#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Well TPM boosts things but as a triology the prequels were bigger then we remember them as

Rough Tickets sales Trilogy 

SW prequels: 196 million
LOTR: 186 million
SM: 178.5

Shrek: 165 million

TDK: 164 million

POTC: 160 million
TF: 145 million

So of course LOTR and SM  for consistent performance. 

50 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So, how many days to a billion?

49 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Domestic or WW?

(If domestic than never)

you are correct. Alvin will never get to a billion

SW7 on the other hand will get there on Easter sunday. 101 days with a big fat disney push

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Well TPM boosts things but as a triology the prequels were bigger then we remember them as

Rough Tickets sales Trilogy 

SW prequels: 196 million
LOTR: 186 million
SM: 178.5

Shrek: 165 million

TDK: 164 million

POTC: 160 million
TF: 145 million

So of course LOTR and SM  for consistent performance.

Bah, the The Phantom Menace was so mega hyped.  Nice to see LOTR ahead of everything else though. B)

• Like 1

MODERATION: I want to thank everyone here for making this a successful weekend thread. We had 1-2 hiccups regarding spoilers but for the most part everyone did a good job! 

UNPINNED...On to Monday.

• Like 18

Just now, K1Rey said:

My friend wants to see it tonight and we were planning on going for 7 but damn it's nearly sold out.......

im really beginning to think -15% drop, 50m, is going to happen with these reports

everyday will be scrutinized for weeks

where's Rth Vader. Any hints? Mon prwediction thread get started or what?

giddy up!

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

My point is to say the Prequels were huge, so SW remained popular very very popular 

Of course the prequels were popular. In fact I'm positive that most of the general public just looks at the prequels as lesser SW films, and not some abomination like the internet would have you believe. 

In hindsight, we all should have seen this weekend coming. JW was a good indicator. That was a continuation, after quite a gap, of an older franchise with a new installment. Like SW, the first JP is fondly remembered and the newer ones not so much. Nostalgia played a huge role in JW capturing the opening weekend record. TFA has several advantages, though. The built-in fan base is way larger.  Years of Clone Wars cartoons have brought in younger fans, and older fans that were kids when the original movies came out in the late 70's / early 80's pre-date JP. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

For Monday posters reported sell-outs and 3h lines for the timeframe before midday

Say what? I'm talking where I live. I know what's been reported. Heck I've been reporting on the lines with the tweets in case you didn't notice. Wasn't expecting it where I live. There we 0 sell outs except for preview day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, doublejack said:

In hindsight, we all should have seen this weekend coming. JW was a good indicator. That was a continuation, after quite a gap, of an older franchise with a new installment. Like SW, the first JP is fondly remembered and the newer ones not so much. Nostalgia played a huge role in JW capturing the opening weekend record. TFA has several advantages, though. The built-in fan base is way larger.  Years of Clone Wars cartoons have brought in younger fans, and older fans that were kids when the original movies came out in the late 70's / early 80's pre-date JP. 

we did see it coming. 50% of the forum predicted 230m or higher

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

im really beginning to think -15% drop, 50m, is going to happen with these reports

everyday will be scrutinized for weeks

where's Rth Vader. Any hints? Mon prwediction thread get started or what?

giddy up!

Whoa Nelly... settle down, it's not even 3pm on the west coast yet. :lol:

• Like 3