baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

3 hours ago, CJ Ren said:

Just like with Jurassic World, all I want here is for Star Wars to pass Avatar (in Jurassic World's case, it was The Avengers).

I always like the better movie to win the box office battle. In the cases you mention, Avengers was clearly a better movie than Jurassic World, so it is regrettable that JW did surpass it at the box office. It was a shame that Avengers didn't best Avatar as well. Among those three films, it is easily the best. 

And, as SW7 is also a lot better than Avatar, it will be consonant with a better universe if SW7 passes Avatar.

Edited by SteveJaros
  • Like 3

Just now, SteveJaros said:

I always like the better movie to win the box office battle. In the cases you mention, Avengers was clearly a better movie than Jurassic World, so it is regrettable that JW did surpass it at the box office.

On the other hand, SW7 is a lot better than Avatar, so it will be consonant with a better universe if SW7 passes Avatar.

Opinions...everyone's got them

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

I always like the better movie to win the box office battle. In the cases you mention, Avengers was clearly a better movie than Jurassic World, so it is regrettable that JW did surpass it at the box office. It was a shame that Avengers didn't best Avatar as well. Among those three films, it is easily the best. 

And, as SW7 is also a lot better than Avatar, it will be consonant with a better universe if SW7 passes Avatar.

You say that but Avatar was an cinematic experience. For most it will be their first good 3D live action film that immersed people into it another world. Outside of that its just a decent film. I enjoyed Avatar more in theater than Force Awakens but I will probably enjoy TFA at home more than I would Avatar.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

People have last-minute Xmas shopping to do, ie it will drop 13%.

Stingray, I've looked at your avatar a couple times and thought what a fitting picture for what TFA and star wars fans feel like right now. Yee-hah! No doubt

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Yeah, we are well past that stage. Whats left to reboot anyway

Lets see

Jaws

Herbie the love Bug

Roy Rogers vs buck rogers

The MafiAvengers: Godfather vs Goodfellas

Popeye

Micky Mouse live action

Mary Poppins and Sound of Music remakes plus sequel followed by reboots

Rocky and Rambo: A love Story

54 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You guys are helping prove how big repeat viewings are in these drops. Can't be alone w/ all the really passionate fans out there.

Saw it once in the original language, will watch it again earliest 28 December, when I'll have finally enough time to drive to a cinema and also enjoy it releaxed enough.

Don't underestimate the family members involved in Christams preperation, send the children with dad / mom,... into the cinema whilst wrapping presents or do other things where the children are not wanted / needed. Plus visits...

Here nearly all neighbour countries do not speak our language, a lot of people tend to take vacations in those countries = at least some of those on vacation (in my stae today was the last day of school), will watch it for the first time after their return = usually ~ 2 weeks X-Mas school holidays here. I am pretty sure that will be the same for at least some of the US population too.

No questions: repeat viewer make a certain percentage, but do not underestimate the people without the time, energy, or nerves to stand in line....

38 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Me and Tele just made a bet.  I say it drops 5% or less....he has it at 17%, the middle number here is 11%.  Whoever is closer is declared the winner and the loser will donate $25.00 to the site towards the 2016 goal.

Much to learn you still have, Tele.

Hmmm maybe other users here should take that as an example for their arguments?

Like take a bet, the looser pays for an account for himself/herself or for the winner for one month or two, or donates.

Might help with the costs. Since it's the traffic that causes them to be so high, those often endless discussions are a reason too for them being that high, or?

26 minutes ago, doublejack said:

I do not buy it. The numbers, 57M in previews and 63M on Friday, do not support that claim. There are physically just not enough seats to be sold for a movie to make $100M in a 24 hour period, unless a film is on something like 5 or 6 thousand screens.

I think your calculations are wrong, see AMC reaction about 30% more ticktes would have been possible during OW via reserved seatings.

The 19h report was not only by Deadline, the source usually correct as far as I remember

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yes.. This.. I'll definitely be careful.. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have a separate thread for VIII to post SPOILERS??

We'll talk about it.   For right now VIII spoiler go in the VIII thread spoiler tagged

35 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Sooooooo...ED, whaddya say?  

13 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

WTF. I don't gamble. :ph34r:

I'll take the middle... although I'm expecting it to hit right about there.

• Like 1