#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Of course it's incredible. But it's also likely playing on 5,000 more screens than SM3 and 6,000 more than TDK. One wonders what they would have done with a 2015 screen count. 

Sm3 be the same as if it had spillover it  was not apparent in future holds.

TDK would do quite better 

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

:D Laser was very good. I can't remember if you told me if you've seen a movie in Laser, but the 3D is the best around. There was some cool shots (one in particular got the crowd oohing and aahing), but it didn't add a ton.

I saw Martian there but obviously no 3D or 4:3 scenes.  Otherwise it was pretty awesome, brighter than their old projector.

I might have to do this in both.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

That would be true in terms of becoming a pop culture icon, but how many roles will Hollywood write for a robotic football/RdD2 amlagam? :)

I expect a Bb-8/R2D2 buddy road trip trilogy to be announced any time.

10 hours ago, grey ghost said:
1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

DHD reporting OW is in the $251m-$255m range... JAW HITS THE FLOOR.

It went up ?

oh God someone please fix this quotation system it doesn't allow me to delete a qoute in the reply 

Edited by hasanahmad

Question for those of you who know: why would George Lucas renounce all of this completely? He could've easily still retained the rights to SW but allow JJ and the writers to steer the franchise into something separate from the PT. I mean, just because he has the rights doesn't mean that he cannot allow anyone else to build this new chapater of the SW saga. Not that he needs the money or anything, but couldn't he just let JJ do their thing while still owning the property? I am not saying, "OMG, why did George Lucas abandon us??"; I am just curious about his selling the property. Would it be such hard work for him just to sit back and rake in the more money while JJ did the heavy lifting? 

Edited by Cochofles