Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, Barnack said:

BvS costing just 400m budget + marketing.......... just to show how not a lot it would be, that not different than your average Thor 2 /Guardian of the Galaxy type of affairs, much lower than all the Spider Man pass the first one.

My point was if you spend 400 (and if your adding prints add 40+ million to both) you should be able to make a successful film if spending near a billon on 2 movies involving Batman and Superman.

33 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Amazing Spiderman was bad.. Not as bad those but not good. Distribution by Sony as well.

Never seen it, so I will take your word for it, not sure what it would have to do with what I said.

30 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

My point was if you spend 400 (and if your adding prints add 40+ million to both) you should be able to make a successful film if spending near a billon on 2 movies involving Batman and Superman.

And my point was that 400m is not a specially big amount for that type of movie, would even be on the reasonnable side, citing many example of movie with cost like those or significantly above them.

400m on production and marketing for a giant BvS movie, Tom Hanks Angels&Demon spent 412m on marketing, production and talent back end deals. I would imaigne the total cost of those 2 movie being above 1 billion and not below that bar or if that would be the case, they would be really nice success story.

34 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Same goes End Game. It needs to make insane money to justify costs. Expectations are insane.

Have you seen how much those avengers movie cost ?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10068015/filing-history

Ultron seem to have went above 400m gross budget and the new one look even more expensive.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Ultron seem to have went above 400m gross budget and the new one look even more expensive.

They made 2 movies with that budget though. A lot of Endgames costs are already paid.

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AndyK said:

They made 2 movies with that budget though. A lot of Endgames costs are already paid.

Yep when you film and produce movies as two parts it saves a ton. HP saved 100+ million on Deathly Hallows doing that

End game when will have an insane profit if it grosses 2 billion. However I do wonder if Marvel will struggled in 2020. Seems like a rough transition period. 

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Yes I'd imagine with marketing costs it will exceed 1 billion for End Game and Infinity War combined. However it's going to likely have 4+ billion in box office revenue.

Versus 1.4 billion of revenue for 900+ billion in costs.

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Donald Trump

Brexit

Zack Snyder hate

Our generation will look so stupid in the History books.

Excellent joke. Nice structure, of several serious items and then a silly one. Using your online persona to add seriousness and a reality to it. I like that. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Donald Trump

Brexit

Zack Snyder hate

Lmao at this nutjob comparing people hating a crappy movie director to a fascist president and one of the worst things to happen to the UK since Thatcher. Are you 12?

15 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Donald Trump

Brexit

Zack Snyder hate

Replace love with hate and that statement is incredibly accurate and all 3 fit well together.

As for historians lmao see how they feel about the top 2. It's going to be so weird looking back in a decade or 2. 

Edited by cdsacken
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Donald Trump

Brexit

Zack Snyder hate

Yes I can’t wait for the historic event of “Batman v. Superman’s embargo gets lifted” to be taught in history class

2 minutes ago, Premium George said:

This thread is going places once americans wake up. All due to that comment.

Might not be till 2024. I'm so not thrilled about the next 18 months. Suffice to say I'm pessimistic about the outcome next year, as a big majority of country now all of sudden likes Russia and dictators. Brexit isn't much better. The level of stubbornness in both countries is astounding.