#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

7 minutes ago, Rth said:

for now going to stick with number had from earlier today 125-130m, same range DL had as low end earlier and I think now as well  , great if does end up going higher, 

FYI  that  early matinee number reported by THR (based on  a theatre sample) going into eve hasn't  gone up by much (which you expect to a degree given it includes presales, it always a case  what type of effect it has)

Thanks. So that would be around $70m daily business and the record for Fri (excluding preview) is still in play? The walk-ups haven't been insane, it seems.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How is Sisters going to increase next weekend? There's too many new releases.

Not to mention another comedy with Daddy's Home(and judging by the previews I use that term lightly)

• Like 1

Just now, DAR said:

Not to mention another comedy with Daddy's Home(and judging by the previews I use that term lightly)

Another thing that'll hurt Sisters is that Daddy's Home is something you can take the whole family to, Sisters you can't.

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

If it sticks, 125-130 is amazing still.

It doesn't matter what it gets at this point, it's amazing. It's going to obliterate the OD record.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Way higher than that. No way this movie is going to tumble tomorrow. That is its first prime family day, and families love this franchise. I think +20-25% minus previews can happen. 

We are talking enormous numbers regardless. Families also love Christmas shopping and traveling on this Saturday/Sunday every year. Curious to see how it goes. 

• Like 2

Just now, grey ghost said:

What the record for a movie trailer on YouTube?

I think the Star Wars Teaser: Official two videos are at 97 million views + Parody at 12 million. 

There is no real record, just SW7 has 3 trailers over 72 million views.

SW7 trailer should suprass JW 78 million view  record for a single video of a trailer by the end of this week. 

• Like 1