WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

4 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, Star Wars just releases at the wrong time to make a lot of money in India. Christmas has big regional language releases as well. The box office has been somewhat dead apart from the unexpected for some (but pretty obvious) success of Pyar Ka Punchnama 2. I tried watching Shandaar and gave up after 15 minutes, what was everyone involved with that movie thinking? It plays like a bad acid trip.

Worst theater experience ever. It was so so boring and so much nonsense with no discernible plot or anthing... And yeah MJ2 is not going to affect Bond in the slightest. Star Wars is definitely getting moved though.

Anyways I think those midnights put Spectre at a 75-80m Weekend. Hopefully this would be enough for a 250+ total.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hobbit 2 did around $73M OW. :) Could Spectre be able to open above it?

Depends on how well Peanuts does. Skyfall had no competition on its OW, depending on families choosing Peanuts over SPECTRE or vice versa, the OW take will change.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Depends on how well Peanuts does. Skyfall had no competition on its OW, depending on families choosing Peanuts over SPECTRE or vice versa, the OW take will change.

Yeah...true. But then again....there are cases where both movies of 2 different genres on the same weekend has opened very big. It happened before a few times. ^_^

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

17 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Yeah, Star Wars just releases at the wrong time to make a lot of money in India. Christmas has big regional language releases as well. The box office has been somewhat dead apart from the unexpected for some (but pretty obvious) success of Pyar Ka Punchnama 2. I tried watching Shandaar and gave up after 15 minutes, what was everyone involved with that movie thinking? It plays like a bad acid trip.

Do tell.

Also, what was Skyfall's Thursday gross? All I see is 2.2M from IMAX/Premium screens.

Just now, spizzer said:

Do tell.

Also, what was Skyfall's Thursday gross? All I see is 2.2M from IMAX/Premium screens.

2.2M from IMAX and 2.4 from midnight shows.

Shandaar takes place in what is basically a heightened reality where every single character is an idiot. I am pretty sure everyone involved in the movie was on some illegal substance or the other during the making. They got Shahid Kapoor and Pankaj Kapoor to act together, had Alia Bhat who hadn't had a flop till this movie, got the director of the really really good Queen, and Karan Johar producing, and came up with this nonsense.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

I am looking for a mod here, a new member just dropped a BIG spoiler in the MJ2 thread.

Cjohn ????

Thanx guys.

I'll go take a look now in case it hasn't been dealt with yet. FYI, when you need help like this, PM any mods who're online for a quicker response. :)

• Community Manager

THE FORUM ANNIVERSARY SALE

Hello everyone! As many of you know, we currently offer you the chance to buy a whole year's subscription to the Copper Account tier for $5 a year (totaling $60 a year) or for $55 a year (giving you a whole month free).

With the release of Specter AND our Forum Anniversary, we decided to celebrate what should hopefully be a better box office weekend than the last couple weeks combined with a very special one-week sale! If you buy your annual subscription within the following week for a Copper Account, we'll give you two months free. That's right, the cost for a Copper Account annual subscription will be only $50!

With a Copper Account, you'll get the ability to send private messages in Chat, you'll get 75 whole likes a day to give out, you'll get a larger avatar size, AND you should get no ads while browsing the forum! You'll get these benefits for a whole year for only $50! The best part is you'll be helping support the forums stay alive. Without contributions from users, we can't pay our server fees and we'd be forced to shut down. With your donations, we can stay alive and you can have a home to predict whether or not Star Wars will open to $300 million or not.

With $50 you'll also get early access to the derby game where you can help test it to make sure it works properly and you'll be able to provide feedback on how to make the game better. Supporting the forums means supporting the derby! 

So donate within the following week for this special limited time offer! We also offer other account tiers that offer more perks like having your own custom signature and being able to change your display name. You can choose to get each account tier monthly or you can choose to get each account tier annually (with a free month)!

• Like 3

Just now, Telemachos said:

I'll go take a look now in case it hasn't been dealt with yet. FYI, when you need help like this, PM any mods who're online for a quicker response. :)

Thx, the guy took the spoiler down but it s still in my post ironically, erase it if you can, I couldn't for some reason.

Really not that bad for Spectre it should have a decent OD, and then a decent Saturday hold while Sunday will take it down a little bit. Peanuts is more of a weekend type thing as for families who are usually off on Saturdays and Sundays because of no school or work. 

23 minutes ago, Kalo said:

So considering the WOM this is getting, if it opens to $75m.. this might not even hit $200m. :wacko:

Stuckmann gave it a B+(that's good). It should hold up just fine considering that really Katniss doesn't come out in 2 weeks(IMAX screens though) but it should still hold up just fine if it's gets 75 OW and then it will earn close to 245-250 domestic while overseas makes more money. So really it will be a solid success.

Just now, Maxmoser3 said:

Stuckmann gave it a B+(that's good). It should hold up just fine considering that really Katniss doesn't come out in 2 weeks(IMAX screens though) but it should still hold up just fine if it's gets 75 OW and then it will earn close to 245-250 domestic while overseas makes more money. So really it will be a solid success.

who is Stuckmann? (or what?) and I just saw it and it was barely better than QoS. even my dad who is usually very easily entertain with these kind of movies found it only okay. I mean it most likely will hit $200m. maybe $220m but it is getting mixed WoM. not near on par with Skyfall.