WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

1 minute ago, Ash said:

Considering the reviews it got i think it's a good number. We'll be having a delay release date for SPECTRE due to a local Film, it's releasing On Nov 20th now.
But the idiotic part is Mockingjay part -2 is releasing on the same day as this.   

Lol, which country are you from?

1 minute ago, misafeco said:

Lol, which country are you from?

India.
Yeah, funny right. These distributors thought of releasing a week after this big local film but even mockingjay is coming in november so they thought of releasing it in the same week as spectre now. But SPECTRE will have no harm going against Mockingjay-2,it'll do very good numbers here. Katniss is in trouble.
The point is people are very much disappointed by this shitty late release act. 

They started the movie 20 minutes late last night because the power went off at my theater a half hour before showtime. So many Bond fans pissed in one place.

Wonder how a similar instance would go over on December 17

26 minutes ago, Ash said:

India.
Yeah, funny right. These distributors thought of releasing a week after this big local film but even mockingjay is coming in november so they thought of releasing it in the same week as spectre now. But SPECTRE will have no harm going against Mockingjay-2,it'll do very good numbers here. Katniss is in trouble.
The point is people are very much disappointed by this shitty late release act. 

After Bajrangi Bhaijaan created new records, expectations for PRDP are ridiculously high. No wonder every movie wants to avoid it.

I fear for Star Wars, releasing the same day as Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani will hurt it, won't be surprised if it gets delayed. Besides, Hunger Games is not a big franchise in India anyway, Bond is way bigger.

35 minutes ago, grim22 said:

After Bajrangi Bhaijaan created new records, expectations for PRDP are ridiculously high. No wonder every movie wants to avoid it.

I fear for Star Wars, releasing the same day as Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani will hurt it, won't be surprised if it gets delayed. Besides, Hunger Games is not a big franchise in India anyway, Bond is way bigger.

You are right darling. But they should've released SPECTRE earlier no movie is doing that good of business anyway. Maybe they thought PRDP will be taking more screens than intended coz of buzz and all. And as for STAR WARS it will be released on DEC 25th, you don't need to worry. Even in 2nd weekend Dilwale and bajirao will effect star wars though.

Edited by Ash

2 hours ago, a2knet said:

Skyfall's multiplier was 3.44x. I feel Specter is not likely to match that. If it gets a 75m ow, it will need 3.34x to touch 250m.

Welcome back! We missed you!

Minions made the exact number you wanted btw:) 335m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ash said:

You are right darling. But they should've released SPECTRE earlier no movie is doing that good of business anyway. Maybe they thought PRDP will be taking more screens than intended coz of buzz and all. And as for STAR WARS it will be released on DEC 25th, you don't need to worry. Even in 2nd weekend Dilwale and bajirao will effect star wars though.

Yeah, Star Wars just releases at the wrong time to make a lot of money in India. Christmas has big regional language releases as well. The box office has been somewhat dead apart from the unexpected for some (but pretty obvious) success of Pyar Ka Punchnama 2. I tried watching Shandaar and gave up after 15 minutes, what was everyone involved with that movie thinking? It plays like a bad acid trip.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, Star Wars just releases at the wrong time to make a lot of money in India. Christmas has big regional language releases as well. The box office has been somewhat dead apart from the unexpected for some (but pretty obvious) success of Pyar Ka Punchnama 2. I tried watching Shandaar and gave up after 15 minutes, what was everyone involved with that movie thinking? It plays like a bad acid trip.

I don't think it's a wrong time but its just unlucky to have Big star movies when STAR WARS comes.
Shaandar.. I know. Shahid is one of my Fav actor. Very disappointed though. He did that movie for the producer she's a good friend of him. But still.. It came after Haider in which he did a top notch performance.