#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's a huge number, but I will be pretty surprised if it doesn't go up past 60 at least. 

60m would be hard to do. Many theaters will not stay open after midnight. There are curfew laws and laws how late someone under 18 years old can work. 

• Like 1

Strong start to the sequel trilogy! JJ Abrams, Kasdan and co. did a fantastic job. Applause all around. It was by far my least favorite JW SW score but that was to be expected (given JW's decline in quality over the last 2 decades). This film was better than each of the prequels which is a big relief! Can't wait for Ep8!

• Like 2

Yeah I don't see how the forums are going to function at all during peak hours tomorrow. Especially when a lot more frequent number updates happen. Is there anyway to temporarily improve it? Maybe disable pictures/backgrounds this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

That would be crazy but everything points to crazy with this movie.

Hopefully @Rth will stop by and let is know if 'crazy' is describing what he is seeing

I want to see insane numbers!

I'm wondering if VIII and especially IX will be able to match the hype (and numbers) of VII.

1 minute ago, Clef Ment said:

I want to see insane numbers!

I'm wondering if VIII and especially IX will be able to match the hype (and numbers) of VII.

I don't see how.  Maybe IX if they build up the trilogy to a grand finale

• Like 1