#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

The fact that Jurassic Worlds opening weekend MIGHT be within 10 million of SW:TFW(if it does 215 OW) just shows how amazing and surprising JWs opening weekend number was. TFW is/was expecting that... but JW just came out of NOWHERE.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Darth Homer said:

It's true. There was no reaction in my audience to BvS either. Dead silence at Lex's "jokes".

Same, no reaction at all to any of Batman V Superman. Not even the trifecta shot. Sold out IMAX crowd. 

There also wasn't a reaction to Civil War though. There definitely was to Deadpool (surprising, people were cheering as soon as he showed up on the screen) and KFP3 though! 

1 minute ago, Cookson said:

The fact that Jurassic Worlds opening weekend MIGHT be within 10 million of SW:TFW(if it does 215 OW) just shows how amazing and surprising JWs opening weekend number was. TFW is/was expecting that... but JW just came out of NOWHERE.

No Sw7 opening is not it's full potential at all dude.

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Same, no reaction at all to any of Batman V Superman. Not even the trifecta shot. Sold out IMAX crowd. 

There also wasn't a reaction to Civil War though. There definitely was to Deadpool (surprising, people were cheering as soon as he showed up on the screen) and KFP3 though! 

I don't know why people obsess over trailer reactions. I sat in numerous theaters in the lead-up to TDK and the trailer reaction every time was dead silence. BVS will make a shitload of money whether anyone here likes it or not. There was a comedy called The Change-Up a number of years ago that got huge laughs every time I saw the trailer in theaters. Massive flop.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

It's taken care of. :)

Future notice: Please try not to post any spoiler of any kind please in this thread.

Especially HUUUUGE spoilers about the last shot of the movie.

I have tickets for tomorrow morning and avoided all spoilers for the entire week only to discover the final shot of the movie in this thread.

Wtf?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dan9 said:

Somehow The Good Dinosaur increased yesterday?! 

disney always does that, i actually wanted to put something around a 20% drop for TGD on The Derby, but I decided to go with 36~37%

Average prediction is probably way too low, I'll be very surprised if TGD doesn hold well this weekend.