Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yes I can’t wait for the historic event of “Batman v. Superman’s embargo gets lifted” to be taught in history class

In 2016 the globalist deep state media perpetuated a deep arching conspiracy to defame the gloriousness that was BVS and Justice League. Critics around the world colluded together in an act of box office treason to deny both movies the praise they so richly deserved. Once the details were exposed to the world, a new ushered in where superheroes became murderers and rapists shattering long held beliefs of comic lore. 

I can see it already....

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Might not be till 2024. I'm so not thrilled about the next 18 months. Suffice to say I'm pessimistic about the outcome next year, as a big majority of country now all of sudden likes Russia and dictators. Brexit isn't much better. The level of stubbornness in both countries is astounding.

I think either you misread my comment or misunderstood it.

6 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Brexit isn't much better. 

TBF Brexit is a lot more understandable and complex than the shit happening in America. Brexit or not, the UK economy is still going down the shitter because of the Tory government. I know a few people who voted leave because of how much the government has been already messing up the country (I especially know someone personally who got pissed that the government is privatising the schools and hospitals around the place he grew up in). I would vote to remain if another vote came about (I wasn't able to vote back in 2016) but I can understand why a lot of people (not the bigots who are blaming immigrants and that malarkey) voted leave. The problem with the UK goes back 40-50 years.

9 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

TBF Brexit is a lot more understandable and complex than the shit happening in America. Brexit or not, the UK economy is still going down the shitter because of the Tory government. I know a few people who voted leave because of how much the government has been already messing up the country (I especially know someone personally who got pissed that the government is privatising the schools and hospitals around the place he grew up in). I would vote to remain if another vote came about (I wasn't able to vote back in 2016) but I can understand why a lot of people (not the bigots who are blaming immigrants and that malarkey) voted leave. The problem with the UK goes back 40-50 years.

I'm more referring to the idea that after nearly 3 years of nothing getting done so many are against having a final say in it. It's crazy. The government is divided as our the people. Before they permanently change something the entire country should have a say, remainers and leavers alike.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

What's the general consensus on Game of Thrones?

Depends where you look at. It's very popular and it's just increasing. Among book readers, first 4 seasons are top notch and then downfall starts.

Most people seem to love it going by social Media and ratings. Unlike walking dead, there's no decline.

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Depends where you look at. It's very popular and it's just increasing. Among book readers, first 4 seasons are top notch and then downfall starts.

Most people seem to love it going by social Media and ratings. Unlike walking dead, there's no decline.

I finally started watching it, and season's 1 pretty good so far. It's hit the pop culture zeitgeist in a way that not even Lost or The Walking Dead hit though, but I don't know what the general critical consensus seems to be

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

I finally started watching it, and season's 1 pretty good so far. It's hit the pop culture zeitgeist in a way that not even Lost or The Walking Dead hit though, but I don't know what the general critical consensus seems to be

IMO, first 4 seasons are amazing with 4th being best. 5 and 6 are average but both have amazing episodes. 6th might have the best episode of all. Didn't like 7th at all.

Keep watching, it's a good ride.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's hit the pop culture zeitgeist in a way that not even Lost or The Walking Dead hit though

A show about people being stuck on an island with many flashbacks off the island and a show about waiting for a zombie attack.

People assumed Westworld would be able to replace GoT 🤣

The only real equivalent can be found in children's cartoons

20 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Batman and Superman with $400million budget for production/marketing come on.

Justice League literally lost money and BVS broke even with 850+ in box office.

Only a terrible director could fail that bad.

I don't disagree with you in regard to Snyder failing at doing the rich worlds of DC justice (pun totally intended), but I don't condone your personal attacks. And no, sorry...why would making a Justice League or BvS film be easy? How many blockbuster movie behemoths have you made/directed?

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lmao at this nutjob comparing people hating a crappy movie director to a fascist president and one of the worst things to happen to the UK since Thatcher. Are you 12?

I know that this thread is supposed to be a free-for-all designed to keep poisonous arguments and fights from tainting other threads, but damn...why do we have to insult posters personally? Can we stick to shitting on movies, not on movie fans? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I don't disagree with you in regard to Snyder failing at doing the rich worlds of DC justice (pun totally intended), but I don't condone your personal attacks. And no, sorry...why would making a Justice League or BvS film be easy? How many blockbuster movie behemoths have you made/directed?

Compared to GOTG it would seem so. Imo I just don't get the synder love. He's a rude guy that nearly killed superhero DC films. 

Edited by cdsacken

18 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

I know that this thread is supposed to be a free-for-all designed to keep poisonous arguments and fights from tainting other threads, but damn...why do we have to insult posters personally? Can we stick to shitting on movies, not on movie fans? 

He clearly isn't a movie fan and seems kind of mental. Who the hell would compare a fascist president to people hating on a movie director? If you ask me, only nutjobs would.

26 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Compared to GOTG it would seem so. Imo I just don't get the synder love. He's a rude guy that nearly killed superhero DC films. 

Comics, cartoons, games. Snyder among a few others distills the best of em' to a cinematic live-action format.