Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

One motherfucking billion dollars for Captain Marvel (well, only ten million dollars away as of this weekend). Evidently, Brie's hatred of white men;) had a horrible effect at the box office.

:hahaha:

While the alt-right anti-superheroine trolls lick their wounds and scratch their heads trying to understand why CM became such a global smash despite their "best" efforts, fans of CBMs and especially fans of superwomen in CBMs can rejoice about the infinite possibilities that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel will inevitably lead to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

@LouisianaArkansasGeorgia in the Dark Phoenix thread you compared me to The Futuristic, but that's not a fair reputation you're giving me. The only reason I'm a "Marvel hater" is because they make movies I don't like, plain and simple. If they start making good movies, I will be honest about it. Just like I have always been honest in here about how I didn't enjoy Aquaman, and how Ant-Man and the Wasp was my favorite comic book movie from last year. I will not pretend Marvel can't make anything right just because I'm a DC supporter.

I apologize, Napoleon. That was just a stupid comparison and I actually take responsibility for it. I admit that I did, with that comment, what many people do here with you, which is mock you and dismiss you for being extremely passionate about the DCEU. Since saying that the Snyder DCEU properties are awesome is not a popular opinion here, everyone feels empowered to attack you and laugh at you for it. But I only meant that you and him are similar in your extreme passion for your respective cinematic universes. I gotta give you credit for "admitting" that you loved AMATW just like I give him credit for admitting that he enjoyed Wonder Woman and Aquaman. 

In any case, I am sorry. I won't do that again.

Edited by LouisianaArkansasGeorgia
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

One motherfucking billion dollars for Captain Marvel (well, only ten million dollars away as of this weekend). Evidently, Brie's hatred of white men;) had a horrible effect at the box office.

:hahaha:

While the alt-right anti-superheroine trolls lick their wounds and scratch their heads trying to understand why CM became such a global smash despite their "best" efforts, fans of CBMs and especially fans of superwomen in CBMs can rejoice about the infinite possibilities that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel will inevitably lead to.

Hopefully they will boycott WW 1984 too. Then it's sure to get 1.2 billion. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yes!!!! I hope they do!! Seriously, nothing would make me happy than the WW sequel following that same CM narrative (Trolls hate on it, the film still makes a billion dollars) just so they can feel even more powerless. I mean, at some point they are going to realize that their idiotic campaigns are pointless, right? :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

I'm fine for synder to do the darker films as long as he doesn't ruin any more superhero films. I want the DC brand to be positive again. It's already shedding his crap brand, hopefully it can continue to do so.

I'm looking out for that transition, but so far between the movies & streaming shows, his magic touch has been so pervasive.

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

2 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Yes!!!! I hope they do!! Seriously, nothing would make me happy than the WW sequel following that same CM narrative (Trolls hate on it, the film still makes a billion dollars) just so they can feel even more powerless. I mean, at some point they are going to realize that their idiotic campaigns are pointless, right? :D

but...those same folks continuously bring WW up & put CM down:kitschjob:

and a good number of them consider WW to be the best DCEU flick

6 minutes ago, 2kt09 said:

I'm looking out for that transition, but so far between the movies & streaming shows, his magic touch has been so pervasive.

but...those same folks continuously bring WW up & put CM down:kitschjob:

and a good number of them consider WW to be the best DCEU flick

I noticed that, but I bet that the only reason for them to prop up WW is to have some sort of "leverage" in their arguments against CM since WW's reviews were so much better than CM's You know like, "well, here is how you make a superheroine film right. WW is so much better than CM, and Gal wasn't even sexist against white dudes, and she is awesome, unlike wooden Brie, and the film did not need to shove SJW concepts down our throat" blah blah blah. I bet they never really cared for WW to begin with.

Indeed. Snyder magic touch LMAO he literally failed on 2 of what should have been the easiest films ever to make in BVS and Justice League. He's an out of touch, narcissistic, delusional, hateful dbag. I can't wait till he has zero affiliation with DC films. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Indeed. Snyder magic touch LMAO he literally failed on 2 of what should have been the easiest films ever to make in BVS and Justice League. He's an out of touch, narcissistic, delusional, hateful dbag. I can't wait till he has zero affiliation with DC films. 

“Easiest films ever”? In what way should those films have been “easy”? Also, what’s with the personal attacks against the guy?

• Like 1

Batman and Superman with $400million budget for production/marketing come on.

Justice League literally lost money and BVS broke even with 850+ in box office.

Only a terrible director could fail that bad.

25 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I noticed that, but I bet that the only reason for them to prop up WW is to have some sort of "leverage" in their arguments against CM since WW's reviews were so much better than CM's You know like, "well, here is how you make a superheroine film right. WW is so much better than CM, and Gal wasn't even sexist against white dudes, and she is awesome, unlike wooden Brie, and the film did not need to shove SJW concepts down our throat" blah blah blah. I bet they never really cared for WW to begin with.

I considered that, but again they're legitimate fans of WW and are as ride or die for any other cliche mainstream fanboy related thing. Brie united the MCU & DCEU fanboys :insane:

21 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

And yet his legacy lives on. The MCU got a 2-for-1 out of BvS. I thought Johns & Berg being out would mean that's the official turnover and yet Aquaman & Shazam! continue to remind me of this foundation. Every bit and piece of a rumored JL cut has me going...so basically Infinity War. The streaming shows are an impressive backdoor to the movies. 

Edited by 2kt09
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Barnack said:

In the sense that it is a lot ? Or hard to believe that it would be that reasonable ?

It's a lot (JL was more). They spent 850 million combined on the two and maybe broke even. You don't spend that kind money hoping to maybe break even. Anyone who's honest about it if Marvel did the same they would have made bank.

DC has awesome characters. They just need nonshitty directors and seem to be on the right track now.

5 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Anyone who's honest about it if Marvel did the same they would have made bank.

https://deadline.com/2015/03/guardians-of-the-galaxy-profit-box-office-2014-1201391217/

Net Budget: 196m

Marketing: 150m theatrical release, 70m home ent release

https://deadline.com/2018/03/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-box-office-profit-2017-1202346285/

Budget: 200m

WW P&A: 163m

Worldwide video: 40m

The Amazing Spider Man:

Net Budget: 261.595m

Marketing Budget: 187.499m

Box office: 758m

Profits: 70m for the studio, 46m for the talents.

8 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

It's a lot

It would really not be a lot 400m budget + marketing for a big SH movies, the Spider man went over 530m in their peaks, I really doubt they maybe broke even on Batman V Superman, that made nearly 900m at the bo with an healthy domestic %.

• Thanks 1

Gotg vs Superman lmao delusional.

Justice League lost 100 million BVS probably broke even maybe made a tiny bit.

Frame however you want both of those movies were such massive failures that it created a stigma with DC. Best way to shed it is to shed the person responsible.

Edited by cdsacken

Just now, cdsacken said:

Gotg vs Superman lmao delusional.

BvS costing just 400m budget + marketing.......... just to show how not a lot it would be, that not different than your average Thor 2 /Guardian of the Galaxy type of affairs, much lower than all the Spider Man pass the first one.