AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Guys, can anyone tell me what the crawl opening was saying? I couldn't read because I was yelling at an asshole filming everyone reaction with his camera's flash on. Fucking disgusting.

Edited by Goffe

5 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Guys, can anyone tell me what the crawl opening was saying? I couldn't read because I was yelling at an asshole filming everyone's reaction in with his camera flash on. Fucking disgusting.

Luke Skywalker is missing.

The Empire has re-established itself as The First Order.

General Leia has dispatched the best fighter pilot in the resistance, along with his trusty BB8 droid, to deliver an important something to someone.

I can't really remember but i'm sure it will be online somewhere.

Edited by stuart360
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

they hyped up captain phasma a bit too much. what a nothing character that turned out to be. literally like four scenes of just standing around. it's like the bobba fett thing of 'cool costume and nothing else' but x10.

i feel bad for all the ppl that went crazy about her..

if they see her in the movie..

tears man.. tears

It was good but like all of JJ's movie felt like a remake of the past. I didn't like that rey suddenly went OP at the end for no reason and the fact that there is little context for anything provided. World building is definitely needed in the next film, they destroyed the capital of the republic and this is ignored for the rest of the film, that's like somebody nuking DC then ignoring it. Driver was the best of the new cast and Finn was kind of a joke. hopefully 8 is mindblowing and new because this is simply a remake of ANH

Edited by boomboom234
  • Like 1

I'm not trying to stir things up, but did anyone got a gay vibe from Finn? the scene where he asks if Rey has a boyfriend and the one where his "friend" dies in his arm, causing him to rebel against the new order made me come to this conclusion.

If that's the case, I'm pleasantly surprised by how it was handled, very subtle for a big tentpole.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Goffe said:

I'm not trying to stir things up, but did anyone got a gay vibe from Finn? the scene where he asks if Rey has a boyfriend and the one where his "friend" dies in his arm, causing him to rebel against the new order made me come to this conclusion.

If that's the case, I'm pleasantly surprised by how it was handled, very subtle for a big tentpole.

I didn't pick up on that, in fact it felt that he likes Rey a lot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

No he super wanted to bone Rey.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, boomboom234 said:

It was good but like all of JJ's movie felt like a remake of the past. I didn't like that rey suddenly went OP at the end for no reason and the fact that there is little context for anything provided. World building is definitely needed in the next film, they destroyed the capital of the republic and this is ignored for the rest of the film, that's like somebody nuking DC then ignoring it. Driver was the best of the new cast and Finn was kind of a joke. hopefully 8 is mindblowing and new because this is simply a remake of ANH

Was that the capital? lol
Yes, those descending and ascending shots (which there were tons of in AOTC) were indeed missing. They were awesome and really established the state of the galaxy. 

vlcsnap-2014-06-13-21h24m12s213-300x127.

vlcsnap-2014-06-16-19h09m18s248-300x127.

vlcsnap-2014-06-26-14h15m24s27-300x127.j

Those shots were truly relevant to the overall flow of the older films. In this one they just suddenly are in one place before even going there. 

And the ways the characters were presented in this new one is also very confusing. Remember meeting all these cool characters Darth, Leia, and Luke through C3PO and R2D2? In this one the characters are presented very randomly. We don't get to know people through the eyes of other people. 

Edited by Amadeus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Rallax said:

Why else would he ask this?

the way he worded it made me think it was like a gay man would ask a woman such question. Plus, I didn't get any romantic feeling between the two in the film, just a mutual friendship.

Maybe I'm wrong, I was super distracted to pick up on details, people were constantly screaming at screening. Or maybe it was the subtitles idk