Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

RT: 89%

Average Rating: 8/10Reviews Counted: 45Fresh: 40 | Rotten: 5

Top Critics: 90%

Average Rating: 8.3/10Critic Reviews: 10Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 1

Metacritic: 84 (16 critics)

Looks like an early contender for most overrated.

Critics really seem to have an agenda.

I don't get the hype. It's no better or worse than any B-grade sci-fi movie.

Must be because it's an acclaimed Korean director because there is really nothing special about this movie.

No offense (you'll probably take offense anyway), but given your opinions on the Transformers movies, I don't think this movie is marketed for you and the movies you like. 

• Like 1

Why would anyone who loves the Transformers franchise fling shit on Snowpiercer? It's not like this movie's going to outperform T4 at the box office, like… obviously! It just needs to have a decent showing for its limited release, and it's already made double it's budget from OS returns.

Like, TF4 will beat it at the U.S. B.O. of course. It may not beat it on RT, but whatever. 

• Like 1

The release in LA is weird, and just makes no sense. Snowpiercer is not releasing in the Arclight or the Landmark, and is instead in Sundance Sunset and CGV Cinemas. I get why, considering that one is in Koreatown but Arclight or Landmark would have been much better for the general audience.

The choice of theaters and how many screens pretty much screams that Radius-TWC did not get the choice indie theaters and treatment a TWC release would command.  Even in NYC where it does land the Angelica it gets once screen while the TWC released Begin Again gets three.

RT: 91%

Average Rating: 8.1/10Reviews Counted: 53Fresh: 48| Rotten: 5

Top Critics: 94%

Average Rating: 8.4/10Critic Reviews: 16Fresh: 15 | Rotten: 1

Metacritic: 87 (22 critics)

• Like 1

I really loved the third act - it may have been a wee bit predictable, but damn if it wasn't well-executed. And there was some catharsis there, for all the characters.  I loved the acting as well. 

I didn't really see anything "emo" about it, other than finally 

discovering the reasons behind Curtis' hesitation to lead, his complicated relationship with Edgar and Gilliam…. and his penchant for cannibalism.

• Like 1

http://snowpiercer-film.com/screenings

They keep updating the page - there are far more theaters listed for 7/2 now than a couple of days ago.

Nice, it's expanding to Ontario on the 2nd. I usually go to the Edwards in Ontario for IMAX shows. Never been to the AMC Ontario Mills, even though its like right across the street from Edwards.

• Like 1

I want to see this do well partly because its awesome, partly because I have an affinity with Korea and partly because it would be the most awesome thing in Human history if he was to get big enough that Marvel maybe considered giving him  the ball for one of their upcoming mid-ranged superheroes.

I would sacrifice a thousand virgins to see Bong do a comic book superhero movie (I know Snowpiercer is a comic book movie too but still...)

• Like 1

Bong said he was offered scripts for big studio movies after The Host and some were great but he had no interest in directing someone else's main idea and property - that he likes to develop his own and that he's a control freak and he likes it that way.  He's also said Snowpiercer will probably be the biggest film in terms of budget he'll ever do.  Optimally he's said he wants to make a movie every 2 years for the rest of his life - so that's something to look forward to.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2