#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Watching the Grinch cartoon. Forgot the movie was #1 for 2000 and adjusts to $401 today without 3D. Crazy.

When I'd babysit my niece that was like the only movie she wanted to watch

20 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

If it opened in mid to late July like Potter, we might have seen that 140+ projection come true. 

Walkups would have been truly insane in summer but I'm not sure about 140M, that would have shattered the old record by nearly 50M. Man, I still can't my head around this 120M number. No movie did 100M before and this jumps all the way to 120M, unfucking believable. You're talking about potentially140M, holy hell.  

Edited by druv10 Maul

Just now, druv10 Maul said:

Walkups would have been truly insane in summer but I'm not sure about 140M, that would have shattered the old record by nearly 50M. Man, I still can't my head around this 120M number. No movie did 100M before and this jumps all the way to 120M, unfucking believable.  

To be fair this single day started at 7 PM on Thursday and ended at early hours on Saturday. In reality SW7 made low to mid 50s on Thursday and mid to high 60s on Friday.

4 minutes ago, rhsn said:

To be fair this single day started at 7 PM on Thursday and ended at early hours on Saturday. In reality SW7 made low to mid 50s on Thursday and mid to high 60s on Friday.

You're gonna have to come to terms with the way things are done. It's not changing. If you go down this road with TFA you'll have to do the same with other blockbusters that benefitted from the same.

Edited by ecstasy
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Wait, Rogue One is a prequel?

D'oh.

Yep. It's about how the Rebels acquired the Death Star plans before the events of ANH. There's been rumors that Vader might be in the movie; though it would probably be in a small role.

Still, the good will from TFA should get it over 100m OW and finish around the 350m mark.

• Like 1

Just got out of my second viewing.  Audience was obviously more subdued than my 7pm preview but still felt energetic afterwards.

I had two days (today and tomorrow) back in Nashville to see my friends I haven't seen in almost a year but instead I went solo to a matinee :ph34r:.

• Like 4

If that report about the highest presale days being Thursday, Friday, and Christmas Day is accurate, I think that would bode well that projections aren't being as skewed as yesterday.

Regardless, it's my birthday tonight, so I'll be drinking and hoping for that $70+M Saturday. :P

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 8