AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Not anymore. The Darth Plagueis novel is technically decanonized, though apparently a few bits from it have been used in other New True Canon material so far.

This is so confusing. :kitschjob: Besides the 6 movies, what else is canon? The two animated TV shows? And how do you know all of this? Do you buy everything Star Wars related?

Btw, if that is decanonized, they CAN justify Anakin's birth on a new way.

15 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

So if Sidious/Palpatine killed Plagious in his sleep then how exactly is he still alive?  Palpatine says the irony is that he can create life, save it, but not his own.  So it would be a big stretch to say he is Plagious.  

That's assuming Plagueis didn't manipulate Palpatine and faked his own death.  There are references to Plagueis in the new canon novels, and he was supposed to be able to foresee the fall of the Republic and the New Empire.  It's entirely possible, that foreseeing this and knowing there needed to be a sith after Palpatine's death, he made Palpatine think that he killed him, and then went into hiding to watch everything play out.  

I also don't see how Snoke could be anybody else.  Palpatine is definitely dead, Vader is definitely dead, and VII is only 30 years after Return of the Jedi.  The rule of two pretty much ensured that Palpatine and Plagueis were the only two sith until Palpatine "killed" Plagueis.  Snoke is very ancient (as was Plagueis), and is described by Kylo Ren as "wise", which is exactly how Palpatine describes him in the opera scene.

I also don't think it would have made Luke or Anakin a puppet.  I think Plagueis intended that family line to be his puppets, but Vader turned back to the light at the end, and Luke obviously never turned to the dark side.  There's also no other real explanation for how Anakin was born and how his line is so powerful with the force.

There's just so many parallels from the little we know about Snoke, that it just fits.  I'd say it fits even better than Rey being Luke's daughter.

• Like 1

Just now, CJ Ren said:

This is so confusing. :kitschjob: Besides the 6 movies, what else is canon? The two animated TV shows? B

The 6 movies, the two animated TV shows, and every book, video game, etc created and released after the official date the New Canon Era began.

And how do you know all of this? Do you buy everything Star Wars related?

Hell no. I learned from that mistake many years ago after I got way too many of the post-ROTJ novels and realized a lot of them were shit. The Star Wars wiki can be useful you know.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The 6 movies, the two animated TV shows, and every book, video game, etc created and released after the official date the New Canon Era began.

Goddammit, I didn't see Clone Wars nor do I see the new one. The books are not even edited in Portugal. Is there a place where I can find this sort of info? :kitschjob: I guess Battlefront is canon, lmao. I can't wait for the open-world single player Star Wars game being made by Visceral. 

EDIT: Wikipedia? :lol:

2 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

What if it's Sidious and he cloned himself before he went onto the death star in ROTJ

Doesn't look like Sidious, his theme is different, and people complained about there being another desert and snow planet, calling it unoriginal.  Imagine if JJ literally just brought Sidious back as the big baddie again?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

Unless he's lying to us, Andy Serkis said that Snoke is a new character. 

And Cumberbatch said he wasn't Khan. And Christoph Waltz said he wasn't Blofeld :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

But Dark Empire was the comic series that brought back the best villain ever!!!

hUsq7.jpg

Because of course he wasn't dead :kitschjob: Just like Darth Maul wasn't dead either :kitschjob: