druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Just now, vc2002 said:

Only 45-50m Fri? Clearly a sign of crumbling.

its also possible that while CMAS is a big day at the Box office it has a cap built into it that no other movie has reached. Meaning, there are alot of people who go out and see movies on CMAS almost as a tradition, but there might be alot of people who would NEVER go to a movie on CMAS day. If we have a larger than expected % increase Sat over friday this theory would be confirmed. 

• Like 3

I'm crossing my fingers that estimates will go up from here later tonight.  Plus, rth didnt say "looking like 45-50" he said, "Maybe they meant 45-50?"

His thoughts on where it might be landing might not be that range exactly 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

$4M seems like a rather fine start for Concussion, a not exactly inspirational sports drama. The budget was only around $30M so it should turn in a decent profit in the end.

Still poor and it proves that Will Smith's drawing power, is pretty much "gone" at this point.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

$4M seems like a rather fine start for Concussion, a not exactly inspirational sports drama. The budget was only around $30M so it should turn in a decent profit in the end.

I thought $30M is what Fresh Princess is asking for these days. They got really lucky with the crew volunteering, I guess.

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Everyone was saying 55M and now everyone will say 45-50M isn't disappointing? C'mon now :lol: 

Using expectations to color box office and painting a huge number as bad because it didn't meet them? Clutching my pearls in non-shock. I'd love to teleport some of you back to the 90s.

$45-50M on a single day will never be a bad number. That's a whole lot of moola.

• Like 2

West coast is just getting started too where it's been strong so far. I see it finishing in either the high 40s or early 50s. But demand is eventually going to die down from crazy numbers especially when you have strong weekdays like that. I mean the movie was performing like it would on the weekend during the weekdays. I guess we'll see, I never saw the $170-$190 second weekend talk as possible. Who knows where we'll end up though.