grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

Spoiler

Inside Out

Co9EDXl.png

b38Kv4h.png

Pixar's return to form. This movie told a very relatable story for both parents and children while delving into the emotions behind the people as well. Audiences were only too happy to go along for the ride as well. Amy Poehler and Phyllis Smith did a great job as Joy and Sadness and Pete Docter continued his winning streak.

Oh, also.. Lava sucks.

BOF User Reviews

The first half was a little infantile and kind of boring except for the occasional laugh. The 2nd half was fantastic and one of Pixars best, incredibly emotional. Also the abstract thought scene was brilliant! Very reminiscent of Toy Story 3 in that I feel it affects my own way of looking at the world. When I saw Toy Story 3, I felt bad for all the toys I forgotten and tossed aside, inanimate as they were. Inside Out is just going to make me think that everyone has little voices inside there head and whenever an emotion becomes visible I'm going to dissect the cause. Weird but impactful upon me.

A- overall.

I was also appreciative of the credits scene where the emotions of many different characters were shown. It was a great scene to see inside other peoples head in the movie like the mother and father so it was great to see more of that.

-StarSaber

Just saw it!!! Wasn't being shown by any theatre in my city or anywhere near... but a close relative in another city (a young aunt) had undergone a surgery and since my Mom was going I tool the opportunity to ride along just so to see this movie (well the operation was successful so there wasn't much to be worried about for the aunt).

I loved it!! Really. I had been wanting to see this since it was announced. I had really high expectations which were further heightened after the awesome reviews. And it played up to my expectations!! A phrase i think will best describe and suit the movie, especially the second half, is - Emotionally Exhilarating. Plus superly imaginative too. The inner mind landscape was superb. Everything from Abstarct-thought area to dream productions scene was so imaginative and creative it was unbelievable. Bing Bong was a superbly created and highly lovable character. If it had been another studio he may have come across as very annoying, but Pixar made him a very adorable and funny character. The third half had quite a few tearful scenes and emotional scenes. Although I never really cried, I came very close, and a few tears did drop to be honest, at the last moment when sadness brought joy hand in hand with her to the control and Riley smiled faintly, still crying, as she was being hugged by her parents, which led to the formation of the mixed emotion ball. I'll give a better and fuller review later on when I get time. Btw, I watched it with my little brither who loved it too, even thiugh we saw it in English!

All in all a superb movie. Definitely A+

-Infernus

• Like 17

Man I haven't watched Creed because I missed a few Rocky movies, but I'm starting to think I should marathon all the Rocky movies and then Creed.

Don't do it to yourself. If you really want to watch Rocky, you should see the first and then Creed. Forget the rest.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

Inside Out

Co9EDXl.png

b38Kv4h.png

Pixar's return to form. This movie told a very relatable story for both parents and children while delving into the emotions behind the people as well. Audiences were only too happy to go along for the ride as well. Amy Poehler and Phyllis Smith did a great job as Joy and Sadness and Pete Docter continued his winning streak.

Oh, also.. Lava sucks.

BOF User Reviews

The first half was a little infantile and kind of boring except for the occasional laugh. The 2nd half was fantastic and one of Pixars best, incredibly emotional. Also the abstract thought scene was brilliant! Very reminiscent of Toy Story 3 in that I feel it affects my own way of looking at the world. When I saw Toy Story 3, I felt bad for all the toys I forgotten and tossed aside, inanimate as they were. Inside Out is just going to make me think that everyone has little voices inside there head and whenever an emotion becomes visible I'm going to dissect the cause. Weird but impactful upon me.

A- overall.

I was also appreciative of the credits scene where the emotions of many different characters were shown. It was a great scene to see inside other peoples head in the movie like the mother and father so it was great to see more of that.

-StarSaber

Just saw it!!! Wasn't being shown by any theatre in my city or anywhere near... but a close relative in another city (a young aunt) had undergone a surgery and since my Mom was going I tool the opportunity to ride along just so to see this movie (well the operation was successful so there wasn't much to be worried about for the aunt).

I loved it!! Really. I had been wanting to see this since it was announced. I had really high expectations which were further heightened after the awesome reviews. And it played up to my expectations!! A phrase i think will best describe and suit the movie, especially the second half, is - Emotionally Exhilarating. Plus superly imaginative too. The inner mind landscape was superb. Everything from Abstarct-thought area to dream productions scene was so imaginative and creative it was unbelievable. Bing Bong was a superbly created and highly lovable character. If it had been another studio he may have come across as very annoying, but Pixar made him a very adorable and funny character. The third half had quite a few tearful scenes and emotional scenes. Although I never really cried, I came very close, and a few tears did drop to be honest, at the last moment when sadness brought joy hand in hand with her to the control and Riley smiled faintly, still crying, as she was being hugged by her parents, which led to the formation of the mixed emotion ball. I'll give a better and fuller review later on when I get time. Btw, I watched it with my little brither who loved it too, even thiugh we saw it in English!

-Infernus

nice and now the top 2 are confirmed, just the order is left :) 

Edited by 75live

Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. Mad Max will win. 

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

Inside Out

Co9EDXl.png

b38Kv4h.png

Oh, also.. Lava sucks.

BOF User Reviews

A- overall.

-StarSaber

-Infernus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU AIN'T WINNING TONIGHT.

I won't be mad at the first time ever (in a year where there is no Nolan movie) at the number 1 choice. Congrats. We are improving guys!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, YOU AIN'T WINNING TONIGHT.

I won't be mad at the first time ever (in a year where there is no Nolan movie) at the number 1 choice. Congrats. We are improving guys!

yeah the top 10 was actually good this year and the top 3 especially