South Korea
$10.0M - ROTS: $10.3m

Sweden
$8.7M - ROTS: $7.7m

Poland
$6.3M - ROTS: $4.3m

Comparing to Episode III...

32 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So the international drop between Tuesday and Wednesday was -7.55% (41.3M / 38.4M)

source: https://twitter.com/giteshpandya

From Monday to Tuesday it was -1%. Still, pretty good holds, but I don't think these are Avatar-level holds for the Foreign box office! Really hard to compare though, we don't have such numbers available for Avatar.

edit: It's opening in Greece today (Dec 24), so expect a softer drop.

Cyprus, India and Pakistan open on December 25

It's pretty much keeping pace with Dom.

OS reported 14m last wed. So Thursday thru Sunday OS was only 3% bigger than dom OW (thur-sun). The hold in OS is amazing. It equates to domestic doing 37m on Wed when comparing weekend to wed.

How does everyone think this effects Rogue One? Will it make it bigger due to how well recieived TFA is or will Star Wars hunger be satisfied?

If Rogue One features Vader prominently in the marketing and build up, I expect it to do at least $180 million OW and $575 million total. 

If Vader isn't in the movie (or plays a small role) I expect a much smaller return of about $135 million OW and $440 million total.

Keep in mind they've already said there are no Jedi in the film and if Vader or the Emperor aren't in it there won't be any Force users at all!  

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Final gross right...

Looks to double overseas.

Yes, the figures I gave are the totals from BOM.

The current ratio is 47/53. Asuming 1 billion DOM you would get 1.127b OS without China. Asuming 150-200 from China, you get 1.275-1.325 billion OS. So nearly x3 from ROTS.

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

It's pretty much keeping pace with Dom.

OS reported 14m last wed. So Thursday thru Sunday OS was only 3% bigger than dom OW (thur-sun). The hold in OS is amazing. It equates to domestic doing 37m on Wed when comparing weekend to wed.

Consider that some countries don't have this week as a holiday. It's even bigger.

Looks like OS minus China could be at 1b-1.2b as well.

China the wild card.

7 hours ago, Shaldun said:

Seriously though, don't cinemas close earlier too for Christmas Eve ? They do in France at least. They'll do very little business in the evening anyway.

59 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

All movies have a big drop on Christmas Eve here, because theaters close early and most people are doing something special with their families.

My theater has 10 shows after 7

5 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

While "adjusting for inflation" is not the only way to measure a film's impact, I think it's a good way to respect and honor the accomplishments of past films in different eras. Otherwise, you end up thinking Shrek 2 was a bigger film than Star Wars on its first release or something like that. It may be somewhat useful as well to divide cinema into two eras, like an older film era, and modern era, which the dividing line being somewhere in the early 1980s when people could start to buy movies for home viewing. After that, it really changed the game. You didn't need to go to the cinema to see a movie anymore. You could wait to see it at home. That clearly makes a big difference in people's viewing habits. 

I understand the desire to try to compare apples to apples but just using inflation as an adjustment is not any more valid.

Movie habits have changed and somehow you would have to take that into account if you truly want a idea of what BO an old movie would do if released today.

• Like 1

Vader has to be in Rogue One for it to be anywhere close to huge. I'll probably be proven wrong, but it ain't doing $150m OW without him, and maybe not with him. It's still December, and RO is a spinoff, not a continuation of the main saga. Still one of my most anticipated (maybe #1 now) of next year.

• Like 2

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Vader has to be in Rogue One for it to be anywhere close to huge. I'll probably be proven wrong, but it ain't doing $150m OW without him, and maybe not with him. It's still December, and RO is a spinoff, not a continuation of the main saga. Still one of my most anticipated (maybe #1 now) of next year.

At this point any Star Wars related movie will be HUGE. It's more than just a spin-off of a movie, it's a spin-off of a cultural phenomenon.

• Like 1