hehe well, i guess i should have been a bit more specific by narrowing this down to CM/Larson. Using something along the line of "see, i like Alita so i cannot be sexist" as an excuse is not great. Since the whole discussion is so extremely charged it is really difficult to get anything constructive out of it.

Bashing Disney/Marvel as a big bad Corporation is ok :)

And James Cameron becomes part of the Disney family in just a few months. I thin the Cameron fanboys have a hard time accepting that.

IMHO Fox is..or was...just as bad a Disney.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think they brought him on board in reaction to disaster that was "Green Lantern", but it was the wrong choice and did even more damage to the DCU. 

Great point, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are disasters compared to the glory days of Green Lantern.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And James Cameron becomes part of the Disney family in just a few months. I thin the Cameron fanboys have a hard time accepting that.

IMHO Fox is..or was...just as bad a Disney.

No question, other big studios/cooperations are bad too :)

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I am so confused. Who owns the Avatar characters, stories, and overall universe? Cameron, Disney, Fox? Lightstorm? What does the Disney/Fox merger mean in regard to the profit from Avatar films?

James Cameron owns the rights to the Avatar Universe, but he signed a legally binding contract with Fox for the finiancing and release of the Avatar films. When Fox studios goes to Disney, Disney automatically gets all legally valid contracts that Fos owns.

Disney will release all future Avatar films until such time as the Contract expieres. Then Cameron can take the Franchise to whoever he wants to.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

GL killed an adapted brand between the big & small screen + the reboot is still tbd. 

At least there was a GL for a couple seconds since 2011. 

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

All of these big corporations are evil. People who think that Disney, WB or any of these corporations are their friends are ridiculous.

I don't think Disney is any more evil then other corporations, they are just more successful;they do it better (as far as making money goes).

And they are not as all powerful as people think. The Disney conspiracy theories are pure crap.

• Like 1

Disney knows what the audiences want to see. Disney turns nobodies like Captain Marvel into the biggest successes while WB takes characters like Batman and Superman and make them into nobodies no one wants to see. 

WB has no clue what people want, that is why they hired Snyder to tank DC movies while Marvel only hires competetent people. 

• Knock It Off 1

12 minutes ago, chuck0 said:

Bashing Disney/Marvel as a big bad Corporation is ok though :)

I mean I don't like their transparent marketing for CM as a triumph for women.

It's taken the MCU what 22 films for a female lead? It's embarassing how they're patting themselves on the back.

Also pretty sure they were hiring for an ass double for her... real great job there.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Great point, Wonder Woman and Aquaman are disasters compared to the glory days of Green Lantern.

It's all about the execution. GL was trying to be what WW and Aquaman were, but failed miserably.