#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

12 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

MY PREDICTION WAS 243M. IT WAS 243M ALL ALONG GUYS. YOU ALL BOUGHT IT. EVEN TELE. EVEN TELE BOUGHT IT. EVERY DAMN ONE OF YOU WERE MADE FOOLS OF. BUT I HAD TO DO IT. EXCEL MADE ME DO IT. 

Our new Imperial Speechifier

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

You may have said this already, but it did set the OW admissions record, correct?

Don't have my spreadsheets for another few hours, but given the splits, it would take something disastrous to miss it (everything goes down).  240M should be >23.0M tickets.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Don't have my spreadsheets for another few hours, but given the splits, it would take something disastrous to miss it (everything goes down).  240M should be >23.0M tickets.

Does this include the $60 marathon showings from Thursday?  I don't know how widespread they were, but they might have done big in major cities.

Edited by Tubes

4 minutes ago, Rth said:

Yesterday initial est 63-65 being to conservative, let’s see if Sunday is too conservative..or not,  atm go with 54-57m, which high end would be inline with high  DL had this morning from other sources.

Dead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rth said:

Intl some Sunday +/-

FRA +21%

AUS -1%

UK/ITA -2%

NZ -8%

GER -14%

SPN -23%

I've been saying all along it would drop less than 20% today.....my actual prediction was that it would fall between 15-18%.  I think I could end up being right.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

You're taking this far too personally. And you're also being quite hypocritical, considering I didn't put a single word into your mouth. I know you weren't saying Marvel wasn't better than SW (an opinion you could have and I wouldn't give a shit about), I was just stating that the OT was more influential on the quick wit of TFA, than Marvel. And you disagreed. That's it. You are making this a lot bigger deal than it is.

I never disagreed and don't disagree with that. For some reason you made it about which one was more influential than the other in terms of wit when I was just saying it seemed that there may have been a bit of Marvel influence. That's it and this is still not remotely a big deal. All good. 

• Like 1