kayumanggi

FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM | 580.0 M overseas ● 814.0 M worldwide

That's harsh, but I can understand, especially when you see a mediocre film such as SS reaching 740..... The thing is, I'd say the sequels can only increase, you can include Dumbledore (even young) in the trailers, and sell that aspect, not to mention we've seen with the early WOM that people will recommend it to other people, this is something to build on. Rooting for 700 M, OS is going to do its thing, it's especially domestic that it can be improved next time, but when you think about it, it's promising, this doesn't have the luxury of having Gandalf & Bilbo & Middle Earth like The Hobbit movies did, or Darth Vader and that preestablished universe.

This just has a mention of Dumbledore, the magic element, Grindelwald very briefly, and everything else is brand new. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

That's harsh, but I can understand, especially when you see a mediocre film such as SS reaching 740..... The thing is, I'd say the sequels can only increase, you can include Dumbledore (even young) in the trailers, and sell that aspect, not to mention we've seen with the early WOM that people will recommend it to other people, this is something to build on. Rooting for 700 M, OS is going to do its thing, it's especially domestic that it can be improved next time, but when you think about it, it's promising, this doesn't have the luxury of having Gandalf & Bilbo & Middle Earth like The Hobbit movies did, or Darth Vader and that preestablished universe.

This just has a mention of Dumbledore, the magic element, Grindelwald very briefly, and everything else is brand new. 

still think they will shorten it to three films instead of five

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

That is the key, IMHO.

Anyone who thinks JK won't get her 5 movies is crazy. Besides the fact that WB would never really lose money because of the merchandise, they would never risk upsetting Rowling. Cursed Child is on the horizon and possibly other movies as well (Marauders for example).   

Edited by James
  • Like 2

Just now, TimmyRiggins said:

I think The Cursed Child is best left alone as a play (even though we know WB did buy some domains online for it), or it'd need some heavy rewriting. I don't even know how it could work with Rickman gone, and Radcliffe, Watson & Grint being adults now, even with the magic of CG. 

I think (Actually I'm pretty much positive) that they will ask JK to adapt it. Add a lot to it, break it in a series. C'mon, we both know those movies are going to come. Just imagine the nostalgia. They are locked to be heavy hitters. Meanwhile, WB makes money with a well received franchise that boosts the merchandise even more. With another theme park coming by 2021 I'm imagining the WW brand will catch up to SW even more. It's truly amazing how these two dwarf anything else out there.  

36 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I think The Cursed Child is best left alone as a play (even though we know WB did buy some domains online for it), or it'd need some heavy rewriting. I don't even know how it could work with Rickman gone, and Radcliffe, Watson & Grint being adults now, even with the magic of CG. 

WB should wrap up their Fantastic Beasts films before moving onto the Cursed Child. If they started around 2025, we would have had close to 15 years for original cast nostalgia to build up, the Potter kids will be in their mid-30s and more convincingly able to play their adult parent selves, and CG will be far enough along to de-age the OG actors where needed without looking goofy. 

Look at the improvement we have seen in CG actors from Tron Legacy or Terminator Salvation to the stuff that Marvel has been messing around with in Ant-Man/Civil War. Add almost a decade of improvement to that. 

Yeah, it has come a long way BUT, the thing is, every single one of those (including Westworld) has been very limited screentime. Let's consider ten years of progress on CG, there's still the problem that they would have to de-age them to kids, that hasn't been done before as far as I know, it's easier to do it when they're adults, but I just don't see how they can pull this off. Maybe use body doubles of kids that age, and manage somehow to restore them to their age during Prisoner Of Azkaban, while making it seamless enough that they can be onscreen for a long period of time.

I don't know. It's obvious WB wants to make those movies, but I can see J.K saying it's not a good idea, and I'm sure they have those concerns about the CG & everything. Rickman being gone though (unless you use another character that would have the same function, but it wouldn't be the same), it's a slippery slope once you start "reviving" actors onscreen using CG, very slippery. 

22 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The screenplay might sound awful, but West End show is meant to be absolutely incredible.

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It works really well as a play, you don't get what you see on stage from reading a script. 

• Like 1