#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I was getting my flamethrower ready until I saw the Gods of Egypt numbers. :P

The hype is insane for God of Egypt. I saw a mass fight at a theater yeserday since all the tickets for 50 showing on previews already sold out. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Anyone trying to diminish this OD performance is insane. In the box office era we are in now, records are falling constantly due to better conditions than in years past. Every record breaker had it better than the one preceding it. And this not only broke records, it fucking shattered them! Moving on...

No diminishing it what so ever. Just some dissapointment for some but when you think about it, it shatter the old record by nearly 30M which is mind-bogginly to me. I don't see any movie getting close to the record. 

24 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Are we still pretending that a boxing match kept AOU from outopening The Avengers ?  Seriously?

Nobody is saying that but fight completely killed Saturday night. It would have been close enough to 200M without it and Disney potentially could have fudged it. TA1 was off the table once Friday came in lower than expected.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, druv10 Maul said:

No diminishing it what so ever. Just some dissapointment for some but when you think about it, it shatter the old record by nearly 30M which is mind-boggling to me. I don't see any movie getting close to the record. 

If it opened in mid to late July like Potter, we might have seen that 140+ projection come true. 

• Like 2