druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

16 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I've been known to post an occasional picture in the "Show Yourself" thread in The Real Life forum. :ph34r: 

What the fuck! I didn't know there were non BO forums here. What is this shit? Will be much harder for me to convince myself this is all in my head now that I have seen some faces.

I take back the fraud of the year title  back from the Kidman-Roberts starrer, it's this. And I really expected you to be McKellen in Mr Holmes kind of old. Talk about a letdown. I feel like those folks in Gods must be crazy with the Coke bottle.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

What the fuck! I didn't know there were non BO forums here. What is this shit? Will be much harder for me to convince myself this is all in my head now that I have seen some faces.

I take back the fraud of the year title  back from the Kidman-Roberts starrer, it's this. And I really expected you to be McKellen in Mr Holmes kind of old. Talk about a letdown. I feel like those folks in Gods must be crazy with the Coke bottle.

Haha to part 1, I have no idea what's about part 2

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hey I've lived in CO all my life. Your lips are cracked 1 minute after you put chapstick on most of the year. High  humidity is a serious foreign concept. 

Huh, Colorado. My other "must visit" destination as a beer fan pretty soon. I live in Portland, OR, widely considered the beer capital of the world because we have the most microbreweries of any city. Bend, OR, has the most per capita. But I hear Colorado and San Diego, CA, are the other major beer centers. I really want to have a beer vacation, maybe with a friend, to Colorado to try a bunch of their breweries. I just got back from Stormbreaker Brewery here in Portland, only about 10 minutes from me, but we have so many breweries it was my first visit there! Their beer is incredible... It may be one of my favorite breweries. I've tried their stuff at the store before, just never at the brewery itself. I got a sampler tray and a pint so tried 6 tonight. Mmm... 

I really hope Monday is $27.5M or above, anyway. Anything around $30M would be awesome!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChiSoxRox said:

Oh and I found a fun way to describe Alaska's size to a European.

If you combine Scandinavia (including Finland) with Germany and Benelux, Alaska is still larger.

But which European wouldn't already know that (beside still in school ones)?

4 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

How big is Greenland?

(Not counting Greenland. It's larger than Alaska!)

ETA: Greenland is about 1.3 times the size of Alaska, or similar to Scandinavia + Germany + Benelux + France.)

Edited by ChiSoxRox
  • Like 1

Just now, theendsnotnearitshere said:

How big is Greenland?

I was so confused about continent size because of Greenland. My World Book said Africa was bigger than North America, but my wall map showed Africa roughly the same size as Greenland which should have meant NA was much bigger. It took my globe to show me to not trust the wall map.

Incidentally there is also a great West Wing episode that discusses this issue.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

On the plus side, it's not sinking into the ocean.

True, San Francisco isn't slowly sinking into the ocean.  It will probably break off and be submerged almost instantaneously during some enormous earthquake.

• Like 2

Just now, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Isn't Greenland European? Dutch or Danish or something like that?

Also, is it possible to multi quote when you're on your phone?

The + next to the quote button.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh, Colorado. My other "must visit" destination as a beer fan pretty soon. I live in Portland, OR, widely considered the beer capital of the world because we have the most microbreweries of any city. Bend, OR, has the most per capita. But I hear Colorado and San Diego, CA, are the other major beer centers. I really want to have a beer vacation, maybe with a friend, to Colorado to try a bunch of their breweries. I just got back from Stormbreaker Brewery here in Portland, only about 10 minutes from me, but we have so many breweries it was my first visit there! Their beer is incredible... It may be one of my favorite breweries. I've tried their stuff at the store before, just never at the brewery itself. I got a sampler tray and a pint so tried 6 tonight. Mmm... 

NE, huh? Is that where you live? I used to live in SE, way back in the day when I was going to college there.

• Like 1