AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Well, no one trained annakin and yet the force was with him. However, there's an obvious difference in Rey as she used to be the force and had a duel with an experience fighter and yet did it with no suppose training. It would make more sense that either she's Luke's daughter and received training, or she was just a stranger and got training from like with the other young Jedi potential kids. Perhaps she was the sole survivor of the school (assuming Kyle ren killed the rest?)

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

She isn't just force sensitive, she has used it before and she has a raw grasp of it.

She also has Luke's sabre calling to her.

She has also seen Luke's island and the water.

She has some kind of connection to Luke.

Nothing you guys have said makes me think she is not his daughter.....too much points to her being.

I will admit, her touching the sabre and it calling to her makes me think it's his daughter. 

And if that's the case, who could her mother be? Dead? With the sith? Or out there alone having her memory erased like Rey?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

She isn't just force sensitive, she has used it before and she has a raw grasp of it.

She also has Luke's sabre calling to her.

She has also seen Luke's island and the water.

She has some kind of connection to Luke.

Nothing you guys have said makes me think she is not his daughter.....too much points to her being.

Was Yoda s force powers explained ?

Obi Wan s ?

Palpaltine s ?

Darh Maul s ?

The hundreds of Jedis in the prequels ?

Can't you just be Force sensitive and not be a part of Skylwlaker s family tree ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ChiSoxRox said:

I'm an astronomy major, so probably overthinking this, but also fitting the entire star within a planet is violating physics. The star seemed like a pretty normal Sun-type star -- meaning it's going to have thousands of times the mass of the planet. Fitting the whole star inside the Starkiller Base is like trying to fit a lake inside a watermelon; you can't compress that much mass into that small of a space without changing the matter you're working with. At best, shoving a solar-mass star inside the base gives you a white dwarf, Han and Rey and everybody get smashed into subatomic particles, and the movie's over. At worse, black hole and they find Matthew McConaughey in a bookshelf.

But yeah, Rule of Cool is in play with shooting a frickin' star in a frickin' laser beam.

And that's why you need the Oscillator... *cough*

There's a lot of people who think Rey could be turned to the dark side, but I just don't see it. Only have 4 hours left really to tell the whole story, doesn't seem like enough time.

with that said, I did find it intriguing now that when I look at the poster, Rey is positioned perfectly like ren so his red sabre looks like she's holding it.....

2 hours ago, rustyspoons89 said:

My thoughts exactly... They used up 2 suns in this movie alone! Doesn't that throw off the gravitational pulls? Wouldn't they be left careening through ice cold space with no sun to orbit... No sun to provide light for their trees and warmth. 

If I remember correctly, gen. Hux mentioned that the target (Hosnian Prime) is a system far away from the base. I am guessing that this is an interstellar weapon, able to hit targets far away (although portrayed rather poorly). 

Besides, there are probably two hundred billion stars in the galaxy. Using just two or three or ten is acceptable in putting fear on the rest of them in their calculation I presume.

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Yes you can, Futurist, but they give a lot more hints than just her force abilities.  

So what happened then, Rey had a memory loss (Fast & Furious' plot), she had her memory erased by someone with the Force ?

And what s up with the Skywlaker's parenting (ok Padmé was dead and Anakin turned into Vador), abandoning their children all the time ?

What s Luke s excuse ? He went into depression because his nephew turned to the dark side ?

As an abandoned child himself, Luke thought not giving his guidance, wiseness and knowledge of the Force to his daughter Rey was such a good idea ?

Where s/who's the freaking mother ?

The video game supposedly confirms the daughter s theory.

• Like 1

During the vision scene I swear at the very end I can hear Obi-Wan say, "Rey... Follow in your father's footsteps."

And then Rey mutters Luke after Maz says, "Whoever left isn't coming back.  But there's someone that could."  Like she let a tragic memory relapse for a second.

Her father has to be a force user of some kind (most likely Luke), even if Luke didn't raise her before she got left on Jakku.

• Like 2

I've explained this several times, I realize it's a big thread...so one more time.

Luke trains a new breed of Jedi.

Leia wants Ben trained.

Luke, assuming he has a child, wants her trained too.

Ben turns to the dark side, seduced by Vader's memory

He forms the Knights of Ren.

He takes out all the Jedi, with the exception of Rey and obviously Luke

Luke holds himself responsible, thinking he could train Jedi like Yoda, fails and decides that like Yoda and ObI Wan, he must seek exile.

He fears for his daughters life and that she too might have her grandfather's tendencies.

He erases her memory.  How?  I have no idea, I'm not Lawrence Kasdan.

He takes her to Jakku and drops her with Plutt.  He helps raise her and keeps an eye on her.

She is also probably watched over by Tekka.....he tells Poe that he has seen too much, he is also on Jakku and he obviously knew Ben as a young boy.

Plutt is the one holding her hand when she is young.  She looks to be about 4 or 5, which is old enough to have Jedi training.

Kylo/Ben would be strong with the force no doubt, but if Rey had any training as a youngster, she would probably have more natural ability because of who her father is.

Also, the awakening is her ability with the force.

When Kylo tries getting the map from her head, he awakens it in her.  He can't get it out and she can now get into his head and realize that he is a scared, petulant kid who so desperately wants to be Vader, but isn't that strong and probably won't be until he kills his dad.

She has been using elements of the force all through the movie, like maneuvering the Falcon, like Anakin did in the pod race.

When she is in Maz's basement, that sabre calls to her.  Also, Kenobi's voice does say something like follow your father's footsteps.

Maz asks Han, "Who's the girl?"  I think she has an idea who she is.

And Luke, according to Snokes is the last Jedi left.  So if that is true, then she has to be someone's kid or kin.  

All roads lead to her being Luke's kid.

Even the look at the end when Luke sees her, it kind of looks like he is shocked that she is there, but he knows her and the force told him that eventually she would complete her destiny.

• Like 5

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

I've explained this several times, I realize it's a big thread...so one more time.

Leia wants Ben trained.

Luke holds himself responsible, thinking he could train Jedi like Yoda, fails and decides that like Yoda and ObI Wan, he must seek exile.

He fears for his daughters life and that she too might have her grandfather's tendencies.

He takes her to Jakku and drops her with Plutt.  He helps raise her and keeps an eye on her.

She is also probably watched over by Tekka.....he tells Poe that he has seen too much, he is also on Jakku and he obviously knew Ben as a young boy.

Plutt is the one holding her hand when she is young.  She looks to be about 4 or 5, which is old enough to have Jedi training.

Kylo/Ben would be strong with the force no doubt, but if Rey had any training as a youngster, she would probably have more natural ability because of who her father is.

When Kylo tries getting the map from her head, he awakens it in her.  He can't get it out and she can now get into his head and realize that he is a scared, petulant kid who so desperately wants to be Vader, but isn't that strong and probably won't be until he kills his dad.

She has been using elements of the force all through the movie, like maneuvering the Falcon, like Anakin did in the pod race.

When she is in Maz's basement, that sabre calls to her.  Also, Kenobi's voice does say something like follow your father's footsteps.

And Luke, according to Snokes is the last Jedi left.  So if that is true, then she has to be someone's kid or kin.  

Even the look at the end when Luke sees her, it kind of looks like he is shocked that she is there, but he knows her and the force told him that eventually she would complete her destiny.

You going to be adding more stuff by the time the next movie comes out.

• Like 1

I didn't like how Benny Renny and a few stooges killed every single other prospective Jedi. Felt like too much of a total reboot.

Now if a few survived and went to cover while waiting for a sign to re-emerge, that I could deal with better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Leia wants Ben trained.

I could see all of this happening and being true......I just feel like there's gotta be something JJ is gonna throw in there that shocks us for a twist.

• Like 2

Just now, K1Rey said:

There's a lot of people who think Rey could be turned to the dark side, but I just don't see it. Only have 4 hours left really to tell the whole story, doesn't seem like enough time.

with that said, I did find it intriguing now that when I look at the poster, Rey is positioned perfectly like ren so his red sabre looks like she's holding it.....

She will turn the to dark side and Kylo Ren will turn to the light!  And they fight each other til Ren kills Rey.  Ending the darkness forever!

1 minute ago, Klingo said:

She will turn the to dark side and Kylo Ren will turn to the light!  And they fight each other til Ren kills Rey.  Ending the darkness forever!

Or it could be Rey killing ren, Rey going to the dark side and fin vs Rey be the final showdown.

13 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Leia wants Ben trained.

Don't forget Kylo's throaway line when he sends troops scouring Hangar 718 (?) for Rey - somehow he thinks/realizes that the longer Rey is running around, the stronger she becomes with the Force.

I hope Kasdan is not painting himself into a corner here. Good thing is he still got two sequels worth of floor space to paint on.