#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Just now, shruth said:

predictions for next week? Im gonna say its gonna have Avatar's drop of 3% and make around $238m next weekend. I also think its gonna be hitting $35m each week day so thats gonna be $245 + $140m + $238m. It's gonna be at $623m domestic by the end of next weekend.

Lol lay off the happy juice.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, blackspider said:

Was the east coast storm in 2009 during Avatar's OW finished by Sunday? That 3% drop is insane.

Yeah I think so, but we got a shit ton of snow that winter.  I think it snowed Christmas weekend too, I saw it on that Sunday and I think it had just snowed a bit again the day before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shruth said:

predictions for next week? Im gonna say its gonna have Avatar's drop of 3% and make around $238m next weekend. I also think its gonna be hitting $35m each week day so thats gonna be $245 + $140m + $238m. It's gonna be at $623m domestic by the end of next weekend.

lol.gif

• Like 7

Worldwide opening will surely go down too... It needs to make up what, $8m? UK is already looking like it will add an extra $1-2m with actuals, domestic should increase by a fair bit and then there's the rest of the world... 

And that's without China. Boom. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shruth said:

It had $57m in Thursday previews this weekend. Assuming $245m weekend actual means $188m earned from Friday to Sunday. Your $238m prediction for next weekend would require an unprecedented 26.6% increase from this weekend's business. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

Facts about avatar 

avatar made money because it was supposed to act as the rebirth of 3D in theaters. Avatar was a 3D showcase and made a lot of money becsuse it was made for 3D. Now that nearly everyone avoids 3D , avatar 2 will not even come close to the original because the gimmick is dying . Now when people realize the story is ok and no one cares about blue aliens the sequel will flop in comparison 

First 500m flop in history.

AOU will then be second biggest

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Even though the Trevorrow hate is a little over blown and I think he'll make a decent SW movie...

I wouldn't be mad if Trevorrow got fired and replaced with Brad Bird.

Holy shit please no. Keep Bird away.