Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

15 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Didn't you Cameron aficionados say that Alita would break all kinds of records?

Anyway, Avatar 2 has nowhere to go but down as far as box office. The first one was just too successful. 

You're smart!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

True Lies (1994) 

Good film!

40/100 Time - Stephanie Zacharek - Mar 5, 2019

By the time I got to the end of Captain Marvel...I heard the voice of my own inner superhero, Peggy Lee, whispering in my ear: Is that all there is? The most heinous supervillain of all is Boredom. Read full review

38/100 New York Post - Johnny Oleksinski - Mar 5, 2019

What’s said to be Marvel’s most powerful superhero ever is served Melatonin by Larson. There is precious little texture or detail, ups and downs, or emotions of any kind in her performance. The character, even when kicking ass, is a total bore. Such as it is, the film’s best moments are provided by Jackson and a hilarious cat. Read

Looking forward to seeing the real Captain Marvel (BILLY "BILLIE MAKER" BATSON) in April.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I never had any questions. I was simply answering the other poster’s question.

I didn't understood your answer in the way I described, might be a language thingy

If you take your mouse, mark a sentence, a word,.. in a text per left click-movement and wait a little bit a small box appears, with a text in it: quote selection. If you click on that, the selected part will be a short quote, including user name, date, link to.

Much more user friendly than a full quote, or? 😉

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

@terrestrial I didn't know that. I only know that MC is the be all and end all of awards predictions. "but but _____ can't be nominated/miss a nom cause MC". 

That is bcs they are often similar to the RT critics' rating / top critics rating. But how they get to their 'MC-number' gets not disclosed in a way like e.g. see RT, where there is a system everyone can check. Theoretically they can give their personal view instead of a sum of 'their' critics, you can not check.

Edited by terrestrial

52 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

But it is usually ~ gamer POV friendly.

No? Metacritic is just a weighted average of critics, including almost all major US entertainment and new media.

22 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Theoretically they can give their personal view instead of a sum of 'their' critics, you can not check. 

You can.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel/critic-reviews

Edited by MrGlass2

I’m going to make a post in the CM Spoiler thread. I’m not trying to start anything but there’s a brief moment in CM that’s just perfect. 

Only a a link to the post below. 

Spoiler

• Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

No? Metacritic is just a weighted average of critics, including almost all major US entertainment and new media.

You can.

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/captain-marvel/critic-reviews

@TalismanRing can you please explain it?

After the old plan for today I'd sit since 2 hours in m car, new situation means no nerve for formulating in a foreign language, see earlier, why MC is not fully transparent...

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

I’m going to make a post in the CM Spoiler thread. I’m not trying to start anything but there’s a brief moment in CM that’s just perfect. 

When I am back (sometime around 3°clock in the morning if I am lucky) I'll read it with anticipation, you got me curious hours ago 😉

(maybe till then the CM thread is even open again...)

19 hours ago, Mulder said:

Damn big execs worked for Disney before moving to a Comcast and WB owned company you got them alright.

Last time I looked, execs and producers moving from studio to studio is SOP in the film business.

If an Exec is really good at his job, when his contract expires other studios try to get him. How Shocking.

3 minutes ago, DaytoDay said:

Is Disney the only studio who has a chance of being successful in streaming? What happens to the rest of studios when this happens?

WB has a good chance for theirs to work as well. Universal will probably be fine even without it.

3 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

So Captain Marvel has a 67 on RT Top Critics, a 83 from All Critics and a 66 on MC.

Yet some say this movie is not mixed and it's receiving so much positivity....okay. Also I took a gander at some of the reviews and I'm so confused about RT's fresh/rotten scale. Because a lot of the reviews they say are fresh are pretty borderline rotten. Also one critic gets a fresh with a C- review while the C+ one gets a rotten?

I get so confused with RT sometimes.

RT simply does not handle mixed reviews well.

I find RT useful as a place where I can quickly link to the individual reviews, but the overall RT ratings need to be taken with a Ton of Salt.

And, anyway, I can point to quite a few movie that got RT ratings worse then what Captain Marvel got and went on to be huge box office hits.

8 minutes ago, Mulder said:

WB has a good chance for theirs to work as well. Universal will probably be fine even without it.

SOme studios think it would be better for them just to work through established streaming companies rather then go to the expense of setting up their own.

It makes sense for Disney to set up a streaming company since they have just a vast library;same for Warners; Universal does not have such a huge library (they never made big acquisition like Warners did the the MGM/UA libraries) so it makes sense fo them to stick with selling to Netflix ,for instance, rather then go to the expense fo setting up a streaming company Not just worith if for them.

• Like 1