#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

8 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Finallyc caught up. What a night. What a performancef or the ages.

Potter....check

Jurassic ....check

Sights now fixed on Pandora

I'm still spoilers free with only 13 more hours to go!!

So did decide what theater your going to?  I have to wait until Sunday for my second showing. 

22 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Deadline projects 245 mill OW with the friday number they have. 

Not bad.... Not bad...

Haha incredible for Dec debut.  But does it have the magnificence to get Oscar buzz and keep getting folks into theaters?  Fmpro that's the big question. 

27 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

You have to beat jp and Cameron's titanic first before Pandora.  Meaning legs. Lol 33 buddy not so fast.  I see why they made sense so short.  It had the best shot to Korea owned and single day feats. 33legend buddy I'm watching it next week, but like my friends we refuse to support it twice because  of the disrespect to original trilogy. 

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. 

• Like 2

DHD upgraded to 125-127M+ (+!!).  70M dream is still alive.  Maybe 130M as well.

The top 10 films as compiled by Deadline’s Amanda N’Duka as of 11:47PM.

1). Star Wars: The Force Awakens (DIS), 4,134 theaters / $125M-$127M+ Fri. /3-day cume: $251M-$255M /Wk 1

2). Alvin & The Chipmunks: The Road Chip (FOX), 3,653 theaters / $4.1M Fri. /3-day cume: $14.2M /Wk 1

3). Sisters (UNI), 2,962 theaters / $5M Fri. /3-day cume: $14M /Wk 1

4). The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 (LGF), 2,653 theaters (-998) / $1.6M Fri. (-52%)/$3-day cume: $5.5M (-52%) /Total cume: $254.2M/Wk 5

5). Creed (MGM/New Line/WB), 2,433 theaters (-1,069) / $1.4M Fri. (-53%)/ 3-day cume: $4.9M (-52%)/Total cume: $87.5M /Wk 4

6). The Good Dinosaur (DIS), 2,755 theaters (-851) / $1M Fri. (-55%)/3-day cume: $4.2M (-59%)/Total cume: $96.4M/Wk 4

7). Krampus (U/Legendary), 2,371 theaters (-548) / $1.2M Fri. (-53%)/3-day cume: $4M (-53%)/Total cume: $35M/Wk 3

8). In The Heart of the Sea (WB/Village Roadshow), 3,103 theaters (0)/ $1.07M Fri. (-72%)/ 3-day cume: $3.6M (-67%)/Total cume: $18.6M /Wk 2

9). Dilwale (UTV), 268 theaters / $575K Fri. /3-day cume: $1.8M /Wk 1

10). Spectre (SONY/MGM), 1,225 theaters (-1,415)/ $380K Fri. (-66%)/3-day cume: $1.5M (-64%)/Total cume: $193.9M /Wk 7

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 9

final friday tally (anchorage, ak)

sellouts: 29

Showings: 81

there are still 7 showings to go today but 5 of them are sold out, and the other two do not have advanced seating and are also unlikely to sellout in advance.

pretty epic friday, 5 less confirmed sellouts than the thursday previews while also have nearly 25 more showings.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

Haha incredible for Dec debut.  But does it have the magnificence to get Oscar buzz and keep getting folks into theaters?  Fmpro that's the big question. 

Its amazing yes.. But Oscars mmmmmmm no... But it has the potential to play strong and have great legs

29 minutes ago, Kalel009Shel said:

You have to beat jp and Cameron's titanic first before Pandora.  Meaning legs. Lol 33 buddy not so fast.  I see why they made sense so short.  It had the best shot to Korea owned and single day feats. 33legend buddy I'm watching it next week, but like my friends we refuse to support it twice because  of the disrespect to original trilogy. 

post-33537-Jim-Carrey-Truman-Show-gif-wh

• Like 7

1 minute ago, B J said:

final friday tally (anchorage, ak)

sellouts: 29

Showings: 81

there are still 7 showings to go today but 5 of them are sold out, and the other two do not have advanced seating and are also unlikely to sellout in advance.

pretty epic friday, 5 less confirmed sellouts than the thursday previews while also have nearly 25 more showings.

I stopped tracking Friday sellouts at ~1PM.  Got to 217 sellouts and 1017 shows.  That's twice as many sellouts as anything else before and I couldn't even track into the evening like with other films.

Don't want to work you too hard, but hows Saturday looking, whenever you get the time/desire.  :D

• Like 1

7TH UPDATE & WRITETHRU, Friday,11:55 PM: Industry analysts currently see Star Wars: The Force Awakens with an opening day record of $125M-$127M+ en route for an all-time opening of $251M-$255M, calculated from midnight tickets sales on both the east and west coast. To put Fans Line Up To Watch "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" In New York CityForce Awakens’ opening in perspective, consider the following:Disney made $100M from the film in just 21 hours at 1PM PST; an amount that most successful tentpoles open to in a 3-day weekend. By Sunday, Force Awakens will beat or come close to beating the entire domestic runs of the last two Hobbits which were released over the last two Decembers— The Desolation of Smaug ($258.4M) and The Battle of Five Armies ($255.1M). It took Jurassic World five days to cross $250M. Domestic all-time grosser Avatar which opened during this frame back in 2009 to $77M and ended its stateside cume at $749.8M, took 12 days to clear $244M. However, that was during the pre-historic days of digital and 3D cinema. When Avatar opened there were 3,100 RealD screens in the U.S./Canada, now there are 14,000 with the vast majority of them playing Force Awakens.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

if these estimates stick I see nothing close to SW7 until inflation kicks in

most will be lucky to reach 225m ow

Does Episode 8 have any chance ? Or will it be another sequel not meeting high expectations. 

8 minutes ago, spizzer said:

I stopped tracking Friday sellouts at ~1PM.  Got to 217 sellouts and 1017 shows.  That's twice as many sellouts as anything else before and I couldn't even track into the evening like with other films.

Don't want to work you too hard, but hows Saturday looking, whenever you get the time/desire.  :D

Af of now Saturday looks like

Sold Out: 21

Showings: 80

If it follows the same trajectory as Friday we should be able to confirm another 5-10 sellouts. Unfortunately the only showings with reserved seating left that are not playing it in 3D are either sold out or the remaining seats suck.

• Like 2