baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

For me, my number is 865 million.  That gives it a 3.5X coming off a record setting opening weekend,.

If it passes that I'll be stoked.  

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, 515m by the end of Sunday, around 675m by the end of Jan 3, for a 850m or so finish, sounds reasonable to me. Anything over that is just icing on an already fabulous cake. Don't know what superlative to use to describe a +900m gross.

Edited by The Stingray
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

So, what are the odds of it breaking the non-opening Wednesday record. Currently Transformers has it with $29.1 million. To beat that TFA would have to drop less than 22%. Is that realistic?

I would say it's a fact

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

So, what are the odds of it breaking the non-opening Wednesday record. Currently Transformers has it with $29.1 million. To beat that TFA would have to drop less than 22%. Is that realistic?

See the thread title, the early estimates for Wednesday are already way higher as the old record = $36-38m

Even in case it's overestimated, in no way it is such extremly overrated that it won't break said record (barring a catastrophy of really big proportions)

arrg, edit: mixed up Tuesday with Wednesday.... happens repeatedly to me based on living in another time zone

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

See the thread title, the early estimates for Wednesday are already way higher as the old record = $36-38m

Even in case it's overestimated, in no way it is such extremly overrated that it won't break said record (barring a catastrophy of really big proportions)

The thread title refers to Wednesday? I thought it's for Tuesday.

In the UK, TFA dropped only 30% on Monday from a record shattering Sunday, and increased 1% on Tuesday. Made $18m in those 2 days, equivalent of over $100m in US.

Almost $70m in 5 days here, already breaking the 7 day record of $64m set by Spectre.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 11

Looks like all three of the big theaters here in town are dropping In The Heart Of The Sea this weekend.

If that happens nationwide, it could have an enormous theater count drop.

We could be looking at yet another record this weekend!!!

Edited by kitik
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ajipon said:

The thread title refers to Wednesday? I thought it's for Tuesday.

I edited it rather fastly I thought, I mixed the days up, here it is already after midday of Wednesday (~14:00), so sometimes I forget it's way earlier in the US = another day

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heretic said:

In the UK, TFA dropped only 30% on Monday from a record shattering Sunday, and increased 1% on Tuesday. Made $18m in those 2 days, equivalent of over $100m in US.

Almost $70m in 5 days here, already breaking the 7 day record of $64m set by Spectre.

really????

then, skyfall it´s really at sight...great!!!

16 minutes ago, kitik said:

Looks like all three of the big theaters here in town are dropping In The Heart Of The Sea this weekend.

If that happens nationwide, it could have an enormous theater count drop.

We could be looking at yet another record this weekend!!!

Can't imagine it will beat VF's -93% crash from this past weekend. But it may not even be hitting a 2x multi if it's getting dropped hard this weekend. 

The age of the epic blockbusters and epic bombs is certainly upon us. 

• Like 1

Avatar....as most of us have said now....is a mathematical certainty. A billion is the "stay on target" number. I don't think it will get there....but its going to be a helluva ride.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

So what is the all-time Tuesday record? Wednesday and Thursday? 

Tuesday: Jurassic World ($24m)

Wednesday: Transformers ($29m)

Thursday: Transformers 2 ($29m)

All of them are non-opening days. If we look at every Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday:

Tuesday: The Amazing Spier.man ($35m)

Wednesday: Twilight: Eclipse ($68m)

Thursday: Revenge of the Sith ($50m)

Edited by peludo
  • Like 3