druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

60 degrees?! Brrr, I hope you're wearing your parka and gloves.

Earnestly? With 15°C and sun I'll drive buying groceries in a T-Shirt and, if its windy too, also an open zip-jacket or...

Hubby'd wear more, one of the neighbours would be in shorts

‘Star Wars’ Sales “Single Handedly Saved” Q4 For Wall Street Forecasters

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redfirebird2008 said:

$70m domestic IMAX so far. Took Avatar 19 more days to reach that number. Looks like TFA will beat that record as well. I think Avatar ended up around $120m domestic IMAX. 

That's awesome.  40M following OW, I wonder if it managed to stay above 20M this weekend.  Is this from DHD?

at work, there were ~150 people queuing up to go into a showing of star wars. some guy leaving a showing as he walked past this line, yelled at the top of his voice,

Spoiler

Mod Edit: Spoiler removed

never wanted to punch someone so much... it's one thing to spoil it on the internet to some random people who may or may not go see the movie at some point. it's a WHOLE other thing to actually yell it to people as they are literally going into the movie.

• Like 3

Guys, Tele drinks half double decaffeinated half caf with a twist of lemon and he has breakfast at 5, lunch at 9AM, dinner at 2 pm and then goes to bed at 7 and talks about the glory years when stagecoaches delivered his mail.

Of course he finds 60 degrees to be arctic like weather.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

at work, there were ~150 people queuing up to go into a showing of star wars. some guy leaving a showing as he walked past this line, yelled at the top of his voice,

Hidden Content

never wanted to punch someone so much... it's one thing to spoil it on the internet to some random people who may or may not go see the movie at some point. it's a WHOLE other thing to actually yell it to people as they are literally going into the movie.

You can't post stuff like in here Tree...not even if its hidden....please take it out

• Like 1

Looks like the new estimate is 149M.

Due entirely to the mind-boggling performance of Star Wars: The Force Awakens which generated $149 million domestically in its second weekend and $540.3 million to date —  the quarter is up 9.4% vs the period last year. That has “erased all concerns” that total sales will fall short of the consensus forecast before the quarter began of +11%, says MKM Partners’ Eric Handler.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-box-office-sales-saved-q4-wall-street-forecasts-1201673516/

• Like 2

Just now, Baumer Fett said:

You can't post stuff like in here Tree...not even if its hidden....please take it out

I dont understand why not? It is spoiler tagged. I am not breaking any rules.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yes it's from Deadline. $19m for this weekend. 

Cool. So 20-21M from weekdays, but over 5M average per day, then 6.3M average for the weekend and only down ~22% from the OW minus previews.  About 12.7% IMAX share for the weekend.

Hope we get a 3D split as well, it was already only 28% last weekend and it should have dipped even lower now.

2ND UPDATE, MONDAY AM PT: With actuals now in for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the international cume has risen to $550.3M. That’s with an increased offshore weekend of $136.9M versus Sunday’s projected $133.3M. It also narrows the week-to-week drop to 51% after a frame crowded with Christmas festivities and cinema closures in some markets, including the UK, the leading ex-U.S. play. The New Year’s frame doesn’t come with the same diversions and thus should see steady play and pick-up. By way of a comp, at the same time in its run this summer, Jurassic World had grossed $584.4M with $164.4M from China. The Force has a wide berth ahead of it with no major releases in the coming frame which will propel it towards its own highly-anticipated China bow on January 9. The film’s premiere was held in Shanghai last night and signs are pointing to Disney’s having done a bang-up job of prepping the terrain. More international updates to come in the overall report.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-daddys-home-mojin-devil-angel-peanuts-international-box-office-results-1201673407/

International numbers went up

• Like 8

Tree:

There is a no spoiler policy in all threads for SW....all spoilers are to be put in the spoiler thread and the spoiler thread only....even hidden content.

1 minute ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

I dont understand why not? It is spoiler tagged. I am not breaking any rules.

Not allowed in the BO daily/weekend thread, if the rules see the first post of last weekend still apply.

It worked since then, a lot of people are thanked for that.

Spoiler tags - bugs or mobile... I do not know, but too often someone clicks also on something assuming the wrong (especially if said somebody had read those rules)