CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Credibility is very much like beauty, it's in the eye of the beholder thank you very much!

Coming from the guy who swore to no ends that Football was going to cause TFA to have a terrible Sunday?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

If this actually increases, I may need to be institutionalized due to shock.

If it does, I just want to say everyone have a good Christmas, Boxing Day, Kwanza,  New Year, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Boxing Day, Kwanza,  New Year and whatever holidays you may celebrate in your respective countries, because I'm not sure when the forums recover.

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

No doubt.  My favorite runs that I have been able to follow closely:

1. The Force Awakens

2. Titanic

3. Avatar

In a class of their own since I've been following.

I remember the countdown to Shrek 2 going below 1M dailies was pretty amazing for an animated movie back in the day

Can someone post reasonable dailies through Sunday?  I see > 150M for the weekend seems reasonable, but I'm not quite so sure of Tues-Thursday expectations.

Pretty amazing to have
Day 1 (Fri) > 100M

Day 2 (Sat) > 150M

Day 3 (Sun) > 200M
Day 4 (Mon) > 250M
Day 5 (Tue) > 300M

Day 6 (Wed) > 350M 

Obviously it ends there (it'll be close on day 6), but a heck of a run of milestones on a daily basis

Edited by tidbit
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

Coming from the guy who swore to no ends that Football was going to cause TFA to have a terrible Sunday?

I also was banging the drum on Mayweather Pac having a huge effect on AOU when many didn't want to hear that and projections were higher. Win some lose some. In a counter point since this movie is skewing male, Monday's hold (which I have been saying all week would be very nice) shows without last minute shopping & NFL Sunday could have been even bigger. 

I didn't realize a 20-22.5% SUNDAY drop was terrible btw, clearly you don't follow the BO close enough or you are just misinformed about what's terrible.

Edited by GiantCALBears

32 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

No one (credible) on this site had anywhere near the Monday total, & this is is quite an optimistic group here. Monday did 2/3 of Friday day business. That's just not possible at this level lol.

I was screaming 57m+ then 40m from the rooftops when deadline said 48m sun then 30m monday.

And I'm credible  even when I'm bullshitting :D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, setna said:

I think it´s too early to confirm this run will be as shocking in terms of legs as Avatar, only 4 days...

I agree.  But the crazy thing is if it gets half of Avatar's legs it gets to 1.250 billion domestically.  I don't think anyone has allusions that it will stick with Avatar's legs (do they?-lol).   But the more it stays somewhat competitive with some of the drops/increases the more 1 billion domestic becomes reality.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

I also was banging the drum on Mayweather Pac having a huge effect on AOU when many didn't want to hear that and projections were higher. Win some lose some. In a counter point since this movie is skewing male, Monday's hold (which I have been saying all week would be very nice) shows without last minute shopping & NFL Sunday could have been even bigger. 

I mean, obviously Saturday and Sunday could have been bigger if there were no NFL or shopping.  But both don't seem to have effected it majorly, people planned Star Wars into their days.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Only lost 4m due to fight. Was going to miss 200m either way. Sunday number confirmed that. It was frontloaded with OD  hype

1 minute ago, setna said:

I think it´s too early to confirm this run will be as shocking in terms of legs as Avatar, only 4 days...

It doesn't need Avatar legs. What it's early run does show that it should have very good legs at least. This is more about reaching $1B dom, which will require amazing legs for an opener this size.

• Like 2