Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

24 minutes ago, LordNox said:

Why do some argue that Marvel dominating the box office is good for DC? Its the opposite, Marvel is killing DC. Marvel has already made Superman and Batman irrelevant and they are only beginning. The more audiences see Marvel the less they want to see DC. Look at the last few years and the pattern is that the stronger Marvel grows at the box office the weaker DC is. DC can no longer put out movies that get close to a 100M opening.

If you are a DC fan, no Marvel making movies isn't good for you. In fact its killing DC and all interest in DC from the general public. You should be begging Feige to stop. Feige has turned ant man more relevant than Batman.

Bad fanboy takes like these are why I'm following this thread. Thanks for making my day

Edited by stealthyfrog
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

WW made 800+ and it's sequel will make 1 billion plus too. Oh no DC is dying arrrrggghhhhh

Not to mention it kicked Marvel's ass all over the place in 2017 in terms of Blue Ray sales.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordNox said:

Why do some argue that Marvel dominating the box office is good for DC? Its the opposite, Marvel is killing DC. Marvel has already made Superman and Batman irrelevant and they are only beginning. The more audiences see Marvel the less they want to see DC. Look at the last few years and the pattern is that the stronger Marvel grows at the box office the weaker DC is. DC can no longer put out movies that get close to a 100M opening.

If you are a DC fan, no Marvel making movies isn't good for you. In fact its killing DC and all interest in DC from the general public. You should be begging Feige to stop. Feige has turned ant man more relevant than Batman.

Bullshit. Pure fanboy bullshit.

Fact is DC has had only two big box office failure;s"Green Lantern" and "Justice League"

"BvS" did not do the Avengers level numbers that DC was expecting,but it made substantial profits for Warners. The problem was lots of people bought tickets for BvS but did not like what they saw. That caught up with DC with "Justice League'.

Yes, DC has not been able to build the kind of brand appeal that Marvel Studios has,but it has not been a finiancial failure.

And the main cause of their problems, Zack Snyder has been kicked upstairs to a powerless "exec Producer" postion.

And Aquaman just did a Billion Dollars. Some disaster.

I have been very critical of DC studios in the past because they basically screwed the unscweable pooch with giving Snyder COntrol of the DCU, with bad consequences. But hings are now looking up, and ,despite my respect and love for the MCU, would like to see them get some real completion in terms of quality.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, cdsacken said:

WW made 800+ and it's sequel will make 1 billion plus too. Oh no DC is dying arrrrggghhhhh

WW2 is gonna make 1B plus? I wouldn't be so sure. Guardians 2 couldn't even come close, despite the first movie having more international appeal than WW. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

Don't know how legit this site is but according to the article Warner Bros expects Shazam to have a 45M opening and a total of 150M gross for Shazam in NA:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/29/warner-bros-box-office-predictions-for-shazam-revealed/

So Shazam will gross less than the animated into the spider-verse in NA. That would probably make 450M the max Shazam can gross WW.

Is that expected or a disappointment if that is the case?

• Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Let's stop this fanboy war and step forward to root for Diversity and Representation in Blockbuster movies. ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️😍😍😍

Oooooh....we are impressed at how liberal and progressive you are...........

• Knock It Off 2

13 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I have also no idea where that idea comes from.

The baddies where not of the same race as the family maybe?

(Ppl seem to search more and more with a mikroscope, and miss more and more the  big picture)

I don't think True Lies is sexist or racist, but I can absolutely seeing it getting called that by a lot of people if it were released today.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

I don't think True Lies is sexist or racist, but I can absolutely seeing it getting called that by a lot of people if it were released today.

I might have to rewatch it, beside the baddies... I do not remember to have felt ike that (sexist) then. But it is quite a long time since I have seen it completly

5 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

yeah, the whole "kidnap your wife and lock her up for a few hours" thing would not really fly nowadays. Not quite sure i remember it correctly, but i think she does get to hit him a few times afterwards?

Watching Infinity War again, and it reminded me of one of Marvel Studios' occasional brain farts 😂...its understandable, with such a large production schedule...

Thanos, with one stone, beats down The Hulk like a walk in the park. At the end of the movie, Thanos is in Wakanda, with 5 stones, punching an unhelmeted Captain America in the head.

Thanos gets the last stone, snaps his finger, and leaves. THEN...Captain America GETS BACK UP, like nothing happened 😂!  

If Thanos is powerful enough to pound Hulk unconscious, you can imagine what other beings he could crush! 

Cap, with the helmet on, okay, I could buy that! Basically a roided up human...he's...DEAD! That blow should have cracked his skull like an egg!! Back into his brain!

It's like, the Thanos/Hulk fight was done by another department, and that just...never came to mind, as they were shooting the Cap scene! Cap weights down a chopper in Civil War...

I watch DCEU movies too, and cant remember too many brain farts like that. Superman and Wonder Woman battled Doomsday, while Batman sat in the bleachers 😂! He certainly was not gonna get up from a clean punch to the skull!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Thanos wasn't trying to kill anyone in Wakanda. Just focused completely on getting that final stone.

An unhelmeted Cap is going to DIE from a blow to the skull, no matter what Thanos' intention is!! Thanos is powerful enough to swat Hulk away like a housefly!

If you fall into a silver back enclosure at the zoo, it's not its intent to harm you 😂!! But if it grabs hold of you, bones will be broken, and likely a lot worse, just from the sheer POWER!!

He has at least two feet of height and leverage, as he punched Cap in the head 😂!! He's DEAD!! Panther is wearing vibranium, War Machine has Stark armor, Banner is in the HulkBuster, you can buy ALL of that!

No kind of logic can explain a human skull able to withstand a blunt blow from a cosmic being that pummeled Hulk 😂😂!! A human skull cant with stand a BAT! A BRICK! 

You gotta be careful that when you offer excuses for Marvel, what you're not REALLY doing is mindlessly defending them! 

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • Like 1