grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

The statistics for this year's countdown

58 Lists were received, beating last year by 15 users. Best turnout to date.

156 Movies were nominated by the users

23 different movies got a #1 ranking on users lists

If your favorite movie didn't make the list - why didn't you vote? :P

giphy.gif

List

Number 25

Number 24

Number 23

Number 22

Number 21

Number 20

Number 19

Number 18

Number 17

Number 16

Number 15

Number 14

Number 11-1

Number 11-2

Number 11-3

Number 10

Number 9

Number 8

Number 7

Number 6

Number 5

Number 4

Number 3

Number 2

Number 1

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's what i live for. i count down the days to this thread every year so i can shit on other people's taste because i hate when other humans find enjoyment in life in the areas where I cannot.

The world needs mi amigo

• Like 2

Spoiler

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

aeSjZEq.png

OJnNN5W.png

2015 saw quite a few spy movies released including the returns of James Bond and Ethan Hunt, and most of them will be seen on this list as well. Man from U.N.C.L.E. was one of my favorites from last year for sure. This throwback to the Roger Moore era of Bond was both funny and told a good story throughout. The performances by Cavill, Hammer, Vikander and Debicki were uniformly good, and it was nice to see Hugh Grant in a movie after a long time. 

BOF User Reviews:

Liked it a lot. The dialogue in this was great (especially Cavill and Hammer's banter at each other) and was also hilarious at times. Ritchie nailed it in my opinion, pacing was perfect. The cinematography was very stylish as well, you can definitely tell this was directed by Guy Ritchie. Its very balanced between sticking to the material while not being taking itself seriously at the same time. 

Good spy movie fun.

A-

- BoxofficeZ

I really liked this movie, which surprised me seeing I don't like any of Ritchie's movies outside the Sherlock Holmes franchise. It had great comedy and action and man oh man, that soundtrack!

A

-ChD

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The statistics for this year's countdown

58 Lists were received, beating last year by 15 users. Best turnout to date.

156 Movies were nominated by the users

23 different movies got a #1 ranking on users lists

If your favorite movie didn't make the list - why didn't you vote? :P

giphy.gif

I voted and I am pretty sure Crimson Peak won't show up <_< That is the reason I made that small change in the top 3 when compared to the top I revealed 2 months ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

aeSjZEq.png

OJnNN5W.png

2015 saw quite a few spy movies released including the returns of James Bond and Ethan Hunt, and most of them will be seen on this list as well. Man from U.N.C.L.E. was one of my favorites from last year for sure. This throwback to the Roger Moore era of Bond was both funny and told a good story throughout. The performances by Cavill, Hammer, Vikander and Debicki were uniformly good, and it was nice to see Hugh Grant in a movie after a long time. 

BOF User Reviews:

Liked it a lot. The dialogue in this was great (especially Cavill and Hammer's banter at each other) and was also hilarious at times. Ritchie nailed it in my opinion, pacing was perfect. The cinematography was very stylish as well, you can definitely tell this was directed by Guy Ritchie. Its very balanced between sticking to the material while not being taking itself seriously at the same time. 

Good spy movie fun.

A-

- BoxofficeZ

I really liked this movie, which surprised me seeing I don't like any of Ritchie's movies outside the Sherlock Holmes franchise. It had great comedy and action and man oh man, that soundtrack!

A

-ChD

This is the Maze Runner of 2016. A great movie that I totally did not expect to show up here.

Spoiler

Furious 7

95l2AUF.png

LeycRmK.png

Probably the most entertaining movie of the year in terms of pure batshit crazy stunts. The storyline in this movie is pretty much non-existent but everything moves at such a fast (no pun intended) pace that the audience forgives most plotholes.

The movie was a phenomenon upon release, it broke the April OW record, the Easter OW record and has, to date, earned more than The Force Awakens did worldwide. But the thing the movie will definitely be remembered for more than anything else is the tribute to Paul Walker. Even in an action movie like this, they managed to make the audience feel a lot of emotion.

This song was robbed of an Oscar #OscarsSoWhite :P

BOF User Reviews

I know it sounds cheesy; literally everyone of the past three movies I've seen, I've declared the best movie of the year so far. However, I feel confident saying Furious 7 will break that streak. Wan takes the director's wheel and does absolutely everything right. Lucas Black has one scene, all the action is closer to Fast Five's "grounded craziness" while still feeling like they raised the stakes from 6, and everything involving Brian is perfect. For the last seven minutes, I was absolutely bawling. All the action is well shot, even if one scene kinda reminded me of a better one from M:I4.

Going into spoilerly details now, which I will tag even though this is a thread with spoilers allowed:

Reveal hidden contents
speaking about Paul. The entire ending is nailed perfectly and elevates everything that proceeded it. The F+F movies have always had heart to them, but that was utterly emotional and left me wrecked for about two minutes into the credits.

Basically, the movie is the best F+F yet and certain to be the highpoint of the franchise with the tragedy of Paul Walker. This is great blockbuster making, filled with so much fun and yet emotionally ruining you. I'm glad that this past week, I decided to take the ride, and this is the best capper to my week. It's one last ride of pure, well, Fast and Furious. There's not an adjective to describe this franchise, but it was well worth it. This film itself though, gets the first A+ of the franchise for me.

- Blankments

Loved It

- Dragon

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I could've sworn at one point you insisted these were stupid and you were never gonna vote. :lol: 

I had U.N.C.L.E. at #25 on my list... pleasantly surprised it managed to get in.

I sent a top 10 to save your movie, you fool :ohmyzod: I didn't even knew we could send a top 25. 

• Like 1

yeah I never saw #25, as least not yet and surprised to see #24 that low.  Not that it should be top 10 or anything, but I thought it was more well liked around here, is all 

but so far, I have zero complaints :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

Furious 7

95l2AUF.png

LeycRmK.png

Probably the most entertaining movie of the year in terms of pure batshit crazy stunts. The storyline in this movie is pretty much non-existent but everything moves at such a fast (no pun intended) pace that the audience forgives most plotholes.

The movie was a phenomenon upon release, it broke the April OW record, the Easter OW record and has, to date, earned more than The Force Awakens did worldwide. But the thing the movie will definitely be remembered for more than anything else is the tribute to Paul Walker. Even in an action movie like this, they managed to make the audience feel a lot of emotion.

This song was robbed of an Oscar #OscarsSoWhite :P

BOF User Reviews

I know it sounds cheesy; literally everyone of the past three movies I've seen, I've declared the best movie of the year so far. However, I feel confident saying Furious 7 will break that streak. Wan takes the director's wheel and does absolutely everything right. Lucas Black has one scene, all the action is closer to Fast Five's "grounded craziness" while still feeling like they raised the stakes from 6, and everything involving Brian is perfect. For the last seven minutes, I was absolutely bawling. All the action is well shot, even if one scene kinda reminded me of a better one from M:I4.

Going into spoilerly details now, which I will tag even though this is a thread with spoilers allowed:

Hidden Content

Basically, the movie is the best F+F yet and certain to be the highpoint of the franchise with the tragedy of Paul Walker. This is great blockbuster making, filled with so much fun and yet emotionally ruining you. I'm glad that this past week, I decided to take the ride, and this is the best capper to my week. It's one last ride of pure, well, Fast and Furious. There's not an adjective to describe this franchise, but it was well worth it. This film itself though, gets the first A+ of the franchise for me.

- Blankments

Loved It

- Dragon

This movie died on my mind during a re-watch. It doesn't hold up at all, IMO, except the legendary 5 minutes that will live forever. Furious 7 showing up here also assures Jurassic World isn't showing up at all so fuck this stupid dumb shit. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

This movie died on my mind during a re-watch. It doesn't hold up at all, IMO, except the legendary 5 minutes that will live forever. Furious 7 showing up here also assures Jurassic World isn't showing up at all so fuck this stupid dumb shit. 

:redcapes: 

I think JW has a decent chance at still showing up.

:ohmyzod: