#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

22 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Yes but it will be more pronounced under these circumstances. And there won't be an eventual Episode 10 that's an enourmous hit, it's going to come out in like 7 years and do run-of-the-mill blockbuster numbers

You really think it's gonna come out just 3 years after Ep 9?

I think they'll do it in 2027, on the 50th anniversary of Star Wars, and yeah it won't do run-of-the-mill numbers.

• Like 2

Well, I'm not surprised it fell by about 10-15%.   In fact, I bet GiantCalBears $25.00 on it.  I'll pm you my address GCB.  You can send it out this week. :)

• Like 12

Avatar fell 33% on its first Monday.  I think SW could come close to that.  So if it does 60 on Sunday, with a 35% drop, it would do 39 mill.  But let's not get ahead of ourselves.  This is a glorious weekend for box office.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Slightly revised...

OW: 251m

1st week: 107m

2nd weekend: 122m

2nd week: 80m

3rd weekend: 70m

Total after 3rd weekend: 630m

Total domestic: 788m

Dude, it isn't dropping over 50% the second weekend. I don't care how big the OW is. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Slightly revised...

OW: 251m

1st week: 107m

2nd weekend: 122m

2nd week: 80m

3rd weekend: 70m

Total after 3rd weekend: 630m

Total domestic: 788m

At this point, I'll guarantee you it makes 800 million.  Star Wars will get at least a 3.25X.  

6 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Dude, it isn't dropping over 50% the second weekend. I don't care how big the OW is. 

baumer don't think so - I don't think so

10 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

poor kal

Ozy buddy....lol, the power of Cameron will assure you that Star Wars doesn't pass Avatar.  You'll see, I was speaking with Dean by celly and he was telling me that the line ups for Star Wars are mildly exaggerated.  It won't last long this hype.  Also heard on ABC radio that Avatar 2 is tracking a 300 mill OW, and we're still two years away. :o  You guys are all funny, Star Wars is no match for the one true God, JC (James Cameron).

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That Mendelson douche at Forbes has been bagging on the film all weekend for frontloadedness. About to be served a nice piece of humble pie. 

I almost made a Forbes account so I can teach him few lessons but it's not worth it -_-.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

That Sunday puts a sub 40% drop in play for next weekend. Yes I'm being totally serious. WOM is insane for Sunday to do that and Xmas is on a Friday. 

I disagree about it being a sign of WOM. I'm not saying WOM is not good, it certainly is but like i have been saying, spillover plus an inflated Sunday will do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I disagree about it being a sign of WOM. I'm not saying WOM is not good, it certainly is but like i have been saying, spillover plus an inflated Sunday will do that.

I definitely agree with you about the spillover.  Demand for this film is out of this world at this point so people are obviously going to be seeing it on the first three days.  However, I don't think you can discount WOM also at this point.  There are many people, like me and 75live and Ijack and so on, who have already seen it 2-4 times.  That is WOM and it helps create awareness.  So I agree with you....from a certain point of view.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Ozy buddy....lol, the power of Cameron will assure you that Star Wars doesn't pass Avatar.  You'll see, I was speaking with Dean by celly and he was telling me that the line ups for Star Wars are mildly exaggerated.  It won't last long this hype.  Also heard on ABC radio that Avatar 2 is tracking a 300 mill OW, and we're still two years away. :o  You guys are all funny, Star Wars is no match for the one true God, JC (James Cameron).

Heehe yea baumer bud lol... trustme real world isnt impressed with SW like they were for titanic and avatar, sw will fade out fast. james cameron made people depressed that pandora wasn't real no way sw can match camerons power... titanic and avatar are the greatest movies ever and worlds greatest feat of cinema at bo lol.  sw will finish at 630domestic and james cameron will retain crown.. never have i seen any so loved as titanic and avatar and their awesome power, its like world stood still and forgot all its problems for months during titanic avatar runs.  sw has mixed wom, wont be repeat viewings as it disrepects original trilogy.  already there are fan sites popping up saying to boycott the film as well.  :o  lol baumer buddy no1 can and ever will be james cameron

• Like 8