#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

I am confused if we are talking 120 million for Friday, why is 300 million not the projection? The only comp that makes any sense to me is Jurassic World. With 120 million on a Friday, TFA will tip over 300 million for OW. I predicted 250 million, but why is 300 million not being discussed seriously? Sunday drop due to football? December myth again? Front loaded to to fan boys? 

1 minute ago, Lestranger said:

I am confused if we are talking 120 million for Friday, why is 300 million not the projection? The only comp that makes any sense to me is Jurassic World. With 120 million on a Friday, TFA will tip over 300 million for OW. I predicted 250 million, but why is 300 million not being discussed seriously? Sunday drop due to football? December myth again? Front loaded to to fan boys? 

Because 57M from Thu is part of that number.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Not as.cute as.Jar Jar :ph34r:

Yeah...I don't think Jar Jar is that bad of a character..

He did at least help some of the main characters in the movie.

I can understand why people would hate the character......i don't understand why people would hate him massively as much as they did. :huh:

Wonder what the movie would have been without Jar Jar?

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

So it barely beat JW for the true Friday record. 

PRE - $57m

FRI - $63.5m

SAT - $68m

SUN - $54.5m

$243m weekend 

This is what I expect and after the reaction to this movie I think episode Viii will break the 250-300 barrier 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

So it barely beat JW for the true Friday record. 

PRE - $57m

FRI - $63.5m

SAT - $68m

SUN - $54.5m

$243m weekend 

Sunday maybe too high in that scenario. But $240m range seems about right, Friday day business dare I say is somewhat meh now FROM EARLIER YESTERDAY predictions (so people don't freak out since its obv a fantastic # regardless).

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Can we stop with the fucking spoilers in this thread.  There are at least two threads.  Please show some common courtesy!!!!!

I am not seeing any spoiler right now. Can you report them please? I will delete them if I know where they are. 

1 minute ago, Lestranger said:

120.5M is Thursday previews combined with Friday business of 63.5M.  It would have to jump up near 90-100M (50-60%) on Saturday to hit 300M for the weekend, which won't happen.  

57.0M Thursday

63.5M Friday

65-70M Saturday

55-60M Sunday

240-250M weekend for now. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Fuck you, guys, take this shit to the spoiler thread, please.

Alright, easy now. I understand your frustration but is BB8 really a spoiler? He's in the trailer and clearly as many of our sig's and profile pics. We just said it's name, not what it does or anything.

• Like 5