#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

From Excel at KJ:

No idea what to make of this number relative to opening day and the rest of the weekend. Potter 8 did 45m in 2011 dollars and only midnights. $40 million of the presales were for previews, so only adding another $15m in walk up business might be noteworthy for a film I suspected all along would dominate presales and sneak previews but be much more average with walk up business.

Despite massive previews, I think my prediction of $165m will wind up close than all of those $200m+ predictions. I suspect most everybody who really wanted to see it, well, already has.

I do think we are looking at one of the most frontloaded films in history, though, regardless of anything. I dont think WOM will be overly impressive and the geek rush here is unparallelled.

:lol::lol::lol:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Good Olive said:

Disney reports STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS earned an estimated $57M from Thursday evening shows, a new all-time...

Holy fucking hell, that's huge. It took the record back in fucking style. With similar ratio to Potter, we're looking at 120M+ OD and since this should be less frontloaded 125M+ should happen.:OMG:

• Like 2

47 percent of last night's record-breaking figure came from 3D sales, while IMAX accounted for $5.7 million of the haul (doubling the previous record of $3 million).

• Like 3