AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Just now, Klingo said:

Every system has a weakness.  Even a Deathstar or StarKiller.

Wars can be won by super weapsons or just overwhelming numbers.

I bet if the empire used all the resources for the death star to build more star destroyers, no way rebels would have won. 

16 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

My friends favourtie part...

Was when the Admiral Ackbar character  lookalike talked.

We could not stop laughing... We just wanted him to say its a trap! 

That was admiral ackbar. same actor and everything.

• Like 2

Just now, K1Rey said:

This.

they should of gotten rid of the Death Star and made it about getting Rey back. They could have had the fighter pilots still fight as a distraction for Han and fin to get in. But despite it it never took me out of the film cause the Death Star was an after thought anyhow.

Destroying Deathstars or Starkiller base is nothing now.  Doubt there is anything bigger.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

After watching the movie, my friends who are casual SW fans had the biggest nerd argument over how to build a fail proof death star.

Our idea is equipping Star Destroyers with smaller lasers that can easily destroy ships or cities.

Why destroy a planet / 

Probably doesn't have enough power to destroy planets yet.  Cities and ships yes they can do that.  But no planets.

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Wars can be won by super weapsons or just overwhelming numbers.

I bet if the empire used all the resources for the death star to build more star destroyers, no way rebels would have won. 

Well then we can easily state that building more destroyers is far better than building carriers which cost more in manpower and resources.  Yet it has significance in terms of firepower and status.  A deterrence if you will.  Having many fleets is good but not the same fear factor as destroying a planet.  And rebels have their own fleets as well.  How many we don't know.  But they have shown to beat them in Battle of Jakku for example in fleet vs fleet action.

41 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

That's my biggest gripe too.

Upon the second viewing it didn't seem important though because it almost feels like a background narrative to the main focus on Rey.

I hope i'll like it more after second viewing on 30th.

On 12/27/2015 at 1:00 AM, Cmasterclay said:

Seriously, by the standards of Frozen and Harspoke, who HAS had an onscreen death in a movie lately? Outside of Marion Cottliard's horrific death in TDKR, I can barely think of any examples of major characters in blockbuster films having concrete, definitive death scenes by this ridiculous standard. He got stabbed through the heart with a lightsaber. He's deader than dead. 

Though I will say, debating whether Han is dead is 100000000x times better than listening to people complain about how "weak" Kylo Ren looked without his mask. 

Why?it's completely valid. I'm surprised more people don't bring it up.  Kylo fell apart for me after that happened. A very weak villain. 

28 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Also, if it's powered up by the sun until the sun is gone, wouldn't that leave the planet in sub degree temperatures, meaning everyone on the planet would die? 

Not only that, but it would basically be one and done right?  

Definitely a JJ thing. 

47 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

So he's weak because he has a face?

yep, remember how silly Hannibal Lecter was without the faceguard.   You can fight the facts.

42a831f4ad139af05f901f259dbbf798.jpg

:P 

Edited by 75live

Just now, K1Rey said:

Also, if it's powered up by the sun until the sun is gone, wouldn't that leave the planet in sub degree temperatures, meaning everyone on the planet would die? 

The planet has the power of the sun within.  Hence its heated.  And its still cold there.

• Community Manager
42 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

When the Second Death Star blew up, the fragments from the Death Star should have wiped out life on the moon of Endor. All those cute little Ewoks should be as dead as the people in District 12 in the final Hunger Games movies.

• Like 2

Just now, Darth Water Bottle said:

When the Second Death Star blew up, the fragments from the Death Star should have wiped out life on the moon of Endor. All those cute little Ewoks should be as dead as the people in District 12 in the final Hunger Games movies.

Trying to remember if they burned up.