Dementeleus

Wednesday Star Wars TFA ACTUALS - 38,022,183

I am still missing around 8 pages nearly at the beginning (will read that later...), but beside those I've read up all daily / weekend thread since the SW 7 release. More time-consuming than I thought (but I did (+ still do) work too and other stuff, might be the main reason I am not a 100% up-to-date

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Killimano3 said:

Avatar must be the movie with the most forgotten lead out of any massive film. I mean sure some huge movies don't have the most memorable lead actors but seriously I don't think there was a point when anybody recognized Sam Worthington for his role lol

What is Sam Worthington up to lately? Isnt he in the new Suicide Squad movie?

I'm so tired of all of this Star Wars talk. Aren't there any other films out right now? What about the new films coming out tomorrow? Now that TFA had a day where it didn't break any records, can we just move on? Thank you!

J/K

Continue...

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamajagala said:

Per fandango, most theaters in LA, NY, SF, San Diego, Seattle seem to be keeping the same screen times as previous day. Most reserved seating are pretty full. Might not see an avatar 32% Christmas eve drop.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Sub 25 % it shall be

25 minutes ago, Ash Skywalker said:

FINALLY!!!
The wait is almost over. I'm going to STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS tomorrow(3D) 1:50 PM

You guys really did a great job with the spoilers, Thank you all. I wanted to see it in 2D first, seems like i have no choice. 

16 Hours to go!

I totally agree, so much thanks to the mods this week for being awesome on the spoiler front.  GREAT policies and GREAT execution of them.  I was so worried I wouldn't be able be able to follow the box office while having to wait till Saturday to see the movie.  Someone like ASH is still spoiler free- great job to the forum and the mods on that one! :bravo:

Have fun Ash- you will have such a blast

• Like 12

7 hours ago, tokila said:

The big winner (besides Disney) is Fandango(and other online presale sites). Not only did they rake in a ton of cash with all the presales, but now many people liked how convenient it was and will do it more often in the future. Many of them would not have tried it if not for the "if you want a seat better pre buy" Hype for TFA.

I say this because the theater was packed tonight, but the box office line was small. That tells me people are still pre buying, the difference is now it is just a day prior once they lock in plans with people. 

Yeah it is so much better buying tickets on fandango than waiting in line. I don't think I will ever go to another big movie without them again. I think the first time I used it was The Avengers or The Hunger Games.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Thor 3 is not going to be ready for a May release. 

Perhaps the new Spider-Man then? It's technically Sony not Disney but since they're doing the crossover I'm sure they could get them to do it. It's supposed to come out in July, so you think it would be ready by early May?

1 hour ago, Baumer Fett said:

What a silly sentence...not a record.....well no fucking shit lady does it sound like I'm ordering a pizza?

Of course it's not the best Wednesday of all time, movies have opened on a Wednesday before...but as WE ALL KNOW, this is the best non opening Wednesday of all time.

This company is a monster (in Deputy Girard's voice)

I can't remember important thing much of the time. I know I have watched to many movies too often when I knew that was the die hard and the fugitive in an instant

• Like 1

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Perhaps the new Spider-Man then? It's technically Sony not Disney but since they're doing the crossover I'm sure they could get them to do it. It's supposed to come out in July, so you think it would be ready by early May?

I'm not sure I think they start filming around the same time. The last thing a Thor sequel needs is to get rushed for release.

GOTG2 starts filming in February

http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-filming-date/

Spider-Man and Thor 3 start filming in June

http://collider.com/spider-man-reboot-thor-3-filming-details-revealed-by-kevin-feige/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

I'm so tired of all of this Star Wars talk. Aren't there any other films out right now? What about the new films coming out tomorrow? Now that TFA had a day where it didn't break any records, can we just move on? Thank you!

J/K

Continue...

image.jpg

It did break the non-opening Wednesday record... in a big way

Open Road:
Spotlight         $251,318     -9%     825     $305       $23,568,792

Atlas:
A Royal Night Out         $714     +1%     3     $238       $227,902

• Like 1

$180.5 million ($569 million)

$120 million ($834 million)

$65 million ($944 million)

$50 million/$64 million ($1.034 billion)

$28 million ($1.074 billion)

$20 million ($1.104 billion)

$11 million ($1.120 billion)

$10 million/$12 million ($1.137 billion)

$6 million ($1.145 billion)

$4 million ($1.150 billion)

130m+ tickets in its initial release... whoa

40 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

1B domestic locked? 

It's looking like 750m by Jan 3 with a 100m+ weekend and not a lot of competition.  At some point the demand will show some burn but it will be too late

It's a lock in my opinion. In other words. I'd bet money on it and give odds

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

I totally agree, so much thanks to the mods this week for being awesome on the spoiler front.  GREAT policies and GREAT execution of them.  I was so worried I wouldn't be able be able to follow the box office while having to wait till Saturday to see the movie.  Someone like ASH is still spoiler free- great job to the forum and the mods on that one! :bravo:

Have fun Ash- you will have such a blast

Thank you very much :) 

Really should thank Mods and even our members they bared with us during this time with the policies and supported the forum greatly. 
I'll keep updated with The #'s here. 

• Like 5