kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE | 445.1 M overseas ● 677.7 M worldwide

DOCTOR STRANGE is the 1st movie to ever play on over 1,000 IMAX screens worldwide in a single weekend--1,001 w/ $24.2M.

DOC STRANGE: top territories - NA ($85M) CHI ($44M) KOR ($30M) UK ($19M) RUS ($15M) GER ($11M) FRA ($10M) MEX ($10M) OZ ($9M) BRA ($8M)

Doctor Strange up to around £15m in the UK after 13 days in play.

• Like 3

Record-breaking superhero movie!

Screendaily - Including its North American bow of $85m, Doctor Strange has now conjured up $325.4m worldwide after 13 days of release. Overseas, Marvel’s latest offering posted an estimated $118.7m second weekend from its 53 territories for $240.4m to date. Its best new opening came in China with a three-day haul of $44.3m, making it the biggest opening weekend for an original superhero outing.

Doctor Strange also enjoyed strong debuts in Brazil ($7.9m) and Russia ($12.4m for $15.4m including IMAX previews), while it recorded great holdovers in Europe with drops of only 12% and 19% in Germany and Austria, respectively.

At 1,001 IMAX screens worldwide, it grossed $24.2m from its 66 markets for $35m so far as it became the first film to ever play on more than 1,000 IMAX screens in a single weekend.

Driven by Doctor Strange’s global weekend, The Walt Disney Studios has crossed the $6bn at the worldwide box office for the first time ever and only the second time in industry history. Last week, Disney surpassed its own previous global record.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Quigley said:

Universal's $6.9B record is in sight.

Universal's $6.89B has no chance of standing at this point.

Disney is at just shy of $6.07B based on the report from Wednesday, and Doc Strange's gross since then. Strange will easily do another $300M (without Japan). Moana and the first 14 days of Rogue One aren't going to fail to hit $530M or less combined by Dec 31st. My guess is that somewhere over $7.5B is more likely for Disney this year. 

Edited by kswiston
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, kswiston said:

Universal's $6.89B has no chance of standing at this point.

Disney is at just shy of $6.07B based on the report from Wednesday, and Doc Strange's gross since then. Strange will easily do another $300M (without Japan). Moana and the first 14 days of Rogue One aren't going to fail to hit $530M or less combined by Dec 31st. My guess is that somewhere over $7.5B is more likely for Disney this year. 

Don't forget about Moana :D

On 11/4/2016 at 11:26 PM, newbie BO buff said:

So, 310+ million worldwide by the end of this weekend?

Hahahahaha, I knew it!

Additional info: as per 11/4, Indonesia stands at 4.8 million USD, roughly 1.78 million tickets sold.

I went to the movies today to see Trolls with my kids, and people are still lining up for the Doctor/Sorcerer, after 12 days of play.

This is so getting past 600 million worldwide, is 700 attainable?

11 minutes ago, newbie BO buff said:

Hahahahaha, I knew it!

Additional info: as per 11/4, Indonesia stands at 4.8 million USD, roughly 1.78 million tickets sold.

I went to the movies today to see Trolls with my kids, and people are still lining up for the Doctor/Sorcerer, after 12 days of play.

This is so getting past 600 million worldwide, is 700 attainable?

Indonesia is one of those markets I can't wait to see becoming big, the potential is huge :o

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Still rather shocked that Ant-Man did so well! Unbelievable. 

I'm surprised that this movie still made less than X-Men Apocalypse.

Apocalypse had a good run in China and good word of mouth, getting 120 million as its final grosses there. All in all, good performances all around. XD