kayumanggi

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM | 580.0 M overseas ● 814.0 M worldwide

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Its good right?

I ead about something  under $80 up to nearly $100m OW USA/CAN (now they speak about $60m) and $200m not sure anymore if it was meant ww or OS

It seems to be less than some assumed, but I alsohad read way deeper predictions than here in this thread. For the moment I think it is too early to judge, see e.g. some open Friday, 2 countries under the week...

Fantastic Beasts found an $8.75 million Thursday night debut in North America, the same day the film added 38 markets to its overseas release. The film, now playing in a total of 48 global markets, has grossed a total of $23.5 million outside of North America and $32.2 million worldwide.

Russia was the top overseas opener on Thursday, grossing $1.7 million from 2,602 screens and a 77% of the Top 5 market share. Australia, however, packed a bigger punch on a per-screen average, claiming 81% of the Top 5 market share en route to a $1.6 million bow on 705 screens –a 65% improvement over the recent debut of Dr. Strange.

Other top openers on Thursday included Brazil ($1.3M, 1,311 screens), Germany ($1M, 1,271 screens), Italy ($915k, 720 screens),  and the United Arab Emirates ($429k, 97 screens).

South Korea continued to see success over its second day, adding $1.9 million from 1,260 screens to reach a $3.5 million cume entering the weekend. France grossed $684k from 805 screens and has made a total of $2.4 million two days into release.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them expands to 16 more markets on Fridaym including Mexico, Spain, and the United Kingdom.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/fantastic-beasts-enters-weekend-8-75m-north-america-32-2m-worldwide/

E.g. Germany usually starts Wednesday with previews, if they are offered, or Thursday....

I am not much into the prediction game, am more used to look for the actuals, better said the final numbers.

• Like 1

generated an estimated $6.9m on Wednesday from 5,070 screens in nine markets.

France led the way on $1.8m (€1.6m) and 209k admissions from 805 screens through Warner Bros Pictures International. The result included Tuesday night previews and resulted in 70% market share of the top five.

South Korea produced $1.7m (KRW 2bn) on roughly 1,090 screens in a non-traditional Wednesday debut that commanded 65% share and delivered the biggest opening day in what is known as the Wizarding World series that encompasses the previous eight Harry Potter films.

Indonesia delivered $480k (Rph 6bn) from 690 and 75% share from what was also a non-traditional Wednesday launch that generated the second biggest Wizarding World opening day behind Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2. 

The last of the notable Wednesday debuts came in Sweden where Fantastic Beast And Where To Find Them opened on $446k (SEK 4.1m) from 300 and secured 84% top five market share.

The fantasy adventure opens in a further 38 markets on Thursday including Germany, Italy, Russia, Brazil and Australia, followed by 16 on Friday led by the UK, Spain and Mexico. 

Overall Fantastic Beasts will be active on more than 22,000 screens in 63 international markets this weekend day-and-date with Friday’s North American launch. Next week brings China and Japan.

http://www.screendaily.com/box-office/fantastic-beasts-scores-69m-international-opening-salvo/5111448.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

3 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

600 M WW would be good, but I'm seeing the same as you, closer to 700, maybe more. DOM will be more than 200 I'd say. WOM is very good as expected, not only DOM, but overseas as well, high ratings. 

Honestly $600m wouldn't be good at all, that would be a failure, it's really too low for such a movie. $700m would be honest, acceptable and that's why I want it to reach that threshold at worst. I would be very disappointed with less than $700m, and I think it'll beat that anyway :)